CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Technical > General, Electrics, Engine Management, Wheels, Bodywork
G-Cylinder

Old 10-12-16, 10:36   #1
OriginalG
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
VL Venetians / Shades, How to tell if original?

Hey guys, thought I would throw some pictures up and ask for everyone's opinion on this. I tried searching the web, and this forum and didn't find any answers unless someone wants to point me in the right direction.

If anyone has any original factory venetians they know for a fact are factory option and original and could take photos of might clear this up instantly but for those of us without...

I've been searching online to pick a pair of quarters up, my rear window has originals as was a 2 owner, 120,000kms been with the car since factory and seem very heavy well built and make 0 noise at all.

Quarters, I've posted 3 pictures below. (All photos taken from same direction of face)

1st, Listed on ebay, you can clearly see the metal lips out on every fan, listed for $250, in terrible condition and has a lot of watchers. One would assume these are the original factory. Messaged seller, said as far as he would know has been in car from factory. No tabs at bottom

2nd picture, Sold on ebay, absolute rat **** condition but sold for nearly the price of brand new repops. Does not have lip edge on every fan blade. but does on the first?? Which I've circled, and has the tabs.

3rd, Sold on ebay for $50 bucks, blades look like the repops that are listed on ebay all the time. But the repops for sale (now anyway) do not have the tabs on the bottom.

OriginalG is offline   Reply With Quote