Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Technical > Technical Articles
Oz Drive - Driver Education

Old 28-01-15, 09:59   #351
PSI086
You Can't Polish A Turd

Car: One of those
Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via ICQ to PSI086 Send a message via MSN to PSI086
PBR don't sell the res seperately. I tried both them and the local holden and ford dealerships and had no luck
PSI086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-15, 12:18   #352
VL_Nick
Player

Car: VL Wagon
Trader Rating: (0)
Managed to find myself a brand new AU reservoir by sheer luck at a Ford wreckers. Took my VT reservoir out to make sure it will fit. Now to fit it up when I get home.

No wreckers or private seller wanted to sell me the reservoir separately, only with master cylinder along with it. Understandable.

---------- Post added 12-02-15 at 09:34 ----------

Can confirm that the AU reservoir is a perfect fit. Everything lines up perfectly.

VL_Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-15, 12:37   #353
Wkd_Vl
Player

Car: VLT & Vz SV8
Trader Rating: (24)
cheers for clearing that up. ive tried 2 vs reservoir and there dont fit. ill get a au one this weekend
Wkd_Vl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-15, 15:23   #354
CJW
Player

Car: VLT Wagz
Trader Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wkd_Vl View Post
cheers for clearing that up. ive tried 2 vs reservoir and there dont fit. ill get a au one this weekend
Weird? I run a VS reservoir on mine, the only thing is the locking screw doesn't line up, I just re-drilled for a M5 bolt/nut. Obviously the Au one seems a better option though.
CJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-15, 07:48   #355
Steve
( . Y . )

Car: Calais
Trader Rating: (31)
Im using a Series III VS reservoir from a Stato and it bolts up fine, didnt even need to redrill for that bolt..
Old 17-02-15, 18:36   #356
Wkd_Vl
Player

Car: VLT & Vz SV8
Trader Rating: (24)
yup au one fits up mint. so mucking around
Wkd_Vl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-15, 18:48   #357
markovr
Player

Car: vr commodore,vz commodore, vn commodore ,vh commodore
Found another way of making a vt booster adapter bracket from the one on a vs plastic booster..always knew about it but never considered it as I had the older way using a pre vs bracket fully worked out but nowdays its getting harder and harder to find the old brackets so I sused out the vs bracket and found that there was a little less cutting and welding work but still precision to get it to fit.
You have to drill 4 x 5/16 holes 80mm across and 60mm down in the base to accept the studs of the vt booster.Mounting holes on original bracket are offset and not square with cylinder so you have to turn the vs bracket anti clockwise so mounting studs on new booster square up so when mounted up the master cylinder is square and top of reservoir is level. This will give you a small margin to file the holes a poofteenth to fit. 2 of the 4 holes end up being very close to the edge of the bracket so some filling out to get clearance for the nuts to clear is required ...you could just bolt it up and it would probably be ok but I reckon you need to weld a plate on the bottom for strength and to give it a professional look. I have seen on Ebay a complete setup and I this is how the bracket is done (- the plate) and he is quick to pat himself on the back but in his pictures of it he is careful not to show the bracket as its this easy.
I have sold many setups on this site and on ebay from time to time and sell them at much less money but I dont hide anything and always give enough info that if you have enough confidience and think you can do it.... save yourself some money(lots) and do it yourself. You still have to weld up and redrill the pushrod hole in the booster you use but that isnt a major deal with some welding skills and patience.

Last edited by markovr; 27-05-15 at 17:49.
markovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-15, 14:28   #358
MxPx VL
DEETS

Trader Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by markovr View Post
You still have to weld up and redrill the pushrod hole in the booster you use but that isnt a major deal with some welding skills and patience.
What are the dimensions for re-drilling the pushrod with the extra plate welded on?
MxPx VL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-15, 18:44   #359
markovr
Player

Car: vr commodore,vz commodore, vn commodore ,vh commodore
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPx VL View Post
What are the dimensions for re-drilling the pushrod with the extra plate welded on?
bolt the modded bracket on the booster centralise shaft and measure up centre of shaft from boltup face of bracket up the rod and drill the new hole centre at 112.5 to 113 mm ...hole is one size bigger than 3/8. This will put pedal height in the same place as before.
On another topic I also stock the BRAKE LINE ADAPTERS and can suppy as many as you need.

Last edited by markovr; 27-05-15 at 17:40.
markovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-15, 10:59   #360
VL_Nick
Player

Has anyone come across this issue before. I am replacing the master cylinder which is from a VY commodore. I ordered a new master cylinder to suit VY commodore and when I went to bolt it on the rear of it is different to the one I took off. the rear is shallower than the one that came off. The master cylinder looks the same otherwise but the front of the one that I took off has VX stamped on it and the one going on has VY. I definitely removed the whole booster and master from a VY.

Is it simply a matter of removing the screw from the booster to allow it to bolt up?

Old 15-08-15, 23:11   #361
VL_JOHN
Player

Car: Maranello Red LW5 MX7 BT1
Send a message via ICQ to VL_JOHN Send a message via MSN to VL_JOHN
Do this. It is from page one on this thread...

Cut the head from the adjustable bolt you just removed and put a small slit into the end of it with a hack saw, so you can use a straight blade screwdriver to screw it back into the pushrod on the booster.

Note: You must cut the head of the adjustable bolt short enough so it can become level with the pushrod on the booster.

Step 3.

Screw the bolt back into the pushrod and use locktite to lock the thread on it.

Note: Make sure its 100% level with the pushrod itself. The only reason we screw the bolt back into the pushrod is to stop the hollow push rod from collapsing, it may fatigue over time from it being hollow. The bolt will strengthen it. So please don't just leave it out.
VL_JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-15, 13:12   #362
VL_Nick
Player

Turns out I had the wrong master cylinder. The AWD VY Crewman, Adventra etc has a different master cylinder. Got the right one and it fitted up fine.
Old 23-12-15, 16:29   #363
damo`
Player

Car:
does anyone know if it matters if the AU reservoir is from a Series 1 or 2?

Went to a wrecker and he said there is a difference between the brake systems on S1 & S2, or is the reservoir just the same ?
damo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-16, 22:02   #364
Hqheath
Player

Car:
Hoping I can do this to my vh with parts from a vu?

Last edited by Hqheath; 05-04-16 at 22:06. Reason: Re-phrasing
Hqheath is offline   Reply With Quote