Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunter01 View Post
the standard areos are mint but i love the white 19" versions of the aeros
on a late model car

seen them on a VK and they looked stupid

i think I still prefer the polished ones over the white on your car but would love to see pics of both, with tyres on etc to double check

www.Facebook.com/cpv.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 08:49   #27
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

Car: BF XR8 Ute
Trader Rating: (14)
I've seen them on a NSW GRP33E, which is now in Frankston. It's a blue meanie replica, ls1, t56 and they look great. But this car, i wanna see polished 16 inch aeros (if you can find them)
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 09:10   #28
RB26TTVL
nearly there..

Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
Mate this is awesome, I love a quality V8 VK, and this is as good as I have seen. Tasteful mods, nothing over the top, and mint from every angle! I think you should go with the white on the wheels!
RB26TTVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 16:29   #29
Build2686
Player

Car: HDT VK SL Group A
Thanks for the comments guys. Very keen to get this car back on track to being finished!

The head light protectors are going back on, the ones I've got are alil scratched up, so new ones have been ordered from HDT.

I have to agree with AUS880 in regards to the 19inch Aeros on the old girl, they do look stupid. I actually had 2 sets of 16inch Aeros, one polished and one white. The other set now call my mates Group A home. I now have 4 polished wheels and 1 white for a spare.
Am seriously leaning towards white all round! I think it will set off the body colour perfectly!

Again thanks for the comments guys! It's going to be very exciting couple of months!
Build2686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 10:41   #30
Nukz
When in doubt, mumble.

Car: PSI-30L (413rwhp) (SOLD)
Trader Rating: (16)
My opInion is that on a darker shade of blue like Watson's, the polished aero's look perfect. White aero's just have too much contrast and do not compliment the car. On a lighter shade though, such as formula blue, the white aero's look right at home. KEEP THEM POLISHED I SAY!

"I choose NOT to run!"
Nukz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 11:19   #31
Andy-30L
Official Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Great work mate, good onya for sticking to n/a. In my opinion an n/a with a good lot of power is sooo much better than a turbo with ****loads, Theres no fake power here!

Im building an ls1 n/a for this reason, i think its much more respected if you can say youve got 5-600rwhp n/a than with a turbo, ill be happy if i get anywhere near this figure. great work mate, love the car and the wheels looks sik.
Andy-30L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 11:34   #32
NZ EVLHSV
Player

Car: Gen-F GTS
Trader Rating: (0)
White Aeros look sick, get it done and post the pics!
NZ EVLHSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 11:22   #33
PSI 05L
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (2)
Didn't realize this beast was on this forum too .. Mad, as ive said before mate absolutely love this car.
You have given me the inspiration to continue with my VL.
There's noting quite like a high HP motor that breaths its own air.

Congrats on the baby boy too....

Edit: Did these VK's come with the group A fuel tank fitted?

Last edited by PSI 05L; 09-07-11 at 11:25.
PSI 05L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 21:23   #34
Build2686
Player

Thanks again for the comments guys! Really appreciate it!

Andy-30L - Couldnt agree with you more mate! There's nothing like the sound and feeling of a big HP carby fed Holden V8! Grew up with them and I've always known that's what I always wanted! Having said that, I do have a Garrett GT45R Ball Bearing Turbo (GT4508R) sitting in the garage...maybe something for phase 2 of the old girl!

So I've decided that the Aeros will be painted their original Alpine White! She will look exactly the way I bought her all those years ago, with the addition of the group 3 scoop! Will be taking them to Exclusive Customs some time next week to have them painted! CANNOT WAIT!! Anyone selling some VL Turbo brakes????

PSI 05L - Thanks heaps for the comments mate! Means alot to know that the build has given you the inspiration to keep going on your VL! In regards to the fuel tank! The SL Group As did not come with the long range tanks (90L), however, I don't think the SS Group A came with it either. It was an option with both models and that box was not ticked when my car was ordered!

Again, thanks for the comments guys! Stay tuned cause money tree has finally blossomed and I'm in the mood to spend!!
Old 09-07-11, 21:28   #35
leb vlt
Roll Cage Territory

Car: 10.8 @ 121 mph
Trader Rating: (62)
Send a message via MSN to leb vlt
sweet, did my purchase help ur money tree cause it certanly hurt mine haha

HEKTIK FENCING, hit us up for a free quote 0403307549
leb vlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 21:43   #36
Build2686
Player

Mo my car will be completely re-wired and the majority of the fuel system done thanks to your contribution! For that I thank you my friend!

Have they arrived yet? Look forward to seeing them on the car man! Will look absolutely awesome when done how you described!
Old 09-07-11, 22:00   #37
leb vlt
Roll Cage Territory

im glad i could help in anyway mike, very much appreciate the effort u did to make things happen on ur end!

na not yet but hopefully early next week so i can get them painted and on the car, so hanging to see them, hope it dont ruin it

Old 22-09-11, 13:23   #38
Build2686
Player

Well I havn't posted in a while! Little man has graced us with his presence and its been an absolute rollercoaster since! Best thing thats ever happened to me!!

I have had some luck with the sale of the Simmons and Wilwoods funding some things for the Brocky, and to add to my prolonging the completion of the Brock, also picked up a brand new CX-7 for the mrs!! Some things just need to be done!

So some parts for the Brock. Aero's have all been painted (all 5 of them) and fitted with Toyo R1Rs. Only pic I've got so far....

Brakes have been fitted up. VL Turbo fronts and standard VK rear, slotted rotors all round.

Been dealing with Adam from AGI Precision Product who is looking after my radiator, custom bake resivour and modifying my breather tank. Adam will also be doing my fuel tank. The quality of Adam's work is second to non!!

Attached are some progress pics of the radiator. The core was ordered from Europe and is the same item used in alot of European performance cars, the actual radiator has been shortened by an inch and a half so it doesn't hang over the radiator support, and will mount in the exact same places as the standard unit. Fan is a 16ich Davies Craig "Heavy Duty", its a completely new design which was developed with large HP V8’s in mind.

All that needs to be done now is the overflow bottle, which will be mounted on a bracket on the radiator itself. Will be one complete unit.

Will update as things progress...slowly but surely....
Old 22-09-11, 13:35   #39
NZ EVLHSV
Player

Car: Gen-F GTS
Trader Rating: (0)
This is slowly becoming one of my favourite cars. Keep the updates rolling
NZ EVLHSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-11, 14:24   #40
Build2686
Player

Thanks for the comment mate...much appreciated.

Bit of an update:

Radiator has been completed! Looks awesome! Overflow bottle was finished up and features a tube down to the bottom of the bottle that allows the fluid to be drawn back into the radiator when needed...picking this up this week!

Some pics:

Adam is in the process of knocking up the master cylinder resevoir tanks and also modifying my oil catchment can/breather bottle.

Car will go to AGI to have the custom fuel tank made up and fitted. Will look absolutely awesome when done and completely hidden once the boot is boxed up!

Updates to come through soon!
Old 26-09-11, 14:43   #41
Duke57TT
Missile Performance

Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via MSN to Duke57TT
Got your email mate, sent you a reply

Car is looking tough as. I can't wait to see it finished.
Old 26-09-11, 14:59   #42
Build2686
Player

Hey Luke,

Thanks for the reply mate! If only everyone in this industry was as easy to work with!!!!
Will have some photos for you soon of the catch can/breather set up! Just getting the can modified to clear the bonnet! The braid and fittings are ridiculously awesome though!!!
Old 26-09-11, 17:59   #43
leb vlt
Roll Cage Territory

That's Awesome :-)

Old 18-10-11, 12:36   #44
Build2686
Player

Bit of an update.

Catch can modification was has been completed. Adam at AGI (www.agi-precision.com.au) sorted it all out for me. The upper outlet for the filter and oil breather baffles were removed from the top of the original setup. A CNC machined threaded outlet and cap were added to the top while a new outlet was fabricated and fitted with the original baffle system to the side of the tank.

Its turned out absolutely awesome!

My cousin and I spent pretty much all of saturday getting the brakes system finished up and in the car...rear's caused abit of a headache as the rotor's needed abit of a 'massage' to clear the diff bolts.

Radiator has been mounted, catch-can has been mounted, fuel log has been mounted, booster has been mounted. Pretty much everything that I could put into the car myself was put it.

UNFORTUNATELY! I left my camera at home! So i've got a few shots from my phone...but that's about it for now!

Here's some pics....I must say...LOVE THE WHITE AERO'S!!!!!

I'll be pulling her out of the garage this weekend and giving her a good wash! Pics will follow!

Next up is getting the brake lines run, undecided on whether I'll be running braided brake line or not? We shall see! From there she's off to AGI to get the fuel tank finalised!

Will keep you all posted!
Old 24-11-11, 10:23   #45
Build2686
Player

She's on the move again...off to AGI (www.agi-precision.com.au) to get the fuel system and a few other odds and ends sorted!

Couple of pics of her on the trailer.

Adam was even kind enough to wash her for me!

Will keep you all posted as things progress....
Old 25-11-11, 16:13   #46
leb vlt
Roll Cage Territory

Looks great, rear bar still being modified for twin outlet pipes? Or waiting for tank to be done 1st?

Old 25-11-11, 19:21   #47
Duke57TT
Missile Performance

Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via MSN to Duke57TT
Looking good.
Old 02-12-11, 21:11   #48
Build2686
Player

Thanks for the reply boys.

Mo - The rear bar is still with the panel beaters. The rear bar will not be modified for the dual exhaust, I'm going to cut the exhaust tips completely and then weld on a dummy pipe on the left hand exhaust tip. I think this will complete the standard look I'm going for with this car! From the outside and inside it will look like it did when it left HDT all those years ago!

And now for a solid update below...

Over the last 3 days the Brock has been at AGI (www.agi-precision.com.au) getting its fuel tank sorted. Adam is an absolute master! In a space of 3 days he has completely designed and built the tank, including the ordering of parts etc.

Here are some pics of the progress so far...

Initial mock-up

Adam worked though a number of template configurations to maximise capacity within the constraints given. The above tank will hold approx 71L of fuel and still allow me to pull the spare wheel out if ever needed.

You will notice the tabs on the side of the tank above, this indicates the size of the drop down sump that will sit under/middle of the tank.

Fabrication

Inside pics of the tank below. You'll notice the baffles inside the tank which will also hold in place the foam blocks. Between the baffles there is a centre section that allows the fuel level sender to to function without being affected by the baffles.

Inspection plate hole has been cut, we are waiting on a thicker aluminium plate for that piece. The inspection hole will also incorporate the breather tube, return line and fuel level sender.

Pics of the sump under the tank and also the fitting for the fuel line.

And how it sits in the boot of the old girl.

Adam is finishing off the inspection plate next week and also plumbing the entire system. He will also complete the filler pipe. I'll be able to use the original filler point of the car and not have to open up the boot.

Adam, he is an absolute master at what he does! Highly recommend him!
Old 16-12-11, 07:30   #49
Build2686
Player

Hey guys,

Thanks for the comments again.

Bit of an update from AGI. Unfortunately Adam has his hands full with alot of other projects, so he gets to my tank when he can. Not really fussed though, gives my bank account time to replenish!

All the parts Adam ordered arrived: aluminium plate, black fittings, gasket material etc, so he spent the majority of the yesturday finishing off my tank.

So here's what Adam knocked up:

- Fabricated lower ‘nut’ plate. This sits underneath the inspection hole and is threaded so that we can secure the top hatch / inspection plate.
- Handmade fuel resistant gasket to seal hatch.

- Fabricated top hatch / inspection plate
- Fitted fuel level sender to hatch plate
- Welded return line inlet fitting and fitted breather valve.

We've ordered som 2 inch aluminium elbows and pipe, this should be there today, so that we can look to connect the filler point to the tank.

While this is happening I've sent my regulator to get anodized black as I'm not a big fan of the blue and purple magnafuel colours.

Will keep you all posted.
Old 17-12-11, 07:22   #50
SIKVLT
why are you reading this?

Send a message via MSN to SIKVLT
So much awesome going on there great work guys
SIKVLT is offline   Reply With Quote