Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Readers Rides > VL Turbos
Tyres Now

Old 14-09-07, 18:16   #1
qldvl5spd
Player

Car: Vlt
Trader Rating: (5)
converted sl 5spd

Hey guys thaught id chuck some pics up of my car its a on going project/daily. Converted turbo running standard turbo gear(injectors-reg-ecu-t03) and a gktech kit. future plans are some brakes asap probably the ebay vt kit. a new turbo a t3 highflow or somthing as this ones on its way out and a edit of the standard ecu and run 10psi. hopefully start fixing up the body soon aswell has no rust but paint is rough. Thanks for looking

IMG]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa249/ian437/DSC03143.jpg[/IMG]

qldvl5spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-07, 13:49   #2
qldvl5spd
Player

new brakes on.

and new turbo.

seems to go alot better now on 6psi then it did on 8-9psi with old turbo and it can acually stop just need to get a 1inch master for the pedal feel.
Old 16-01-08, 19:39   #3
qldvl5spd
Player

Old 16-01-08, 19:43   #4
NZ EVLHSV
Player

Car: Gen-F GTS
Trader Rating: (0)
Nice job, good to see your doing the important things first
NZ EVLHSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-08, 21:02   #5
CTs2 Sabo
DOSE IT

Car: XR6 Turbro
Trader Rating: (10)
Send a message via MSN to CTs2 Sabo
looks good dude should invest in some new leads, they look to be the factory ones
Old 16-01-08, 21:27   #6
qldvl5spd
Player

thanks guys. Yeah them leads did sh*t themselves so i got some ngk leads and plugs made the car run alot better.
Old 23-01-08, 21:53   #7
qldvl5spd
Player

update: Dual stage boost controller fitted. Running 7psi and 10psi no pinging at all. Nice difference. Will have to chuck on dyno to check mixtures to make sure. Hope to be going in for a mandrel 3inch turbo back. upgrade from the 2.5"
Old 24-01-08, 03:29   #8
Weezy
Player

Car: 02' Mazda RX7 FD3S Bathurst Type R
Trader Rating: (15)
Good progress mate.

I used to have a beige/cream VLT except my extrior was farked.

ooh.. everyone
Weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-08, 20:47   #9
qldvl5spd
Player

Hey guys just abit of a update. Been going fairly well in the cooler winter weather up here on 10psi. Been putting off nistune for a while but Had an injector start leaking so Ive gone with nistune and a set of gtr injectors bigger fuel pump to come aswell. Car runs fairly well with the injectors in but needs a tune. Not on as much money as ive just started my electrician apprenticeship not long ago so slow progress for a while.

Cheers

Ian
Old 15-10-08, 17:53   #10
qldvl5spd
Player

bit of an update. 3inch mandrel exhaust turbo back (std dump). Put the battery in boot just for cleaner bay look etc still need to remove battery tray. Just gotta saught out a fuel pump and get it tuned propley. Getting from rear of front gaurds to back of car painted sills to roof and some rust in the boot done in a couple weeks so should all look one colour and respectable.

Old 09-11-08, 18:37   #11
qldvl5spd
Player

Got a mx7 and new exedy sports tuff heavy duty clutch in but pulled back out due to being noisy seems like layshaft bearings. should be ready in a couple days. Picked up a few calais interior bits. including sunglass holder door trims glove box, kick panels, sun visors and rear seat that i may use in it.

Old 01-12-08, 16:45   #12
qldvl5spd
Player

Cleaned up rear trims/seat and put in still have to do fronts. Fitted an 044 also. Just waiting on tuner now..

Ian
Old 01-04-09, 19:11   #13
qldvl5spd
Player

All calais Interior bits in. Front-rear door trims. Sun visors, C pillar? inside trims. rear seat. Gearbox seems good now after new bearings. Got sides painted and rust in boot done. Have 28spline lsd waiting to go in and have a vipec plugin ecu on its way than it will be tuned. Hoping to make around 200rwrkw...

Ian
Old 12-05-09, 21:07   #14
qldvl5spd
Player

Ditched the plug in idea incase i want to sell car can put std harness in it and keep my ecu. Just finished wiring in a Vi-pec v88 my self pretty happy with how it came out full new harness none of old one left in.

Took it for a quick drive, drives alright considering its just got settings to start it. Also got diff in.. its a single spinner soo waiting on lsd center.
Also fixed pin hole in fuel tank and new intank pump while i was their.. (044 nice and quite now)

Hoping for a tune in a week or so. Than save for bigger injectors and 35/40.

Cheers

Ian
Old 13-05-09, 08:06   #15
Weezy
Player

Car: 02' Mazda RX7 FD3S Bathurst Type R
Trader Rating: (15)
Just minispool the 28spline centre man, even the LSD's arn't that fantastic.

ooh.. everyone
Weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-09, 15:52   #16
qldvl5spd
Player

Yeahh not sure after doing all this... If i want to get rid of it for something newer/comfier like a r33.. After borrowing brother in laws for a few weeks.
Old 24-05-09, 18:36   #17
qldvl5spd
Player

Might aswell keep it for now.. Lol. Alright so made up a new intake for it (silicon bend off std metal elbow and some fairly thick walled alloy pipe i polished up). Came out good i thaught.. And tune this week if they can fit me in.

Old 25-05-09, 21:23   #18
qldvl5spd
Player

Went for a tune today. Made 242rwhp or 182rwkw on around 10-11 psi. Not sure why they didnt push for more as they were shut when i picked car up. I would like to crack 200rwkw with this turbo if I can but we will see. Thats with std dump so thinking i might get a 3inch dump and get them to try for a bit more out of it if it will take it. Has a bad dead spot down low so its gotta go back anyway.

Ian
Old 08-06-09, 17:51   #19
qldvl5spd
Player

Picked this up for it today. gt35 .82 internal gate. Not sure if i will high or low mount yet..

Old 28-06-09, 17:36   #20
qldvl5spd
Player

Drove down to townsville drag strip to have a run (6-700km round trip). First time at drags best i could manage from 7 runs was a 14.4@96mph with a 2.39 60ft. Best mph was 99. That was my best 60ft all others were 2.4+.. Couldnt put the power down at all with the 205s lol.. Only dramas i seemd to have was a leaking clutch master..

Ian
Old 08-07-09, 16:29   #21
qldvl5spd
Player

Quick update.. Got it sitting on vyss copies. Something different from the chasers it always been on.. And hopefully have a jdcustom plenum for it also.

Old 12-07-09, 16:06   #22
[FLY-BYE]
always hidden never drive

Car: 87 calais turbo, 500hp r32 gtr daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by qldvl5spd
Hey guys just abit of a update. Been going fairly well in the cooler winter weather up here on 10psi. Been putting off nistune for a while but Had an injector start leaking so Ive gone with nistune and a set of gtr injectors bigger fuel pump to come aswell. Car runs fairly well with the injectors in but needs a tune. Not on as much money as ive just started my electrician apprenticeship not long ago so slow progress for a while.

Cheers

Ian
i thought gtr injectors were o-ring type? how did you get them on hosetail style? just remove oring and put the hose on or what?
[FLY-BYE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 19:49   #23
qldvl5spd
Player

Yeah these are not actually gtrs.. they seem to be the same size cc though..
They are barbed where the hose goes on.

Got my JD Custom plenum for it. Going to buy a high mount ebay manifold make sure its flat if not ill get it faced and chuck the 35/40 on. Than will be building a motor id say..
Old 02-08-09, 12:59   #24
qldvl5spd
Player

Went back to the drags. Had 17's 235's on the back. Bit dissapointed in the time considering.. 14.309@ 98.3mph- 2.17 60ft.. Thaught with that much off the 60ft from last time (2.39) the et would of been abit better. Now just considering wheather to buy a std turbo short motor ($600) and freshen it up before i chuck all the new gear on or run the n/a donk and eventually build a forged motor.. Need to do a compression test on the current one i think.
Old 11-08-09, 21:50   #25
qldvl5spd
Player

Did a compression test. 140 or their abouts across all 6. Just gonna chuck the gear on and build a new motor eventually.. Hopefully make 340-350hp with this one if im lucky.. Got most of the gear now. 35/40, Proboost ebay manifold, JD custom inlet and cooler pipe from plenum to cooler. XF tb, 660cc injectors, Just waiting on lines now and make a dump pipe up..

How does everyone go with Heat from himounts? like bonnet and fuse box damage.. Going to be heatwrapping dump. Is a beanie a worthwhile investment also?