Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > walkinshaw.net > Technical
GRUNT Performance

Old 27-01-07, 04:24   #26
HDT-VLCLE
The irregular one

Trader Rating: (34)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17YR_VL_B
ha ha ha ha ha ILLUSIV did you read the questions down the bottom of that page some noob asked the guy if it was 320 thou kms lol ha ha ha ha i bet he felt like a real **** after being straightened out lol.

im thinking of putting a group a body kit on my berlina but i think im more inclined in the way of converting it to a calais turbo?
cheers fella's
Paul
What word of this has anything to do with the VL Grp A Brocky polarizer!?!!?

The polarizer was sorta on track, but the one's on VL's did nothing. They were ment to realign the electro magnetic charge of the car to one direction (or closer too) giving it better handling / fuel econmey etc. But If you had one the booklet that came with also claimed that you should only have 24psi in your tyres or something stupid like that - now wouldn't that feel harder to steer with!? not to mention WORSE fuel econmey
[/RANT]
Old 27-01-07, 23:13   #27
Corsa
Player

Car: GMH/HDT/HSV Turbo's
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via ICQ to Corsa Send a message via MSN to Corsa
The 22psi tyre pressures had nothing to do with the Polarizer and was applicable to quite a few non Polarized cars that Brock built. The pressure was recomended by Bridgestone for use on vehicles with a certain suspension setup. One of my other VL's actually has 26psi on it's tyre placard which would also be considered a very low pressure by todays standards.
Corsa
Old 16-02-07, 14:58   #28
shaik
Player

Car: #553
Trader Rating: (0)
...i have done extensive research on the polariser, and the primary function of the unit was to give the driver of the vehicle an inherent ability to pull hot bitches at any rev range...

whether at idle at the drive in cinemas, or at revs, whilst lacing some strips out the front of Maccas, it just seemed to draw a mole to a pole... hense, the 'Polariser.'

This is also why the Grp A was so popular amongst the ethnic community.
We cant pull a root by conventional means.. so Brock saw the market and capitalised on it.
Old 16-02-07, 18:25   #29
vlgra
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaik
...i have done extensive research on the polariser, and the primary function of the unit was to give the driver of the vehicle an inherent ability to pull hot bitches at any rev range...

whether at idle at the drive in cinemas, or at revs, whilst lacing some strips out the front of Maccas, it just seemed to draw a mole to a pole... hense, the 'Polariser.'

This is also why the Grp A was so popular amongst the ethnic community.
We cant pull a root by conventional means.. so Brock saw the market and capitalised on it.

I think you might be right there. Hence why the ulehs loved it!