CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Technical > Technical Articles
Oz Drive - Driver Education

Reply

 

Thread Tools
Old 14-02-09, 14:56   #101
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.
 
5spdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29-07-07
Location: VIC, City
Trader Rating: (22)
Has anyone purchased the complete kit from RaceBrakes Sydney?

http://racebrakessydney.com.au/brake_kits.html
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-09, 11:24   #102
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.
 
5spdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29-07-07
Location: VIC, City
Trader Rating: (22)
Bump? I'm waiting for them to get back to me with a price.

If it's heaps, I'll try Holden.

Can anyone confirm if there is both an ABS and non-ABS VT master cylinder?

Ok, haven't heard back from Race Brakes Sydney yet, but...

Booran Holden (Cheltenham) quoted me $177 + GST for the VT master cylinder (in stock; one listing only?), and $204 + GST for the VS V6 brake booster (not in stock). Hopper Stoppers wanted $36 for all three line adaptor fittings (BQ40A, a kit with all three; in stock).

$455.10 all up.

Ok, got a response from Race Brakes Sydney. The kit they do is for the VT master and VT metal booster (twin diaphram), not a VS V6 booster. I was quoted $690 delivered.

So it all depends on what booster you want to use.

Last edited by 5spdvl; 16-02-09 at 14:18.
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-09, 19:13   #103
Grega
Player
 
Join Date: 21-07-03
Location: Melbourne, Hoppers
Car:
Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via MSN to Grega
i picked up the adaptors from hoppers stoppers, 36 bucks in stock all good.
__________________
Cheers

Grega
Grega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-09, 19:38   #104
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.
 
5spdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29-07-07
Location: VIC, City
Trader Rating: (22)
Yep, that's what I was quoted today.

I really cbf driving all the way over to Hoppers, I think I'll get them to post them.
.
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-09, 08:02   #105
Grega
Player
 
Join Date: 21-07-03
Location: Melbourne, Hoppers
Car:
Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via MSN to Grega
5spdvl, not hard to get to. take the westgate out to hoppers crossing, first turn off keep following it around to the grand car wash and you're there. easy to get to and right back on the freeway
__________________
Cheers

Grega
Grega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-09, 08:42   #106
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.
 
5spdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29-07-07
Location: VIC, City
Trader Rating: (22)
Yeah, but I live on the otherside of the city. =P

I got a friend that lives in Hoppers, it's always such an effort to visit.
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-09, 18:39   #107
ILK
Gold Members
 
ILK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18-05-08
Location: ACT, Canberra STH.
Car:
Trader Rating: (13)
Just a quickie bout the master.
is VT non ABS master the same as the ABS one.
Cheers
ILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09, 07:12   #108
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.
 
5spdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29-07-07
Location: VIC, City
Trader Rating: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILK
Just a quickie bout the master.
is VT non ABS master the same as the ABS one.
Cheers
VTs were only built with ABS. Therefore, there is no non-ABS VT master cylinder. Check with Holden if you don't believe me.
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09, 14:46   #109
ILK
Gold Members
 
ILK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18-05-08
Location: ACT, Canberra STH.
Car:
Trader Rating: (13)
I believe. I didnt think any came out without ABS.
Just some parts on Ebay. some ads say 'non ABS'
But we all kno ebays rep.
cheers guys.
ILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 15:44   #110
RB30-POWER
Gold Members
 
RB30-POWER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18-06-02
Location: NSW, , ,
Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Send a message via MSN to RB30-POWER
vx model came with abs across the range.

vt did not.

the masters are the same however, just on non abs models, the bung/blank screw is removed so both ports can be used for front brakes. abs models have this bung screwed in and only uses two lines that feed into the abs unit.
RB30-POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 15:51   #111
ILK
Gold Members
 
ILK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18-05-08
Location: ACT, Canberra STH.
Car:
Trader Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB30-POWER
vx model came with abs across the range.

vt did not.

the masters are the same however, just on non abs models, the bung/blank screw is removed so both ports can be used for front brakes. abs models have this bung screwed in and only uses two lines that feed into the abs unit.

Cheers. I had mixed results on this one....
ILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 16:45   #112
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.
 
5spdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29-07-07
Location: VIC, City
Trader Rating: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB30-POWER
vx model came with abs across the range.

vt did not.

the masters are the same however, just on non abs models, the bung/blank screw is removed so both ports can be used for front brakes. abs models have this bung screwed in and only uses two lines that feed into the abs unit.
Holden spare parts - as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike.
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 17:17   #113
NZ VL com
Player
 
NZ VL com's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-03-08
Location: NZ, Hamilton
Car: vl calais, vl royale 195kw non turbo
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB30-POWER
vx model came with abs across the range.

vt did not.

the masters are the same however, just on non abs models, the bung/blank screw is removed so both ports can be used for front brakes. abs models have this bung screwed in and only uses two lines that feed into the abs unit.
are you saying that the VX^ can be used by taking the bung/blank screw out? can it be that simple?
__________________
looking for VL wagon FS AUS 3Lt man
NZ VL com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 19:31   #114
ILK
Gold Members
 
ILK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18-05-08
Location: ACT, Canberra STH.
Car:
Trader Rating: (13)
Can i use the V8 Booster from VN-VR??
ILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 20:05   #115
NEOLDEN
Player
 
NEOLDEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-07
Location: VIC, outindasticks/portland
Car: vh sle in da making..186kw vlt..hx ute 355 strkr..d/cab rodeo mini trk
Trader Rating: (1)
some very usefull info in here
NEOLDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 20:17   #116
ILK
Gold Members
 
ILK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18-05-08
Location: ACT, Canberra STH.
Car:
Trader Rating: (13)
Didnt think you could.
But have been told it can be done????
ILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-09, 21:44   #117
boostin01
Player
 
Join Date: 06-02-09
Location: SA, southern suburbs
Car: a few holdens
Trader Rating: (1)
has anyone done this to a vn/vp commo, or know someone who has?
boostin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-09, 03:16   #118
TheChad
Dreamer
 
TheChad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 31-08-07
Location: Perth, ~15mins SOR
Car: 91 pulsar daily - VLCT
Trader Rating: (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB30-POWER
vx model came with abs across the range.

vt did not.

the masters are the same however, just on non abs models, the bung/blank screw is removed so both ports can be used for front brakes. abs models have this bung screwed in and only uses two lines that feed into the abs unit.
so woah woah woah. too many people saying conflicting things here.
i'm going to go by what you say simply because its your thread and the people who have followed what you have said to the letter have all come back saying wow great improvement etc. what is the vt MC you need? and howcome people are reporting the vt res doesnt fit? do i want the abs or the non abs vt mc? and with this you are saying the vs res will fit?

thanks, just want to clear it up before i hit up some wreckers/start trying to organise fittings being posted across aus.
TheChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-09, 15:47   #119
RB30-POWER
Gold Members
 
RB30-POWER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18-06-02
Location: NSW, , ,
Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Send a message via MSN to RB30-POWER
get a vt master, mine was an abs model, i had to remove the bung for the second front brake line port on the master for the front brake lines on the vl, like i described earlier.

the reason you use the vs resevoir is because you can fill it better because it suits the angle of the vl firewall.

if you leave the standard vt resevoir you will find that the fluid can only be filled a certain amount because of the funny angle it sits on.

you don't have to change it, but it gives a far better result if you do.

the resevoir has a single bolt underneath that you undo and pull the plastic resevoir out of the grommets, easy.
RB30-POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-09, 18:36   #120
VLWAGONIT
Gold Members
 
Join Date: 11-07-06
Location: WA, SOR
Car: Vlc wagon, 08 Husqvarna TE510, 89 GSXR 1100
Trader Rating: (20)
Send a message via MSN to VLWAGONIT
what is needed 2 put a set of vt calipers on a vlt? iv got a complete set of calipers and maser cylinder and my m8 wants it for his calais turbo
__________________
I just want enough power to rip single leggers on wet grass
VLWAGONIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-09, 16:54   #121
ILK
Gold Members
 
ILK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18-05-08
Location: ACT, Canberra STH.
Car:
Trader Rating: (13)
Ok decided to go against the master cylinder polish...
Would have end up doing the brake lines. And dont think id stop there.
Besides not building a show car....

Anyway. Recenlty bought a VX Master cylinder.
It has VT stamped on the front tho, Dont care bout this. But
The reservoir dont seem to have as much of an angle on it as the one pictured at the beginning of the thread???
Has anyone come across one like this????
I'l post up pics

Last edited by ILK; 01-04-09 at 19:51.
ILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-09, 18:03   #122
ILK
Gold Members
 
ILK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18-05-08
Location: ACT, Canberra STH.
Car:
Trader Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB30-POWER



Mine looks like this????





I dont think i'll need the VS reservoir.
Maybe the VY had a less angled reservoir????

Also my fittings from Hoppers Stoppers didnt come with copper washes..
Are they needed to seal????
Might just go to AUS Hose and get some....
ILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-09, 08:42   #123
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.
 
5spdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29-07-07
Location: VIC, City
Trader Rating: (22)
Yes, get the copper washers.

You need to check that the reservoir sits fairly flat when installed, so your brake fluid doesn't spill.
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-09, 09:18   #124
ILK
Gold Members
 
ILK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18-05-08
Location: ACT, Canberra STH.
Car:
Trader Rating: (13)
Cheers i'll double check that.
Yeah Hopper Stoppers said they should have come with copper washers and may be hard to find. But would send them to me if i have no luck....
If i have no luck today at AUS hose, I guess i'll just have to get them send from Hopper Stoppers.
Make sure you all ask for the copper washes if you are ordering them.
Save F'ing around...

Cheers Again
ILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-09, 13:57   #125
steerer
Player
 
Join Date: 07-04-09
Location: NSW, Newcastle
Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Guys,

Help needed, I knows its not a VL etc etc but it is a commodore! lol

I have a VK commodore rally car, the brakes have been upgrade to Vovle 4piston fronts, the rears have Volvo 2 pistpn calipers. The master cylinder is a new 1 inch bore.



The problem I have is the pedal is very soft, moving approx 3-4 inch before pressure is applied to the brakes, making for a ‘long pedal’.



I have bled the system quite a few times and am confident the system has no air in it. I have also pulled the cylinder from the booster, and with my fingers am able to press the piston into the cylinder approx 4-5mm quite easily before pressure builds and I can push any further. (this is where the long pedal is generated from)





Do you guys believe a VT master will remove the long pedal? Also is there a cylinder with the same valving as the VT cylinder with mounting the same as the original booster bolts holes?

Or can i mount the VT master to the early model booster? As i just spent $300on a new booster with increased power and cant really afford another booster.

Thanks Heaps
Anthony
steerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 21:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger