Tyres Now

Old 10-12-07, 15:26   #51
Blink
Sensible Since 21/05/2009

Car: RB30ET
Trader Rating: (21)
Send a message via MSN to Blink
PM Sent with Waynes sisters number.

Not good to hear man, hope things are ok.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-07, 20:50   #52
Alsynon
performancelpg

Trader Rating: (17)
Send a message via ICQ to Alsynon Send a message via MSN to Alsynon Send a message via Yahoo to Alsynon Send a message via Skype™ to Alsynon
Things are all right mate, life goes on.

Thanks for the number, I'll give her a call later on....oh can you send her name too please, otherwise it's gonna be Hi, I don't know your name but Matt, that famous guy from CT, sent me your number....
Alsynon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-07, 22:00   #53
Blink

lol Sorry man, its Steph from memory.

Ta.
Old 10-12-07, 22:22   #54
Alsynon
performancelpg

Send a message via ICQ to Alsynon Send a message via MSN to Alsynon Send a message via Yahoo to Alsynon Send a message via Skype™ to Alsynon
Thanks Matt, you are a CT legend. I'll give her a call in the next couple of days.
If things go well I'll buy you one of those gay cocktails that you drink.
Old 10-12-07, 22:23   #55
Blink

Appletinis, and they are a straight drink thank you very much.
Old 10-12-07, 22:27   #56
Alsynon
performancelpg

The same can't be said about the person drinking them.....
Old 16-12-07, 20:49   #57
Alsynon
performancelpg

I realised that I had had a brain fart when I mounted the converters. What I did was mount them up in good old Impco NA V8 fashion which does me a fat lot of good when I am running a turbocharged GRA setup. The guts of it is that the springs in the GRA setup are really light and vertical mounting would ensure that the mixtures are all over the shop hence I just spent the best part of a day moving them.

On the bright side, they are now mounted horizontally, the manifold is all bolted up again, buggered if I know how the catch can will ever come out again, and I'm just about ready to do the final few bits before tuning...like fitting the silicone, the last of the wiring (shift light, alcohol injection activation circuit and light and fitting of the other niff-naff). Only a few hours work, but as per usual I am waiting on parts that I always seem to order at the last minute...probably won't see another bit until after Christmas at a guess. It'd be handy if there were any good performance shops in Adelaide that didn't charge an arm and a leg (and that's only the deposit) for parts.

I'll get some pics as soon as I get a camera, lost custody of the last one.

Last edited by Alsynon; 08-05-10 at 03:51. Reason: Got a Camera, got a new server, buy me beer Steve.
Old 02-01-08, 18:23   #58
misk
what 2jz?

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to misk
im loving this build man! should be a nice package
i see your running twin tanks, id toyed with this idea too to get around the power limits of a single valve tank, are you going to run twin gas lines and twin lockoffs?
misk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-08, 21:44   #59
Alsynon
performancelpg

Yeah twin everything, except fillers. I am currently researching a new sort of tank that will get around these flow problems, basically custom built rectangular tanks with as many outlets as you want.
Looking at about 110litres of gas with the tank where the original goes. Will keep people posted on this one. Doesn't look like they are going to be cheap though.
Also these flash new tanks will still turn into ice-blocks when you are giving it a bit though (under on track race conditions of course). Another point to investigate...I think I still have a set of tyre-warmers lying around, now to find a way to make it work, could well be in the too hard basket, but time will tell.
May have to fast track the new tank bit as one of my tanks expires this year.
Old 03-01-08, 00:14   #60
GASRB6
FOR SALE.

Car: Jet Powered Pram and Solar Powered Rock Daily.
Trader Rating: (4)
Nitrous bottle warmers are your friend.

Last edited by GASRB6; 03-01-08 at 00:17.
GASRB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-08, 00:18   #61
Alsynon
performancelpg

A bit small though. Need something that can do 110litres. Figure the tyre warmers will go around the tank and can set them to say 70 deg C, which should be fine as it'd get hotter than that in the boot during the Adelaide summer. As I said, it may be in the too hard basket as they draw a fair bit of power.

Anyway, there's not going to be any real progress until around ANZAC day as I am going to be in Melbourne for the next few months with work. Unless someone wants to lend me a garage, car trailer and dyno.....

Your shout when I'm there too Steve.

Also why would you want a VLT on the road when you have these to play with.

She has beer...get the hint Steve...a man's not a camel.

Last edited by Alsynon; 08-05-10 at 04:24. Reason: To see if anyone is monitoring what I post on forums. Buy me beer Steve.
Old 04-01-08, 10:34   #62
misk
what 2jz?

hey mate
im curious as to where you got the cradle for your second tank?
as im sure this will be the route i take when i fit my second converter.
also how is the filler setup arranged? is it kinda just T pieced at the first tank?
Old 04-01-08, 11:17   #63
Alsynon
performancelpg

Cradle - I didn't do anything illegal and modify a standard one by welding and cutting it.

Fillers - Haven't got that far yet, I do know it is not a simple case of putting in a T though, I have some research on paper at home, but I'm in Melbourne atm. Was contemplating having the 2 fillers under the flap, but that would be annoying.
Old 04-01-08, 13:04   #64
misk
what 2jz?

yeh i wasnt implying that you had done anything illegal and i know that its illegal to mod the cradle but not the actual mounting bracket, so was just curious to see what youd done, but i could the cradle was orig made to sit on a flat surface like that?

sorry for all the questions n **** lol just that your gas setup will be very similar to mine
Old 04-01-08, 16:50   #65
Alsynon
performancelpg

As I said, I didn't do anything illegal and modify a standard one by cutting it and welding new brackets to it....

A good option for the flat floor would be a ute cradle. The one in my daily would be perfect, it would just be a case of putting it inside rather than hanging underneath.
Old 29-01-08, 21:27   #66
Alsynon
performancelpg

Absolutley nothing happening except for the car getting dusty in Adelaide whilst I am in Melbourne waiting for Steve to buy me a beer.
It's bloody lucky that I am patient.
Old 15-02-08, 19:16   #67
Alsynon
performancelpg

C'mon Steve, a man's not a camel....
Old 08-03-08, 00:12   #68
Alsynon
performancelpg

Getting very very thirsty
Old 12-06-08, 22:58   #69
Weezy
Player

Car: 02' Mazda RX7 FD3S Bathurst Type R
Trader Rating: (15)
Update?

ooh.. everyone
Weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-08, 20:34   #70
Alsynon
performancelpg

Just got it in the new garage. Fiddle-****ing around with minor stuff at the moment, like heat shields, interior wiring and generally making stuff fit where I want it and trying to remember where the hell I am up to......also waiting on my gas guy to come over to pre-inspect the setup, that way the gas can be installed in 10 mins when the time comes. She'll still be a ways off as I am pretty flat out with work, hate going into the shed when it's cold and am as poor as 10 poor things atm.
Old 13-09-08, 20:20   #71
Alsynon
performancelpg

Motivation is still at an all time low. I've done nothing but walk past it and occasionally draw a smiley face in the dust on the windscreen. I'll finish it off one day, just wish I hadn't left the fiddly stuff (mostly interior wiring, alarm/immobiliser r & r, cruise control removal, install of shift light etc...) till last as that is basically all that is left apart from the hooking up of the gas lines and a tune. Have chased up a very straight bonnet and a rear window with working demister in the interim though....Bloody thing will need a respray by the time I finally get it on the road. I have rebuilt an old computer to tune it and have constructed a base map that "should" start it, time will tell.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0348-1.JPG
Views:	406
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	20297   Click image for larger version

Name:	Evil Liver.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	20298  
Old 27-09-08, 00:02   #72
SIroller
CAL.415

Trader Rating: (52)
hmm cmon! get cracking its a great story and it will be a hell of a car once finished. you must have a lot of smiley faces on the windscreen by now
Old 30-09-08, 23:06   #73
FORZA
The Regulars

Car: quadriple turbo rajab/bresciani built wheelie bin
Trader Rating: (10)
fcuk i forgot about this thread

cmon man get back into this i really wanna see it finished
FORZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-09, 16:01   #74
Alsynon
performancelpg

I'm still alive, the car still hasn't been seriously worked on since late 2007.
2009 is looking too busy to do anything, but time will tell. Have to get the tanks tested now as well...it's going backwards.

But I did wash it a month or so ago......
Old 25-03-09, 19:13   #75
obsesv
Gold Members

Car: yes
Trader Rating: (5)
do some shit too it lol, you won too much awesome stuff to just leave her sitting there!
obsesv is offline   Reply With Quote