CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Technical > General, Electrics, Engine Management, Wheels, Bodywork
G-Cylinder

Old 07-10-07, 22:56   #1
[GRKXTC]
X-CEPTA

Trader Rating: (8)
VT Seats into VL

Just wondering if anyone has put some VT seats into a VL and what they did to make them fit??

Ive searched for it, but im looking for abit of a detailed explination..

Thanx
[GRKXTC] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-07, 23:14   #2
ezy-9z
Player

Car: nothin
Trader Rating: (3)
a dude was stripping or selling a blue vl turbo with some he had the front driver seat and backseat fitted but they have a problem with the cat hump in vl's most lykly spend the extra lil cash to get them fitted by Yep_Boost make life easier and have electric seats
Old 07-10-07, 23:19   #3
BADVLSL
10 Sec VLT.. err.. to 100

Trader Rating: (10)
Send a message via MSN to BADVLSL
whaoh! Ezy-9z.. thats pretty random especially seeing he didnt even ask a question...
Old 08-10-07, 08:04   #4
ezy-9z
Player

Car: nothin
Trader Rating: (3)
clearly there is a question in there n i gave him an answer wow im doing wat u do on a forum and answer ppls questions, wat do u do on this just trying stir s**t up
Old 13-10-07, 13:16   #5
VLT 88
10.14@133mph street trim

Car: 570rwhp - PROVLT
Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via ICQ to VLT 88 Send a message via AIM to VLT 88 Send a message via MSN to VLT 88 Send a message via Yahoo to VLT 88
YES... i put vt seats in my vl. if you have the vn style vl seats the vt seat just bolts to the bottom of it just drill some new holes in the bottom of the seat... takes bout 30mins each seat
VLT 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-07, 17:06   #6
SHAUNUS
Player

Car: D40 Outlaw on 24's, 2013 CRF 450, 2010 CRF 250
Trader Rating: (0)
i put vt ss fronts in as well as rear and parcel shelf... looks killer i reckon....BUT.... the problems get bigger as you move from the front to the rear hahaha...

Front seats: We found these easy to install.. two people working took an hour... use the front two holes of each seat mounts where the vl seats were mounted... this gives you the right location to mount the seat (ie not too far forward and in the centre of each side) the rear two holes will need drilling... when doing so we made a few small bits of flat bar underneath to add support to the hole as i didnt trust the 20 yr old sheet metal with me and my passengers lives on stake. FUNCTION and SAFETY is ESSENTIAL! dont rush to get it done. take your time as you dont want a seat to tear off when in a crash.

Rear Seats: BOTTOM HALFThe seat base, we found using the vl seat frame and mildly modifying the rear of it so it has enough room to slide down into place worked well.. we also used the foam basically because it matched the base... the vt base we found was huge. the foam also stuck out tooo far and gave little leg room. We just retrimmed the seat base with the vt seats cover. TIP! wasnt easy... thankfully got a mate who is good at what he does for a living hahaha.

TOP HALF: As the seat is just too wide for the vls body something somehwere needed to be trimmed... we found it easier to trim the centre fold down arm rest than to have a go and probably damage the side bits. As i rarely have 5 people in my car i found it more important to focus on the rear left and rear right passengers comfort. With this in mind we didnt touch these parts of the seat and chose to trim down the centre piece.
This required undoing the material and foam from the plastic base.. we used a special saw to cut the foam. anything though canm be used. Then we re-upholstered it and it was well done. Measuring and double checking is essential Also allow a little bit extra as the foam does decrease in size when upholstered.

Parcel Shelf: As the rear top half of the vt ss seat has a built in head rest it sits quite high. The vl parcel shelf looked terrible, showed a lot of the vt seat and wasnt nice at all and defeated the whole purpose of the job... So we came up with the crazy idea of using a vt ss parcen shelf. This needed only a small amount of trimming. Using this we could also adjust the height of the shelf to fit perfectly behind the headrests for a clean and flush finish. I also found the perfect area to mount my alpine s type 6x9's. with each speaker mounted behind each head rest it looked effin awesome. gives crystal clear sound and theres no vibrations at all. i have a sub in the boot and everything is nice and rattleles hahaha
Parcel Shelf: As the built in head rests of the rear

Last edited by SHAUNUS; 13-10-07 at 17:22.
SHAUNUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-07, 08:09   #7
Hingo
PM for GuardRolling

Car: LEXUS IS200
Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via MSN to Hingo
any pictures of how you did the front seats at all mate?
Hingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-07, 21:11   #8
jedsjet
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
hey guys i have put vy seats in mine i used the origanal vl rails for the front seats and made bracket to bolt the seats to the rails so i didnt have any probs with the hump, i also got back seat in and the parcel shelf i also thought it looked funny with the origanal one it looks mint now, now i got to do the door skins just not sure what to do yet.
jedsjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-07, 21:17   #9
DVS VL280
Player

Car: DVSVLT, VEPSI and VXPSI
Trader Rating: (2)
pics boys..
DVS VL280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-07, 09:51   #10
[GRKXTC]
X-CEPTA

Trader Rating: (8)
thanx boyz.. can anyone explain to me how to do the rear in detail as i might have a shot at it! is it hard ot relativly easy?
[GRKXTC] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-07, 18:12   #11
Boyracer
Polarized

Car: VL 5.0, VS 3.8
Trader Rating: (19)
I was going to put VT seats in my VL but dropped the idea,too much pulling apart,VR seats make an easier seat swap.