CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > calaisturbo.com.au > Stolen
Oz Drive - Driver Education

Old 14-03-07, 15:35   #51
XTC16
Option Audio

Car: '86 VLCT S1 5 Speed Turbo [GMJ37], '86 VLCT S1 Auto Turbo, '87 Berlina, '95 VS Option Audio Demo Car [NCK000], '87 Auto Berlina Turbo
Trader Rating: (55)
Send a message via MSN to XTC16
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Taylor
something different 2 try, im not sure if they still do but holden used 2 sell a metal surround 4 the steering column to prevent people getting at the ignition wiring, jst screw one of these in with tork bit screws or something similar that ur average theif is not as likely 2 carry around, no sustitute for an alarm/immobiliser but every bit helps
It wasn't Holden, they were an aftermarket job for the VN's etc.

They're called a "Full metal jacket"
Old 20-03-07, 18:46   #52
justri
Official Member

Car: GTO
Trader Rating: (3)
ive seen somebody do this , the put a padlock around the gear shifter, in between the gear hand and the the thing u lift, obviouslty can on be done with an auto

and it was a big fat paddlock that fitter really tight around it,

so what u thing?
justri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-07, 19:39   #53
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justri
ive seen somebody do this , the put a padlock around the gear shifter, in between the gear hand and the the thing u lift, obviouslty can on be done with an auto

and it was a big fat paddlock that fitter really tight around it,

so what u thing?
mentioned previously, it's only a visual deterent since the shifter comes apart with minimal effort and the car put into gear

www.Facebook.com/cpvr.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-07, 16:07   #54
VLHERO
Player

Car: "Mini Aero"
Trader Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus880
mentioned previously, it's only a visual deterent since the shifter comes apart with minimal effort and the car put into gear
Or can be engaged from under the car.
VLHERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-07, 10:10   #55
Mr Leigh
Player

Car: VL 737
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I8AFRE
Yeh my vl had a kill switch just behind the the middle console bit where the radio is, on the drivers side near the brake peddle. It doesnt take a brain to figure out where there can be. So, where are the best places to hide a kill switch? Hmmm i dont think ill get many answers lol, doubt ppl wanna write a "how to steal my car" post.
This is the one thing that worries me the most, since im about to buy a VLCT sometime this month. Needless to say i'd die if my car, which i worked my arse off, day and night for, is pinch by some ***** needing a hit.
best one i've seen was behind the air vent and had to be turned on and off with a pen or pencil
Mr Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-07, 10:15   #56
HDT-VLCLE
The irregular one

Trader Rating: (34)
Or them magnet activate ones. could be anywhere behind the dash.
[/RANT]
HDT-VLCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-07, 20:51   #57
Sabo_
Player

Car:
wouldnt want to touch mr hele's car(not that i would)

man that guy would kill anyone who even walks along the car...

asfor security, having a silent alarm aint gonna fix the problem, he could strip down ur car, take ur sound system etc...
Sabo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-07, 12:12   #58
srbpwr
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
any car can be stolen, it doesnt have to be broken into. the best way, and the cheapest way would be to park another car behind it & dont leave anything of value inside! OR, do wat i do, and buy a rottwieler, i cant even sneak out of the house without him barking and running to see what it is... EVEN @ 2am wen he's fast asleep!!!
srbpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-07, 02:40   #59
Gremlinz
Player

Car: ST185 GT4 Celica, Fiat 124 CC coupe, VLC 5.0L, R32-GTR & VLCT 5-speed paperweight**STOLEN**
something i used to do until i got lazy and then had my car nicked was, to take the ecu out at night or at shopping centers etc...

mind u mine was smaller than the factory one (microtech)

kill switches are good, but i kinda like the thought of a 2farad capacitor setup on ur ignition barrel...fiddle and be burned!!
Old 14-10-07, 18:27   #60
steveVL
Player

Car:
just thought id add a plug in here if you lads dont mind, my bro is a 3rd yr apprentice locksmith and is forever changing busted locks in commodores, mostly your VL's. when i had mine he re-coded my locks so not any old commodore key could open and start my car. id recommend this to all VL owners just as extra security. if anyone in SA needs lock work done PM me, my bro will work out some 'under the table' prices
steveVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-07, 11:32   #61
KwHAT!
Player

Car: VLCT SII
my car was just stolen and the immobiliser didnt help niether did the club lock, guys you really have to be carefull there are some very well trained and organised thieves out there.
KwHAT! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-07, 05:03   #62
PSIWOG
Gold Members

Car: Audi
Send a message via MSN to PSIWOG
not sure if its been said but the best thing i can think of is sat tracking ..... your car can be stoped on the spot and location sent.... cops can be there within 5 min .... thats the best security i know of
Old 09-12-07, 18:35   #63
Hingo
PM for GuardRolling

Car: LEXUS IS200
Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via MSN to Hingo
more often than not, you hear of those who have had their cars broken into and then rolled down the street and then started and driven away from there... Avoid leaving your car overnight in a spot that the car can be pushed away from.

