User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > calaisturbo.com.au > Stolen
Oz Drive - Driver Education

Old 30-07-05, 20:41   #26
Jet
playuh

Car: VLT BT1
Trader Rating: (7)
btw, lamo what sort of alarm do u have at the moment?
Old 30-07-05, 21:26   #27
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
Alarms are very very easily disabled and once the sound stops they can take all day

Most people consider car alarms an annoyance and ignore them anyway

Immobilisers are the way to go, that's why insurance companies recommend them

Silent protection is better

www.Facebook.com/cpvr.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-05, 22:33   #28
lamo
Player

Car: (Shazza) 87 VL Berlina
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to lamo
the after market alarm imobiliser system that is on my vl was there when i bought it and is pretty basic with one siren one imobilisation point and sensors on all 4 doors and the bonet. I have already had problems with the control arms in relation to the central locking side of things. Would say the system is between 2 to 4 years old on information from previous owner and as i said above the imobiliser is the only reason i still have my car. However there was no damge to any of the external locks or windows including the boot wich was also opened (may have been opened from the glove box button) so this is why i suspected a coathanger job. The only other option would have been that the thiefs had a worn old VL key which i have seen first hand open doors of different mates cars(VLs). either way i am more than happy to hear your opinions on what i should/could do as im sure most of you have been in my situation before with relation to VL break ins/thefts
lamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-05, 14:11   #29
TWINTURBS
Player

Car: vl calais turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet
lamo - to stop them getting in.. solex locks.. You mentioned 'coathanger jobs' ? For the thieves to be able to do that, don't the windows have to be partly open? Just wind up your windows, or an addon like the window windup kit which can be used with the Viper alarms. also maybe a break glass sensor which again can be used with the Viper alarms.
-do not publically tell people how to break into a VL!
-Miz

Last edited by Miz_VL_Turbo; 12-09-05 at 18:20.
TWINTURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-05, 22:07   #30
VLRB20DET
Time for another NISSAN!

Car: 2010 WR450F
Trader Rating: (10)
Some of us paying members may remember this post, fairly funny

MRHELE posted this thread in the technical section, thought I would post it here so we could all read, but I won't be moving it to the open forum. Pretty funny.
-----------------------------------------------------
MRHELE has just posted in the Technical Articles forum of calaisturbo.com.au under the title of Easy How to Guide at Smashing a potential Theif.

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Most tools can be found lieing around at home or ur local Hardware and Sports store.
When a would be potential theif approaches ur pride and joy there are many precautions u need to take into consideation such as , 1)is he armed and dangerous, 2) is he actually trying to brake into your car, 3)how much bigger is he than you, and finally is he a complete D I C K H E A D trying to pince ur pride and joy.
As most of us sleep with 1 eye open trying to eyeball these morons the second we hear a sound we r usually up and running outside like a pack of idiots trying to scare off these would theives rite. well this is were we need to kick it back a gear!! as soon as u hear a sound u need to be close to a window and just check out the sitch. once u have identified that this is the real deal immediatly proced to DEFCON 5. hang there and wait as soon he has his grubby paw inside the car proceed to make ur way towards the wank. try and be as quiet as possible. This is were the toys come into play. Usualy i keep either a nice Alluminuim Adult sized Basebll bat with extra rubber gripping just to give me the extra comfort on my hands wen i go full throttle on sum 1s face,this can be found at either Kmart or Rebel and usually retail anywere from 39.95 to about 45.95, or u could go for the cheaper option of going to ur local hardware store and purchasing 1m length of 2x2. this can be discuised as anything which is y i love this toy. u dnt need to be the sharpest tool in the shed, all u gota do is throw this lil dooby on a lathe and decorate it into anything u really want, so u can make ur self a nice fancy handle and maybe even spike the top of it by hammering some nails into it. this is a very effective "finishing off" tool as this usually leaves a nice Hammered metal finish on the potentials face . these items are good to have either 1 in ur room and 1 at ur front door or even if possible have 1 stashed ouside in the garden close to the car. It is now very crusial that u move very quickly but in stealth mode make no sound at all, u dnt wana be seen or heard. As u approch this scum make sure u are deadly quiet wen u think ur ready to hit make a sound so he hears u and turns around. as he turns around u give him a nice welcoming present by spliting half his face open and splatering his nice pearly whites all over ur windows and interier. this should make stars appear infront of him, if it doesnt its time for plan B.
Drag his ass over to a guter as i garuntee u he wont really wana move or talk after a hard blow to the head. postion his mouth onto a gutter with his remaing teeth cleanched onto the gutter.Proceed To AMERICAN X him by jumpin on the back of his head and maybe even potentialy killing him. the way i see it id rather do the time for potentialy cleaning more scum off he street. A WARNING TO ALL THEIVES OUT THERE IF U THINK THIS IS A JOKE THINK AGAIN, COME AND TRY UR LUCK WITH ME!!!!

ATTN NO RESPONSIBILITY WILL BE TAKEN FOR ANY INJUSTICE CAUSED TO ANOTHER HUMAN BEING IN RELATION TO MY INFO , HOW EVER A SLAB WILL BE PAID OUT IF ANY OF THIS INFO DOES HELP AND THERE IS PHOTO EVIDENCE TO PROVE
VLRB20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-05, 22:26   #31
BOOSIT
Player

Car: ORIG SII VL Calais Turbo
Trader Rating: (3)
LOL nice very nice heheh
www.mindlessent.com
BOOSIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-05, 23:50   #32
michael2427
Official Non-VL Owner

Car: Coming Soon
u got the photos i'm guessing it would something like the pics on rotten.com
michael2427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-05, 13:11   #33
nismo_ec
Player

Car: VK Calais 5.0l
how bout, shaving the door handles off...and getting one of the alarm systems that have remote door opening.. (carry a spare barrtie too) that would sure confuse em... get to there car "oh theres no door handels or locks"...
all at cost tho..but it has been done plenty of times..(u can aslo not have remote door opening, and just have the push button to open the door under the side skirts
Old 23-10-05, 16:44   #34
87vl
Player

Car: VLCT
Send a message via ICQ to 87vl Send a message via MSN to 87vl
good thread mate, 2 leave a vl anywhere remote for however amount of time u hav to be a dumb cvnt.

If u havnt got an alarm on ur vl and u hav no other choice but 2 leave it somewhere. then atleast fit a couple of kill switches or take a couple of the above measures.

One of my mates good mates owned an original maron over silver s2 calais that only had one owner, log books, immaculate condition inside & out with vt calais internationals that he worked his arse off for and he came home last week left his car parked in his driveway for bout 10 mins while he went inside. And some group of young ****s from corio that we're still trying to sus out stole it stripped all the calais stuff off it, stereo and wheels
and even went to the trouble of taking off the compliance plates, grinded off the old vin number stamped a new one and even chisseled off the head rest brackets. took every thing they wanted swaped interiors with an sl or executive one and drove it there and set it on fire. Would have to say it would be someone who knows their vls... If a lot of calais parts including a light grey s2 calais interior pops up for sale cheap on here or the likes we might hav a few clues.

this guy chose to always park it in his garage and never left it anywhere...

My point to this tread is ALWAYS be consiousous of where u leave ur vl even 4 10 mins

Last edited by 87vl; 23-10-05 at 16:56.
87vl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-05, 22:28   #35
SHAUNUS
Player

Car: D40 Outlaw on 24's, 2013 CRF 450, 2010 CRF 250
boys this is **** someone needs to simply list everything needed to be purchased to safe keep a vl. like a list of things to install and what brands and costs. but your ideas are wikid props to them.
SHAUNUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-05, 22:37   #36
Jet
playuh

Car: VLT BT1
Trader Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by b00ST!!!
boys this is **** someone needs to simply list everything needed to be purchased to safe keep a vl. like a list of things to install and what brands and costs. but your ideas are wikid props to them.
That's roughly what has been done in this thread...

Listing specific brands and costs in this case would only lead to arguments, as everyone has personal preferences as to what brands they think are best and also costs will also vary as everywhere may differ slightly in price. In any case, if you read over my first post, I do list a couple specific brands and approximate prices..

Last edited by Jet; 25-10-05 at 22:43.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-05, 22:11   #37
gktech
Advertiser

Car: VE SII SS-V Redline edition
Trader Rating: (93)
Send a message via MSN to gktech
For all the guys in Vic that are after decent alarms send me a PM and I'll look after you guys. I have an installer in Meadow heights that can do ANYTHING with an alarm. (eg. Viper 791xv for $400 rather than $899)

We have had some people relocate their alarms to all sorts of wonderful places (eg. under seats, inside doors, in boots, in front guards, etc. etc.).

The alarm is not so much what will make the diffence, more so the installer.

One of the most basic items that you can use is a kill switch. It will work every time without fail. An alarm can fail no matter what alarm you get, where as a kill switch will not.

Do not be a cheap skate and buy an alarm for $200 fitted when you could of had something 10x better for a few hundred more.

What I usually do is think of ways I could steal my car and make sure that all those ideas are taken care of.

Eg. most cheap alarms if you disconnect the battery and then put it back on the alarm is disabled as it has lots it memory and goes back to default mode (which is unarmed). To get around this get a battery backup.

Anywayz that's enough for this thread.

If anyone has any questions then please feel free to send me a PM.

Let's help make all our cars safe!!

cheers,
Greg
Old 07-11-05, 22:20   #38
gktech
Advertiser

Car: VE SII SS-V Redline edition
Trader Rating: (93)
Send a message via MSN to gktech
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo_ec
how bout, shaving the door handles off...and getting one of the alarm systems that have remote door opening.. (carry a spare barrtie too) that would sure confuse em... get to there car "oh theres no door handels or locks"...
all at cost tho..but it has been done plenty of times..(u can aslo not have remote door opening, and just have the push button to open the door under the side skirts
I have these kits available.. Only $30 per door and will work with the Viper 791xv as seen in pimp my ride (serious too) lol

Greg
Old 07-11-05, 22:56   #39
twinvl
Player

Car: R32 GTS-t 4 Door, TRX Bluebird SR20DET track car
Trader Rating: (1)
1 more thing that hasen't been mentioned is while a kill switch can be well hidden, they can be found. A way around this is by wiring in a fuse, so that if the ign is turn on with the kill switch on the fuse will blow, then the car won't go weather the switch is on or off.
This also means u can put the switch in a obvious place and not worry!
U can even hide the fuse in the loom and close to the ECU so it could take hours for even a auto elec to find!

Another good 1 is to have a battery isolator switch, the ****wit will give up pretty quick if the interior light comes doesn't come on, no dash lights, headlights, realys clicking!
Old 01-12-05, 17:58   #40
sampo
CARBY FED!! :D

Car: VL 5L
Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via MSN to sampo
They can indeed, my car came with one when i brought it, the owner ofcourse was indeed curtious enough to tell me about it too (NOT). It didnt take long before i realised the car had one (hidden behind the bonnet release leaver)

SERIOUSLY IT ONLY TOOK JUST OVER A MINUTE TO FIND IT!! - IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO KILL SWITCHS MAKE SURE YOU HIDE THEM WELL -

In my opinion have one well hidden in the cabin if you are only parking for a couple of hours and an external kill switch (more inconvenient) for when leaving the car exposed for a couple of hours.

Also just rember battery cut off switches are great but it doesnt take an idiot long to trace back the dirty great red wire comming from the battery and pissing off to somewhere underneith the chasis, Also most alarm systems will trigger as soon as you cut power from the battery. Inconspicuous is indeed better ie switches that cut power to the ignition coil for example.

Sorry for the long post
sampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-06, 19:40   #41
I8AFRE
Player

Car: VR Calais V8
Yeh my vl had a kill switch just behind the the middle console bit where the radio is, on the drivers side near the brake peddle. It doesnt take a brain to figure out where there can be. So, where are the best places to hide a kill switch? Hmmm i dont think ill get many answers lol, doubt ppl wanna write a "how to steal my car" post.
This is the one thing that worries me the most, since im about to buy a VLCT sometime this month. Needless to say i'd die if my car, which i worked my arse off, day and night for, is pinch by some ***** needing a hit.
I8AFRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-06, 02:32   #42
ULOOK2
Player

Car:
Maybe another security issue is just don't live in the northern/western suburbs of melbourne, haha.
ULOOK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-06, 21:22   #43
SII_Turbo
People read these?

Car: with wheels
Trader Rating: (17)
haha..tuff..i8 like it!
SII_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-06, 02:10   #44
TURBRO69
Player

Car: bmw
boyz i reckon best security is a tuff dog,i got a car it aint a vlct or a vlt or even a vl but i got a mean lookin 2 n a half year old staffy if theres so much as a peep at night he goes mental, plus hes good with the jehovas witnesses lma0o
TURBRO69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-06, 08:16   #45
FRCED-6
...2Fast 2Low Kustoms...

Car: VQ Statesman
Trader Rating: (11)
Send a message via MSN to FRCED-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBRO69
boyz i reckon best security is a tuff dog,i got a car it aint a vlct or a vlt or even a vl but i got a mean lookin 2 n a half year old staffy if theres so much as a peep at night he goes mental, plus hes good with the jehovas witnesses lma0o
hahaha classic!
FRCED-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-06, 20:17   #46
M Taylor
Official Member

Car: 88 Vl berlina & Vs exec
Trader Rating: (19)
Send a message via MSN to M Taylor
something different 2 try, im not sure if they still do but holden used 2 sell a metal surround 4 the steering column to prevent people getting at the ignition wiring, jst screw one of these in with tork bit screws or something similar that ur average theif is not as likely 2 carry around, no sustitute for an alarm/immobiliser but every bit helps
M Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-06, 01:03   #47
SEXIE-RED
Player

Car: VR Exec lowered, 16s, hsv kit next on the cards
Send a message via MSN to SEXIE-RED
i have read about shaving door handles and having a button under the sideskirt to open the door, but i thought that it was illegal to shave the door handles and locks?
like, if your in an accident, and they cant open the doors.... your ****ed
hoons have small penises
SEXIE-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-06, 18:31   #48
SLO.BT1
too lazy for cars

Car: factory berlina turbo,xbgs coupe,xc sedan,xp falcon sedan,stock white bt1,na fairlane,2011 hilux sr 4x4
a good immobilser is possibly the only way to go,cause one of my mates vls had,an alarm, and solex locks, was out of fuel,the ****s just,disabled the solexs(very easy)and pushed the car away down the street.
Old 20-10-06, 19:17   #49
ven33m
Player

Car: VL
Send a message via MSN to ven33m
doesn't matter wot u do if a theif wants yr car they will have it. especially if they own a tow truck