GRUNT Performance

Old 23-04-10, 17:24   #51
vltrb-0
The Regulars

Car: ke57, a ke70 with an ls1 and a turbo
Trader Rating: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suxgas View Post
Jason Ghiller is making the exhaust manifold. Now that we are happy with where the turbocharger is sitting that manifold should be ready very soon.
yeh he makes some neat stuff, very keen to see how it turns out
vltrb-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-10, 17:32   #52
bigpsi
$$$$$$$$$$$$ LOL

Car: BIGPSI-1 vlct 9.81 @ 142mph BIGPSI-2 in the garage ;)
Trader Rating: (8)
Love it!!!!!!
Old 23-04-10, 17:55   #53
platuim
I left out the N

Car: da vl turbz bro
Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via MSN to platuim
[QUOTE=suxgas;2461668]Thanks buddy, Hey those seats in your profile pic look farmiliar The trim looks mint, great work!

---------- Post added 23-04-10 at 06:54 ----------

lol yep thats them the back seat turned out the best i reckon and damm comfy aswell haha
platuim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-10, 00:47   #54
DeVL
Dirty Barrels

Trader Rating: (11)
Send a message via MSN to DeVL
looks great man good luck with the build
DeVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-10, 18:39   #55
GMHBT1
Player

Car: R33 gtst m spec
Trader Rating: (2)
i read your reply to me in the other thread suxgas about who is tuning it etc i just thought i would post in here to save thread hopping.

cant go wrong there i heard that gasman is on his game with this sort of stuff and also i dont think you could go wrong with mark jacobsen tuning it im sure 1000 hp should be a walk in the park with the two of them combined doing the work on it.
GMHBT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-10, 20:54   #56
suxgas
Official Member

Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpsi View Post
Love it!!!!!!
Thanks Mark, Hows your build going? Nearly ready?

---------- Post added 24-04-10 at 20:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMHBT1 View Post
i read your reply to me in the other thread suxgas about who is tuning it etc i just thought i would post in here to save thread hopping.

cant go wrong there i heard that gasman is on his game with this sort of stuff and also i dont think you could go wrong with mark jacobsen tuning it im sure 1000 hp should be a walk in the park with the two of them combined doing the work on it.
Cool buddy, I think so too
suxgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-10, 00:32   #57
bigpsi
$$$$$$$$$$$$ LOL

Haven't done hardly anything for over 6 months due to spending 30k on building a 18mx6m garage at home ... didn't really intend to spend that much but by the time i got excavating done, buy garage, concrete floor and joining paths, hoist, wiring/lights, benches, shelves etc etc money has been going going going gone lol but now have killer set up for working on my cars it will make things easier and more enjoyable ... oh and also i got a RX7 track car now too lol

You car looks tuff as
Old 25-04-10, 03:12   #58
GMHBT1
Player

18x6m am i reading that right lolol thats like 59-60ft long and about 20ft wide yeah lolol thats a bloody factory not a garage lololol.

so how far off is she bigpsi we need to get some of the vic cars back on the map.
Old 25-04-10, 08:42   #59
suxgas
Official Member

Car:
BIGPSI - F@rk you went hard out! I would have done the same if I could Most definenty sounds like a killer setup you've got there. Whats next? a lathe and a mill just incase you need to machine up bits and pieces?

GMHBT1- I reckon from what i saw yesterday at the nationals the vic cars were showen up by the interstaters big time! They put on a great show and made the event worth the wait. All the vic boys need a kick up the a$$ to get a move on
Old 26-04-10, 16:23   #60
suxgas
Official Member

Car:
More updates...

Last edited by suxgas; 26-04-10 at 19:03.
Old 26-04-10, 18:51   #61
bigpsi
$$$$$$$$$$$$ LOL

Quote:
18x6m am i reading that right lolol thats like 59-60ft long and about 20ft wide yeah lolol thats a bloody factory not a garage lololol.

so how far off is she bigpsi we need to get some of the vic cars back on the map.
Yeah 18mx6m see my avatar .....

Things have been ticking over slowly but if i do what i want to do it will be a fair way off yet
Old 26-04-10, 20:00   #62
Cocopopz
Death is hereditary

Car:
Trader Rating: (6)
Just read through the post very nice car indeed, I cant wait to see it run. You will need to keep us posted. How long has this taken so far, how long to go? also do you have any pics of the inside of the collector?
Cocopopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-10, 20:30   #63
vltrb-0
The Regulars

Car: ke57, a ke70 with an ls1 and a turbo
Trader Rating: (26)
Quote:

Things have been ticking over slowly but if i do what i want to do it will be a fair way off yet
i vote project thread on your garage man haha
vltrb-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-10, 21:16   #64
Morgz
Morgzano Racing

Car: VS exec forged LS3 + S482
Trader Rating: (27)
Send a message via MSN to Morgz
suxgas - If I was building an 8 second streeter this is how Id like to think Id do it. There is nothing I would change regarding your combo, the engine specs are all top end, the paint looks awesome, love the tubs. It'll put on one hell of a show when the time comes.
Old 26-04-10, 22:26   #65
GMHBT1
Player

Quote:

is that two garages as in a garage for the car being the front half and the back garage is a workshop or does it have doors on the side to the rear as in a side entrance to have access to rear yard sort of thing.

doesnt look high enough to fit a hoist but the pics could be deceiving.

i think in years to come most of the street vl scene will be over with and the top cars will become some sort of minitubbed or fully tubbed chassied cars if the owners continue to pursue sticking with them in the long run.

i guess reason behind this is to push the extremes you will have to have traction and to have traction you have to have tubs and rear end either full or mini and then it comes to safety etc which leads to the cages and all that sorta stuff.

suxgas car is prime example. im sure he will be driving it every now and again if he does decide to register it but its becoming abit out of hand of being a street car wouldnt you say suxgas.
Old 27-04-10, 18:21   #66
suxgas
Official Member

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocopopz View Post
Just read through the post very nice car indeed, I cant wait to see it run. You will need to keep us posted. How long has this taken so far, how long to go? also do you have any pics of the inside of the collector?
Thanks buddy, Its taken 3 years to get it to this stage having other committments and financials is another story but I think this will be the year for me. Now that Jason Ghiller is apart of the project it will all go together fairly quick and should see the track soon.

I'll have more pictures of the exhaust manifold over the next few days.

Last edited by suxgas; 27-04-10 at 18:40.
Old 27-04-10, 18:39   #67
SGTMAC
Player

Car: Berlina 5 spd turbo
love your car bro,always been a massive fan for a gold calais.just flawless,good luck with running the numbers you want for satisfaction for all ya hard work
SGTMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-10, 18:39   #68
suxgas
Official Member

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgz View Post
suxgas - If I was building an 8 second streeter this is how Id like to think Id do it. There is nothing I would change regarding your combo, the engine specs are all top end, the paint looks awesome, love the tubs. It'll put on one hell of a show when the time comes.
Thanks Morgz I appreciate your comments!
I to think it will put on a great show on the track.
Im very anxious to get behind the wheel

---------- Post added 27-04-10 at 18:50 ----------

Quote:
i think in years to come most of the street vl scene will be over with and the top cars will become some sort of minitubbed or fully tubbed chassied cars if the owners continue to pursue sticking with them in the long run.

i guess reason behind this is to push the extremes you will have to have traction and to have traction you have to have tubs and rear end either full or mini and then it comes to safety etc which leads to the cages and all that sorta stuff.

suxgas car is prime example. im sure he will be driving it every now and again if he does decide to register it but its becoming abit out of hand of being a street car wouldnt you say suxgas.
I totally agree with you, minitubbing and tubbing also falls into the saftey category with a cage and chassis work. It all helps when trying to put huge amounts of power to the ground, Its great to see small tyre cars going fast but majority of these's cars are opting for a bigger tyre with extra's.

As for the street, Im happy to drive it once or twice a week and yes i agree its getting out of hand but most of the extra's (wing and chute) are removeable. I cant justify spending thousands on a car that can only be driven on a track, The people that know what I'm like will agree that I will bring this out for all to see. Especially the haters!
Old 27-04-10, 18:59   #69
elz
Player

Car: vl
Trader Rating: (0)
sux gas... this thread makes me wanna sell my car

buy a realy mad camera...
and take photos of your car

lol

***n good work brother, alota cash gone in right there
hopefully when i get over clubbing and the cross i might start putting some money aside for a car like this
whats the colour called??
Old 28-04-10, 18:52   #70
bigpsi
$$$$$$$$$$$$ LOL

Quote:
is that two garages as in a garage for the car being the front half and the back garage is a workshop or does it have doors on the side to the rear as in a side entrance to have access to rear yard sort of thing.

doesnt look high enough to fit a hoist but the pics could be deceiving.

It's one garage with a 3.5m sliding door on the side for backyard access but about to build a mezzanine floor in the last bay and have a sort of workshop area under that ...

It's funny about the tubbing thing cause when Vas' car was the only tubbed VL years and years ago he got ragged for it and all i heard was the only reason it was fast was due to being tubbed as everyone else was running 26x10 or 28x9, now almost every fast (8's) VL seems to have a 10.5 tyre

Tubbing is relatively cheap and will help heaps with traction and also makes the car look tuff as like GLDJET does

Last edited by bigpsi; 28-04-10 at 18:58.
bigpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-10, 20:45   #71
suxgas
Official Member

Car:
Quote:
It's one garage with a 3.5m sliding door on the side for backyard access but about to build a mezzanine floor in the last bay and have a sort of workshop area under that ...

It's funny about the tubbing thing cause when Vas' car was the only tubbed VL years and years ago he got ragged for it and all i heard was the only reason it was fast was due to being tubbed as everyone else was running 26x10 or 28x9, now almost every fast (8's) VL seems to have a 10.5 tyre

Tubbing is relatively cheap and will help heaps with traction and also makes the car look tuff as like GLDJET does
I know what you mean, I've heard smart remarks about mine to. I've even read smart remarks about having a wing, but I couldn't careless because all those people end up doing the same thing in the end!
Old 28-04-10, 21:07   #72
DVS VL280
Player

Car: DVSVLT, VEPSI and VXPSI
i understand what your saying always going to be the haters and jealous people out there thats just life i've copped all the **** aswell, love your car in every way and how you have gone about it, cant wait to see it out at the track very soon
Old 28-04-10, 21:08   #73
bigpsi
$$$$$$$$$$$$ LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by suxgas View Post
I know what you mean, I've heard smart remarks about mine to. I've even read smart remarks about having a wing, but I couldn't careless because all those people end up doing the same thing in the end!
Tubs, wing and chute looks tuff if car is nice which yours is very nice
Old 29-04-10, 18:48   #74
buz_13b
Player

Car: Corolla, VE-SS
Send a message via MSN to buz_13b
speechless....
Cant wait to see this car when its finished.
Two thumbs up, and if i had more thumbs... all of them would be up.
So for now, U get 2 thumbs and 8 flanges lol.
So 10/10.
Amazing work.
buz_13b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 09:30   #75
suxgas
Official Member

Car:
Here are thursday nights updates....