Sloped driveways are good, or anything on a hill that is near impossible for them to push the car back out of...
Hingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-08, 07:25   #64
[GRK-WPN]
Player

Car: A strainer
if u have a long drivway that is between the house and fence, get a big steel gate or those removable poles in the ground that lock in with a key, however these do cost a fair bit but the worth it every last penny

Id like to see someone even bother trying 2 steal my vl, locked and alarmed garage, 2 park cars with imobilisers behind it, a steel gate and a paslode framing nailer next to my bed, so asoon as i see em on my little camera they can expect to have some 3 inch nails in their azz

this time round i aint takin no shortcuts, already had a vp calais stolen

Last edited by [GRK-WPN]; 20-04-08 at 07:26. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
[GRK-WPN] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-08, 20:46   #65
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [GRK-WPN]
if u have a long drivway that is between the house and fence, get a big steel gate or those removable poles in the ground that lock in with a key, however these do cost a fair bit but the worth it every last penny

Id like to see someone even bother trying 2 steal my vl, locked and alarmed garage, 2 park cars with imobilisers behind it, a steel gate and a paslode framing nailer next to my bed, so asoon as i see em on my little camera they can expect to have some 3 inch nails in their azz

this time round i aint takin no shortcuts, already had a vp calais stolen
All they have to do is wait until you go for a drive and stop and park it somewhere on the street, then it's easy

www.Facebook.com/cpvr.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-08, 00:30   #66
rununxt
PIMPIN A RIDE NEAR YOU!

Car: VR 5.0 statesman, HQ GTS 308 GT4088 turbo
Trader Rating: (19)
Send a message via MSN to rununxt
i had a read through this thread (good idea by the way guys ) the point is people who steal vl,s most of them want parts, as they get harder and more expensive to buy, and things like ebay.... there is some easy money to be made out of the humble vl calais turbo........

dont matter what alarm door locks ect you have nothing is for sure to stop a theif you must think like one, and infact i spoke to a guy who once stole cars and he was f88king good at it and could get a vl in less than 2 mins with an alarm, but one thing is for sure i quized him on a few things and it all pointed to one thing, he knew the layout of most alarms imobilisers ect...... hmmmm

almost all alarms protect the same one or to points of the car ..... starter ignition , mostly .... so i borrowed a mates na vl that i have done some work on he is not greatly mecanicaly minded and got the ex car stealer to have a go at geting it going , after 10 mins he couldent get it started ......

reason it had an alarm yes no probs but i also fitted a kill switch to the fuelpump only able to turn on and off inside the boot with a solex lock and button relise in the glove box gone you will need to bring a big axe to get it open. .... sorry for the ramble.....

bottem line so many inexpenseive extra things you can do to stop them overkill yes but what wouldent you do to keep your car....... think outside the box people..... and whatever you do keep it to yourself, cos your bestmate may oneday not like you lol ......
rununxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-08, 18:04   #67
TheChad
Dreamer

Car: 91 pulsar daily - VLCT
Trader Rating: (20)
just putting it out there...

TheChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-08, 21:57   #68
jackpot77
Gold Members

Car: 86 sl exec. turbo.
haha gold
Old 31-10-08, 14:47   #69
calaid
Player

Car: vl calais/ sedan /wagon/ wb capricex2/ vk wagon calais look alike.
I have alarm/imobaliser, solex locks and also hidden kill switches, plus a dummy switch that is wired to a relay that makes all the right sounds etc but does nothing, also a couple of little home grown tricks on my cars , a mate tried for three hours and still couldn't get one going, all looks as per factory except the false kill switch, even under the bonnet, so guys put on your thinking caps and see what you can do, early commodores are easy to get into if you know how, a matter of seconds . look closely at your car and figure it out,
you can not have enough security even if his name is dingo.
calaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-09, 13:45   #70
Fresh_VL
Player

Car: VL Calais Turbo "10VLT", XR6T MK2
Send a message via ICQ to Fresh_VL
dog..... a big dog will always help keep people away from the car, also attracts girls to a car, it's sorta win win...

Fresh_VL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-09, 17:21   #71
vlturbs86
Player

Car: vl turbo
Send a message via MSN to vlturbs86
Freshvl
do u get action in that back seat or what LMAO
vlturbs86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-09, 21:48   #72
1QIKVL
Player

Car:
i think the best kill switches you can get are from holden they are just a normal screw earth it with your body car starts, have 3 or 4 of these wired up they will be guessing for ages
Old 18-05-09, 22:08   #73
vlturboc6
Player

Car: vl calais turbo 5speed/vl berlina 5 speed
stop ppl from opening boot take button out of glovebox if hasent allready bean said
vlturboc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-09, 23:37   #74
gunnit

Car: sandman panelvan gold vl bt1 sliver vl calais turbo
i had some smart ass c..k head try to boost my calias turbo from behind my gates i kicked the piss out of him for about 20 min ahhh it flet good
gunnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-09, 01:39   #75
HTURBO
Pushing Limits

Car: 05 VZ HSV Clubsport R8 daily / VL calais turbo manual / 05 CRF450R
Chuck one of these in your car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gUATkM3WSQ

Last edited by HTURBO; 30-11-09 at 20:36.
HTURBO is offline   Reply With Quote