CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Technical > Engines, Turbos, Exhausts, Intercoolers
Tyres Now

Old 11-08-17, 16:33   #1
Skd-pig
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Turbo oil drain hose kinking

Hey guys so I have a gt3582r low mount standard rb30 motor and all there is one issue that I'm facing so where my oil drain fitting is in the block and where my oil drain fitting is on the turbo they are to close to each other and each time I try fitting the standard 19mm hose it keeps kinking and restricts the flow of the oil what do you guys recommend I do should I just drill into the sump and hook it up from there or is there an alternative please need help asap as my car has to be ready for my wedding in another month cheers guys ☺️
Skd-pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 21:04   #2
battery
Player

Car: VLCT
You can try using different fittings either off the turbo or the block (eg a 90 degree fitting) then attach the hose to that. There are fittings with different bends which allow the hose to run a straighter path. If you're not quite sure, drop it into a workshop. They'll turn it around with an hour or two labour tops.
battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 21:10   #3
MitchVL
Player

Car: VL Berlina
I have a GT3540 on a factory low mount manifold and had to mess around with oil drain fittings. I ended up getting one from GCG turbos that was long enough for the hose to fit nicely onto the drain pipe as well as onto the barb from the block without kinking. Might need to look into something like that mate, or potentially cutting your oil drain pipe down 10mm or so, provided there is enough room to clamp the hose on still.
MitchVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 12:38   #4
battery
Player

Car: VLCT

Example picture of what I meant by using different fittings to straighten the path out
battery is offline   Reply With Quote