CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > calaisturbo.com.au > V8 Discussion
Calais Turbo Advertising

Reply

 

Thread Tools
Old 01-10-06, 09:56   #26
TGfanatic
Player
 
Join Date: 06-02-05
Location: Adelaide, adeliade
Car: vz ss,vl 355,vh ss,gemini,r34
Trader Rating: (1)
i have a vp ss bt1, but has the hsv enhancment as well, so the engine i have been told is 185kw at the fly,

it has a d and t exhuast shift kitted trans and the airbox has been cut abit for better air flow, goes pretty good. if you floor it it will hit 2nd and wheel spn and kick to side ways as it's lsd rear.

i was planing next a set of extractor better cai and a cam, and a good dyno tune. hope this helps

CHris...
TGfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-06, 19:57   #27
nomad
Gold Members
 
nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 13-06-05
Location: Melbourne, East
Car: 99 Calais; 02 Calais
Trader Rating: (37)
hmmm this is interesting, i may be getting a 185i next year
nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-06, 10:22   #28
NASTY1
[IMPRSVE]
 
NASTY1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 17-03-06
Location: International, adelaide
Car:
Trader Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGfanatic
i have a vp ss bt1, but has the hsv enhancment as well, so the engine i have been told is 185kw at the fly,

it has a d and t exhuast shift kitted trans and the airbox has been cut abit for better air flow, goes pretty good. if you floor it it will hit 2nd and wheel spn and kick to side ways as it's lsd rear.

i was planing next a set of extractor better cai and a cam, and a good dyno tune. hope this helps

CHris...

it will kick side ways cause of the shift kit not the lsd

id recomend a small stall as the yare a bit doughy of the line.
my vs ss has rebuilt mtr 268 crane cam,cai,stg 2 trans,pacmakers into single 2 1/2 inch goes alright when it gets up of the line feels like turbo lag for a second haha.

ae hydrolic lifters stock on an efi 5 ltr i duno much bout internals.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalah
will consider all swaps cars, bikes ,goats,

what do you have?
NASTY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-06, 16:24   #29
hotbox
Player
 
hotbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18-04-05
Location: VIC, country
Car: APS TT CV8, LS1-T56 VG UTE
Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via MSN to hotbox
Changing diff gears will be the most effective mod, if it doesnt see highway much shorter is better 3.9s or 4.11. chips and cams are horse**** in a 5lt because compression is far to low. As others have said wind the timing up to 14 degrees and do a general tune up make sure everything is sweet and make sure you run good fuel. 5lt are a good tuff engine but they dont respond to mods to well because of the low compression ratio.
.
hotbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-06, 16:30   #30
NASTY1
[IMPRSVE]
 
NASTY1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 17-03-06
Location: International, adelaide
Car:
Trader Rating: (4)
are hydrolic lifters stock?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalah
will consider all swaps cars, bikes ,goats,

what do you have?
NASTY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-06, 17:11   #31
hotbox
Player
 
hotbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18-04-05
Location: VIC, country
Car: APS TT CV8, LS1-T56 VG UTE
Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via MSN to hotbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY1
are hydrolic lifters stock?
definately, never seen a factory built ohv engine with any else.
hotbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-06, 12:11   #32
ovq01
Gold Members
 
ovq01's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-05
Location: QLD, BrIZveGaS
Car: 355 VQ Statesman, Vl Turbo, 4.2L Smoke Stack Patrol !
Trader Rating: (1)
Talking 10thou all you need

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbox
Changing diff gears will be the most effective mod, if it doesnt see highway much shorter is better 3.9s or 4.11. chips and cams are horse**** in a 5lt because compression is far to low. As others have said wind the timing up to 14 degrees and do a general tune up make sure everything is sweet and make sure you run good fuel. 5lt are a good tuff engine but they dont respond to mods to well because of the low compression ratio.


I agree 5 ltr run too low compression. when you get cam ect done because you are changing cam you should get 10thou taken off head to bring comp up.. Much easer than changing pistons
__________________
WRECKING:- VL CALAIS, BERLINA'S. Many parts available, just send me a PM or you can shoot me a text to 0432659900.
ovq01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-06, 13:12   #33
VLT-025
Liquer/Poker
 
VLT-025's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-03-06
Location: Adelaide, Your VL's birthplace...Don't knock it
Car: They have 4 wheels and aren't making me rich
Trader Rating: (25)
I'm a big beliver in the small efficiency mods. My VP Chaser went from 135 to 160RWKW with thermo fan, catless exhaust w/tri-y headers, 70mm throttle body and CAI (Cut a hole in the bottom of the airbox and feed it with some 5inch piping from the front of the car, and replace the element with a K&N one). If you want to take it further, take off the A/C & P/S and add an electric water pump & cam.

It was dynod a few times in between & obviously the exhaust made the most difference, but everything else counted for some power. as far as gears go though I think 3.45-3.7 is plenty as you don't want a thirsty torque based motor revving its tits off.

Do this and get a delco tune done and you'd be suprised at the difference!
__________________
W.T.B. MOMO "RACE" 350mm steering wheel in good condition
VLT-025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 08:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.