Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Technical > LPG GAS Specific
Tyres Now

Old 03-08-13, 13:00   #1
Technico
Advertiser

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Minimum coolant hose diameter to converter

Hi guys. I drive a dedicated LPG Toyota but seems like there's lots of good info here for gas you dont get on Toyota forums :-)

I currently run an L converter and a 425 mixer. The engine is a high compression NA I6, just like the RB30 but twin cam.
Im busy doing a new head and intake manifold for it, which means moving the converter over to the other side of the motor where i dont have good access to big diameter water lines.
I do have a good, hot, water source on this side straight out the head but it is only about 1/4" diameter. It was originally used for throttle body and idle speed motor heating with the efi setup.

I can open hole up a little, what is the minimum kinda size i need to keep the L converter happy and warm?
Technico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13, 16:12   #2
Technico
Advertiser

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Here is what the setup looks like currently. The motor has enough goodies inside to run 8000rpm :-)

You can see the 2 x 5/8 water lines to the converter off the therostat housing.

The new manifold gets the mixer off the top of the motor and sits it right on top of the inlet runners. I want to bring the converter over this side for a short connection between it and the mixer, mounted directly under the runners. You can just see the water line i want to use going into the TB, its literally straight out the water jacket of #3 cyl.
Technico is offline   Reply With Quote