calaisturbo.com.au

calaisturbo.com.au (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/index.php)
-   Western Australia (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   CTWA Chat thread (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=278702)

EVL 30-12-15 15:04

I have not yet Michael, pls send help

fmx939 30-12-15 15:14

Dude I have no idea about rims for my own car let alone yours. Maybe try something else rather than a 19", maybe a sweet weld 17 inch that the vette's run on the street in the states. That's what I'm looking at

EVL 30-12-15 15:56

Think i might just go the 1 piece simmons, why are they staggered sizes though? http://www.tempetyres.com.au/wheels?CarMake=&CarModel=&Brand=Simmons%20Wheels&I nch=19&SubCategory=&Colour=&PCD=&Size=&Staggered=

Steve 30-12-15 16:17

Chimmons?

Psychotik 30-12-15 16:29

Tell you what look good the "HDT VE 20 inch 5 STAR's"

https://hdt.com.au/product/hdt-ve-20-inch-5-star-wheel/

Justin/HurtinIt has some on his VL and they look amazing. Seen them in person and they look even better.

EVL 30-12-15 16:57

yep looked at them, don't like 20's on non body kit VL's too big imho

fmx939 30-12-15 17:00

Noooo chimmons are poo, u can think up something better than them.

Psychotik 30-12-15 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVL (Post 3067511)
yep looked at them, don't like 20's on non body kit VL's too big imho

What about these rims?

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/w...0/IMG_0775.jpg

(Please don't take this seriously.)

Skinkis 31-12-15 17:10

Would you consider 18" at all, or are you set on 19"?

There's some pretty cool 80's style rims from Europe that would work well with the PCD if you'd be keen on trying something "outside the box" so to speak.

BBS LM is a classic, fits pretty much any car and the centre can be done in silver, hyper black or gold etc, much like a simmons wheel.

Ronal makes a very cool "Aero" rim which is very 80's.

Otherwise there are a fair few standard BMW rims which are quite nice in a 5-spoke design which isn't "too out there".

Psychotik 04-01-16 15:11

No longer applicable.

brussel 06-01-16 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skinkis (Post 3067526)
Would you consider 18" at all, or are you set on 19"?

There's some pretty cool 80's style rims from Europe that would work well with the PCD if you'd be keen on trying something "outside the box" so to speak.

BBS LM is a classic, fits pretty much any car and the centre can be done in silver, hyper black or gold etc, much like a simmons wheel.

Ronal makes a very cool "Aero" rim which is very 80's.

Otherwise there are a fair few standard BMW rims which are quite nice in a 5-spoke design which isn't "too out there".

I reckon 17's or 18's old skool dished rims would look the goods on a vl, trying to look for a set for my vl but i get stuck with the whole pcd thing

Skinkis 07-01-16 18:00

BMW PCD, there's heaps to choose from in Europe and Ebay.

I ended up importing a set of Compomotives from the UK for a BMW. Classic Rally rim used on Cosworths, Lancias and BMWs.

You can have a look here: https://www.performancealloys.com/

They sell and ship to Aus no worries and have a huge range.

EVL 11-01-16 11:44

Cheers for that fellas I'll add them all to the list i'm hoping the longer I stall with this the better decision gets made haha

brussel 18-01-16 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVL (Post 3067666)
Cheers for that fellas I'll add them all to the list i'm hoping the longer I stall with this the better decision gets made haha

Keep us posted on what you find.

i really want to get a set of old school dish rims for my vl !

Curly 03-05-17 18:35

can anyone recommend a panel beater / painter in the northern suburbs (preferably close to Wangara as the windscreen is out and would rather not trailer it) who would be able to repair and paint my windscreen area?

have the windscreen and dash out already and have a rarespares patch panel to take bits from. don't need to worry about the windscreen as I have that sorted already.

http://i.imgur.com/COI9buK.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/nVGIcu4.jpg?1

Curly 05-05-17 12:22

does anyone want these 18" wheels? tried selling a while ago but cbf.

http://i.imgur.com/LmSKpsP.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/gY2sCmG.jpg?1


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 06:09.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger