JD CUSTOM

Old 02-11-16, 21:17   #1
OldSkoolr
Player

Car: 87 Vl Calais
Trader Rating: (0)
A few question

Hi all
Just got a few questions regarding a N\A build. Wanting do do something a little different. Not chasing any crazy number so sticking with a N/A build.
Was wondering what cams would suit a build like this. I know there are "many threads" out there, but there are no recent ones, as wade cams have now shut shop. The only ones out there atm are Crow cams 503NA. What are people's thoughts on them?
Another question i have is what bigger injectors can i use on a standard fuel rail?

And finally, will you have to go DOHC if you wanted to add a stroker kit? and does it only suit a turbo build?
OldSkoolr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-16, 20:47   #2
ZOO222
Gold Members

Car: 1988 Vacationer
Trader Rating: (0)
You can use factory turbo injectors or factory nissan GTR injectors which should be plenty enough for an N/A setup. A cam, a nice set of extractors and a good cold air intake would be your best bang for buck on an N/A setup
ZOO222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-16, 10:51   #3
bachig24u
Player

Car: VL Calais
Trader Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolr View Post
Hi all
Just got a few questions regarding a N\A build. Wanting do do something a little different. Not chasing any crazy number so sticking with a N/A build.
Was wondering what cams would suit a build like this. I know there are "many threads" out there, but there are no recent ones, as wade cams have now shut shop. The only ones out there atm are Crow cams 503NA. What are people's thoughts on them?
Another question i have is what bigger injectors can i use on a standard fuel rail?

And finally, will you have to go DOHC if you wanted to add a stroker kit? and does it only suit a turbo build?
If you go with a stroker kit, ask Brad from Spool. He does the cranks and pistons to suit.
I don't think it would need a twin cam head, just the right piston pin height as the stroker crank adds
about 4mm to the stroke which will push a piston at stock height around 3mm over the deck which would smash the head on first rotation.
Brad's done all the numbers and measurements so the only variable is how far your head and
deck have been shaved which can measured once you remove the SOHC head.
ECU Calibration Engineer - Tuner
bachig24u is online now   Reply With Quote