Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > calaisturbo.com.au > Stolen
JD CUSTOM

Old 01-06-05, 00:05   #1
Jet
playuh

Car: VLT BT1
Trader Rating: (7)
The unofficial car security thread

As all of you probably know VL commodores are among the most stolen cars in Victoria. I've decided to create this thread to give people some ideas to help protect their cars from would be theives. Now most of this stuff is really basic.. But the point to this thread is to help people, so ...

* Never leave items like your driver's licence or registration papers in your car.

* Etch your car's VIN or body/chassis number in the corner of some of your windows and/or sunroof. (Professional theives often change VIN etc. ; they may feel less inclined to replace all the windows. You may be able to etch these numbers in your self, or have them done by some sort of 'professional'.

* When leaving your car, sharply turn the front wheels of the car in order to lock the steering wheel. In an auto just leave it in park; on a manual, leave the car in gear and put on the handbrake.

* Club Locks a.k.a steering wheel locks. These can be purchased from a variety of places including e-bay, where bidding starts as low as $1.00

* Vary your routines - don't park in the same place every day for the same length of time etc. etc.

* If you have a lock up garage - USE IT

* If you have to park in a drive way, during night see if some one else can park behind you, such as a family member, in a way 'blocking you in'.

* If you have to leave your car in a valet or car park service where you must leave them with your car, only give the attendant your ignition key and never say how long you'll be gone for.

* Avoid parking in very quiet and/or dimly lit places, especially in remote sections of a shopping centre carpark, where a theif could work undetected.

* Special locks such as Solex ones, you can pick these up for around $70 - $100 (i think).

* Very basic... Alarms and Immobilizers !... A must have, especially with a VL. Certain alarms such as Viper ones are available from here in the calaisturbo for sale forums.

I'm sure theres plenty more methods, so if feel free to list more..

Last edited by Jet; 18-12-05 at 02:42.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-05, 01:44   #2
MadVK308
I LOVE THE SOUND OF VN's

Car: 5 speed VLT Berlina, VXII Clubby
Trader Rating: (23)
Send a message via MSN to MadVK308
Another point which I think needs to be added to this thread (good work mate) is if your going to spend the money on your ride, dont forget how inportant it is to invest in an alarm/immobilisor, it may not give you any power gains or make your car look better, but it is a great deterrent.

It never ceases to amaze me how people just dont see the importance in having car alarms/kill smitches/immobilisors..
Old 01-06-05, 01:59   #3
Jet
playuh

Well said mate. Thanks
Old 01-06-05, 13:27   #4
WeLLsY
Deadmau5

Car:
Trader Rating: (43)
Fully kitted Viper Alarms can be bought off the site at absolute bargain prices...

Nothing detters a thief more then when his ear drums burst from the mini sirens you've hidden in the cabin.

Also have a few immobilisers, they are so easy to hook up to anything and you can have more then 1. I have 5 so starting my cars like starting a Airplane you have to hit all these switches, but I know some clown thief aint ever going to get it started.
Old 01-06-05, 13:54   #5
david85dc
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (11)
Send a message via MSN to david85dc
i dont know y people would skimp on this sorta stuff when u got one of the most thefted cars built. u can never have enought kill switches, immobilisers and theft deterants.

there r good alarms out there that will keep ur car safe. full stop. so go buy one people.

i personally recon any1 with a vl turbo, with just an immobilisers and alarm is not enough
david85dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-05, 20:50   #6
CR3W #7
Player

Car: 87' 5spd VL SL
Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via MSN to CR3W #7
a wheel lock, solex locks. alarm immobiliser, the alarm needs shciok sensor so that it detects broken windows...but really how many ppl on the street stop for car alarms? my brother set ine off in the carpark of the shopping centre yesterday and no one flinched. still wouldnt go without one but.
CR3W #7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-05, 08:34   #7
WeLLsY
Deadmau5

Car:
Trader Rating: (43)
Its not the fact that no one notices when they go off. Im telling you lads if you put a couple of those mini piezzo sirens in your cabin, they are that loud they send your body into a shock. Like a rabbit in headlights.

I set my alarm off when my mate was being a smart ass in my car and he no **** fell out of the car and threw up... ha ha
Old 03-06-05, 11:31   #8
GLD-086
Player

Car: 2004 VZ SS
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to GLD-086
Try not to drive around areas where theres lots of Druggos Junkies etc.

And if you get some f*g that knows you have a VL and he starts on you dont do anything about it cause if you do he'll steal your VL in retaliation.
Old 03-06-05, 14:02   #9
david85dc
Gold Members

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 86
Try not to drive around areas where theres lots of Druggos Junkies etc.

And if you get some f*g that knows you have a VL and he starts on you dont do anything about it cause if you do he'll steal your VL in retaliation.

lol man, thats a dumb thing to say
Old 03-06-05, 14:16   #10
jordy
Caps lock technician

Car: '87 Calais turbo, Yamaha FZ8N
Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via MSN to jordy
Remove the ignition lead to the coil, and take it with you or hide it somewhere in the car. Or swap the order of the leads on the dizzy so it won't start (but remeber where they go...).
Old 03-06-05, 15:01   #11
GLD-086
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by david85dc
lol man, thats a dumb thing to say
Why???

