View Single Post
Old 24-08-14, 08:55   #7
markovr
Player

Car: vr commodore,vz commodore, vn commodore ,vh commodore
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Good write up, although I gotta say with all that effort you've still left non-braided brake hoses on!
I have used the original rubber hoses as I intended to use 315 discs later and I wasnt sure they would be long enough
The mod is actually quite easy and after you do it a couple of times the hardest part is getting the caliper nuts perfectly positioned at 76mm centres but if you use the nuts with the shoulder milled, it is all bolted up to the brackets before you weld anything so its almost foolproof and the shoe welding is easy as well.
Also found that the original backing plates never had any paint on them so after 20 odd years they are a bit rusty...solution just throw them in a bucket with a litre of vinegar ...wait 24 hours take out and hose the rust off back to base bare metal...prime and paint

Forgot to mention for a vl or any pre series 2 vp car you need to add some line adapters to the rubber hoses ends that bolt up to your cars original solid lines to mate to the double flared solid pipe ends if you are using stock vt hoses

Last edited by markovr; 21-09-14 at 09:15.
markovr is offline   Reply With Quote