CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Technical > LPG GAS Specific
LSX Garage - Performance has a new home...

Old 21-07-08, 23:07   #1
Shaun_VL
Gold Members

Car: Vl SL turbo, RED 91 barina, vlct rb25det
Trader Rating: (11)
LPG to Turbo

Hey guys.

I no this has probably been done quite a few times... But I have searched and can't really find anything specific. Is there any problems/parts that i need to be aware of when converting my vl to a turbo. At the moment its running petrol and LPG vapour injection

Sorry again if this has been done somewhere else I just can't seem to find anything.

Cheers
Shaun_VL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-08, 03:18   #2
blownba
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Are you running vapour injection with the stock ECU?????
Vapour injection tends to be somewhat problematic on group fire injected vehicles sometimes (depends on the brand of LPG injection)
I wont fit vapour to a VL unless it runs a different ECU to make it SEQUENTIAL injection, that way I know it will run PERFECTLY.

Anyway, to answer you Q.
You need to post what brand of LPG system you run. Some brands have very poor flowing injectors that will not handle boosted applications, and barely keep up with the N/A as well!. If you want to do the job right I would look at going with a aftermarket ECU so it will be much more tunable, and you could also use it to run a better ignition system, with boost retard being able to be tuned into it easily and if you run straight gas you can run a much more aggressive tune due to the fact that LPG is a higher octane so your engine can develop more boost and more ignition advance before detonation occurs when compared to petrol. If you run dual fuel, the tune will need to be optimised for petrol and then LPG performance will suffer.
Have a look at the profire website, www.profire.com.au they are next to you in perth and have some MONSTER lpg injected cars they have done.
The just did a 1000hp Dodge Challenger with a Turboed big block engine runnning 16 injectors and 3 regulators!!!!!
Theres also a joint called forcefed LPG injection in Perth and he has a Twin Turbo VY UTE Gen III getting close to 600KW.
Plenty of smart LPG guys in Perth mate. look and ask around.
blownba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-08, 09:46   #3
Shaun_VL
Gold Members

Car: Vl SL turbo, RED 91 barina, vlct rb25det
Trader Rating: (11)
Thnx for that didnt even no profire was in perth. Il take it in for them to have a look at
Shaun_VL is offline   Reply With Quote