CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
LSX Garage - Performance has a new home...

Reply

 

Thread Tools
Old 16-06-10, 00:15   #76
agressive
Player
 
agressive's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21-09-09
Location: VIC, Somewhere
Car: VL Calais
Trader Rating: (6)
I totally agree mate, and i will be putting my turbo motor in asap, if i get pulled over ill show them the paper that says that above.

Had spoken to two police women when they had pulled me up and they said to me well if it says it go for it just a long as you keep the papers with you that say it so you can show police.

Although the othe rnight was going to get 3 demerit points plus a $300 fine for extractors LMFAO, low as it can go i must say.
agressive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-10, 01:46   #77
OZY
Player
 
Join Date: 25-01-10
Location: Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
Car:
Trader Rating: (2)
does a standard calais turbo fall into these provisions.......
or what car does....?
OZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-10, 20:21   #78
agressive
Player
 
agressive's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21-09-09
Location: VIC, Somewhere
Car: VL Calais
Trader Rating: (6)
Yes a standard VLT falls under this category and falls under the power to weight ratio.

If a police officer pulls me up ill just show them the above statement and tell them thats what it says on vic roads, and i will also give them proof that my car falls under that ratio as i will give them the power to weight calculations which is of REDBOOK.COM.

Not being ****y about it but thats what it says and iam going by it so i dont see the big deal.
agressive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-10, 21:12   #79
Borci88
Always Planning.
 
Borci88's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18-05-09
Location: Melbourne, -
Car: VL SL
Trader Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by agressive View Post
Yes a standard VLT falls under this category and falls under the power to weight ratio.

If a police officer pulls me up ill just show them the above statement and tell them thats what it says on vic roads, and i will also give them proof that my car falls under that ratio as i will give them the power to weight calculations which is of REDBOOK.COM.

Not being ****y about it but thats what it says and iam going by it so i dont see the big deal.
Agreed with you matey, always stood behind the stance that you cant make a rule and then adapt it as you see fit without it being in writing. Will be doing the same thing as you very shortly. More support we get the better.
.
Borci88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-10, 21:28   #80
VL-EXEC
Official Member
 
VL-EXEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-03-08
Location: VIC, W.S
Car: VL Berlina
Trader Rating: (6)
you need an exemption to meet the above criteria which will not be given to a VL Turbo, most police offices know this, trust me ive done the research...

Theres more info on the subject then just the above...
VL-EXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-10, 23:07   #81
agressive
Player
 
agressive's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21-09-09
Location: VIC, Somewhere
Car: VL Calais
Trader Rating: (6)
Well if they say they will give me a fine ill tell them its unfair as it is in writing on the Vic Roads website. I will fite for it.
agressive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-10, 21:51   #82
VL-EXEC
Official Member
 
VL-EXEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-03-08
Location: VIC, W.S
Car: VL Berlina
Trader Rating: (6)
Just a quick question, with the new p plate laws, your on your red Ps for 1 year, then you go onto green, are you on your greens for 2 years or 3? And when do you get off your Ps if you got your licence at 18 at 21 or 22?

---------- Post added 28-10-10 at 21:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL-EXEC View Post
Just a quick question, with the new p plate laws, your on your red Ps for 1 year, then you go onto green, are you on your greens for 2 years or 3? And when do you get off your Ps if you got your licence at 18 at 21 or 22?

anyone know?
__________________
WTB: R32 GTR or VN BT1 1D008
VL-EXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-10, 16:19   #83
mkd
Player
 
Join Date: 16-06-10
Location: Melbourne, south eastern suburbs
Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
i have a question, whilst on your learners, the rule states you must carry a fully licensed passenger with you at all times. what i want to know is can they sit in the back and have a non licensed passenger at the front? because it doesn't say you must carry a fully licensed passenger in the "passenger seat" it just states they have to be with you at all times
mkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-10, 17:16   #84
aus880
Gold Members
 
Join Date: 19-06-02
Location: International, Worldwide
Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkd View Post
i have a question, whilst on your learners, the rule states you must carry a fully licensed passenger with you at all times. what i want to know is can they sit in the back and have a non licensed passenger at the front? because it doesn't say you must carry a fully licensed passenger in the "passenger seat" it just states they have to be with you at all times
they are supervising you, of course they have to be in the front

and they must be under the legal BAC as if they are driving
__________________
Classic Pursuit Vehicle Register

www.Facebook.com/cpvr.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-10, 20:58   #85
VL-EXEC
Official Member
 
VL-EXEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-03-08
Location: VIC, W.S
Car: VL Berlina
Trader Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VL-EXEC View Post
Just a quick question, with the new p plate laws, your on your red Ps for 1 year, then you go onto green, are you on your greens for 2 years or 3? And when do you get off your Ps if you got your licence at 18 at 21 or 22?

---------- Post added 28-10-10 at 21:25 ----------




anyone know?


No one can answer this??
__________________
WTB: R32 GTR or VN BT1 1D008
VL-EXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 19:15   #86
marcg
Gold Members
 
marcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: 17-01-10
Location: VIC, Melbourne
Car: VL SL, R32
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VL-EXEC View Post
Just a quick question, with the new p plate laws, your on your red Ps for 1 year, then you go onto green, are you on your greens for 2 years or 3? And when do you get off your Ps if you got your licence at 18 at 21 or 22?

---------- Post added 28-10-10 at 21:25 ----------




anyone know?

Regardless of the age you are when you get your P's, you still have to spend a minimum 4 years on them. 1 year on reds, 3 years on greens.

Last edited by marcg; 10-11-10 at 19:16. Reason: typo
marcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 02:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger