User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > calaisturbo.com.au > V8 Discussion
Oz Drive - Driver Education

Old 31-08-08, 16:12   #1
calaisv8
Player

Car: calais
Trader Rating: (2)
................my Calais In The Build (pics)

Hey fellas just thought ide put some pics up of my candy red calais in the build, heres a pic of when i first got it
[IMG][/IMG]
it was N/A automatic i bought a turbo conversion put it all on a spare motor that was in the shed had 13000 k's on it but wasnt original turbo motor put a 5 speed behind it then pulled the old motor out and put that one in, it was real fun when it hit boost it was pretty agressive (running high comp due to the standard motor) but i had heaps of problems with it had bad blow by wouldnt idle properly and absolutely smashed the gearbox lol and i wasnt even full into it when it happened but just got real sik of the rb30 i do like em just quickly got over it SO heres when it began again lol on days of work i get bored and think hmmmm i rekon this could fit here and so on i got the SH^%S at the vl dash a bit to brittle for my likings they do suit the vls but as again got over it, i had a vn bt1 i was wrecking pulled the dash out for myself and sold the rest but one day gave it a go with fitting the vn dash to the calais after about 20 times fitting and pulling back out and cutting and adding fibreglass to places anyway this is what im up to with the dash (needs trimming)
[IMG][/IMG]
am still thinkin of putting auto meter guages in but depends if i can use the standard cluster or not.
now heres a pic of the engine bay (not show quality but looks better than standard)
[IMG][/IMG]
boxed in the rails welded all the holes on the firewall and smoothed struts
[IMG][/IMG]
ill try get more pics up soon as i do more to it the bays gettin painted in the next couple weeks oh yeah motor thats goin in it is an injected 5L outa a vr caprice still deciding to keep it auto or manual but wanna stroke it, twin turbs,blower either one depends on which way i choose to go as time goes on.
I have done everything myself apart from paint it was done profesionally just cant wait to get the motor in tell me what use think
calaisv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-08, 17:07   #2
mulkers
Official Member

Car: VE SS Sportwagon, VL Berlina Turbo, VL 5.0 Berlina, Slocus work hack
Trader Rating: (1)
Not a fan of the dash, but other than that, it is looking good.
Let us know which way you go with the motor
Old 02-09-08, 16:32   #3
calaisv8
Player

Car: calais
Trader Rating: (2)
oh well wanted to do somethin different it'll look alot better when its trimmed im doin black vinyl but its like wierd stuff its good quality unlike the dodge stuff from your local spotlight lol yeah ill be lettin ya'l know what i do to the motor for now its stayin stock not for to long though
calaisv8 is offline   Reply With Quote