View Single Post
Old 11-09-16, 19:20   #1
Neddingto
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Restoration advice

Hey guys, apologies if this is in the wrong section. I'm new to this forum to excuse me.

I'm just after some advice about a restoration project, I'm almost ready to go for my red P's and I'm looking to get a car for myself.

I was looking around on a local Buy, Swap & Sell site, and saw somebody advertising (what I think to be is, as it didn't have the calais badge on the back) a calais VL, auto transmission and non-turbo'd. (pictures are below)

When I originally saw the post, I was stunned as they wanted 1500 for the car itself, the motor is there, body is there, interior is in pretty neat condition. I thought it would have been too good to be true.

I went and had a look at the car today and it turns out it was too good to be true (to some extent. The body was alright, the engine itself is there. HOWEVER, there is significant parts missing. The entire powersteering unit has been removed and its currently running on manual steering, spark plugs are gone and one of the cables is snapped at the connector, theres significant amounts of rust over the axles and where the brake discs would be, the battery is gone and the front bumper is cracked.

This comes down to my original question, I'm estimating the cost of restoration for this car would be in excess of 3 thousand, would that be accurate? Would it be worth restoring? I'm really interested in this, however I am only 16 but I thought I should ask some people who know a lot about this kind of stuff. Check out the photos attatched.

Thanks a bunch guys
Neddingto is offline   Reply With Quote