Its worked for me why do you think in the 2 years of having my VL its never been stolen or broken in to?

Cause I follow those simple intructions.
GLD-086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-05, 17:40   #12
david85dc
Gold Members

Car:
LOL man.............

junkies wont steal ur car, they will crack out and fall over then u run over them.

all u need is the best alarm (as in best, lots of $$$) on the market then u can park ur car anywhere. i have done this and i dont have to fear someone will take my baby.

my grandfather has an origional na berlina from factory. origional owner. no alarm, it has taken a good thrashing by me and now over 200,000k's doesnt look crash hot but its never been stolen, i guess that junkies havent gotton onto him yet

a majority of poeple who steal cars r fuc ken dumb 17 yr olds who want to joy ride, i got some punks try break into my car, bent my door, but i wasnt at home at the time so i was unable to go out and bat their heads in. next time i will sniper them from my window with my bb gun, just make sure i dont hit my car.
Old 03-06-05, 19:34   #13
Petros
Here for the Smackdowns

Car: 10.52@132.86 mph
Trader Rating: (26)
another way

dont flaunt the damn thing on chaps etc.

you want a car stolen - flaunt it -
Petros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-05, 19:47   #14
VL_Nick
Player

Car: VL Wagon
when alarms go off its not that someone looks but that the thief feels self concious and thinks people will look so they leave it alone.
VL_Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-05, 10:40   #15
MADDAS
VK Turbo

Car: SMASHED RB30ET TURBO VK
Trader Rating: (10)
disconnect the brakes like a line lock but on the front aswell, if he gets though all the other stuff his more likly to die/maimed or possibly he might just run away cause he cant drive it
Old 10-06-05, 13:59   #16
wrightoff
Official Member

Car: VL Turbo Wagon
where can you get the in cabin sirens and how do you set up them up
can they be put onto any alarm cause they sound unreal.
Old 18-07-05, 22:44   #17
Frank_69
Player

Car:
jaycar electronics have them
Frank_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-05, 08:18   #18
david85dc
Gold Members

Car:
jb b hi fi broooo
Old 19-07-05, 12:53   #19
Hemi
Player

Car: meat wagon
Trader Rating: (5)
my mate who lives in south africa has a bottle off wild turkey which is actually half full of ethonol in his glove box... so some retard steals his car, starts driving along, opens the glovie, sees the bottle, opens it, smells it, drinks it, well u know whats gonna happen lol. he dead
Old 19-07-05, 15:20   #20
GLD-086
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi
my mate who lives in south africa has a bottle off wild turkey which is actually half full of ethonol in his glove box... so some retard steals his car, starts driving along, opens the glovie, sees the bottle, opens it, smells it, drinks it, well u know whats gonna happen lol. he dead
Hahaha

Yeah but wouldnt that be classed as manslaughter?
Old 19-07-05, 15:35   #21
Jet
playuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LETHL
Hahaha

Yeah but wouldnt that be classed as manslaughter?
Murder actually, he intends on killing him..
Old 19-07-05, 16:13   #22
Hellzy69
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
"my mate who lives in south africa has a bottle off wild turkey which is actually half full of ethonol in his glove box... so some retard steals his car, starts driving along, opens the glovie, sees the bottle, opens it, smells it, drinks it, well u know whats gonna happen lol. he dead"

I think he would live as ethanol ain't going to kill u it is afterall alcohol
I think u meant methanol (moonshine) that will kill ya!!
Hellzy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-05, 16:46   #23
NZ 30ET
Player

Car: '00 s15 turbo
I got my alarm put in yesterday it is awesome! Its called a selca, not sure if you guys have it in australia or maybe you might. http://www.abacuscaralarms.co.uk/alarms/selca/
It has in car sensors which a fly can even set it off if inside. Siren very loud. You can pay an extra (x amount of dollars) to get an in car siren aswell.

I recommend this
NZ 30ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-05, 13:46   #24
lamo
Player

Car: (Shazza) 87 VL Berlina
Send a message via MSN to lamo
gday lads im writing this post as my VL was broken into for the first time last week as i have only been driving for 6 months all the suggestions that have been noted are good ideas and i did have an imobiliser/alarm system wich was the only reason i am still on the road now however is there any way to stop these stupid *******s actually getting into your car ie. coathanger job i have plans to put in solex locks and maybe even a better alarm system also what is the best type of security for your boot to stop subs and all types of stuff u happen to have in your boot getting stolen.
lamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-05, 19:40   #25
Jet
playuh

lamo - to stop them getting in.. solex locks.. You mentioned 'coathanger jobs' ? For the thieves to be able to do that, don't the windows have to be partly open? Just wind up your windows, or an addon like the window windup kit which can be used with the Viper alarms. also maybe a break glass sensor which again can be used with the Viper alarms.