Calais Turbo Advertising

Old 10-02-07, 18:18   #1
sen57r
Gold Members

Car: no:455
Trader Rating: (5)
Lower Front Lip

hello
my car has never had the front lower lip fitted to it and i have finally decided to fit it as i dont drive the car much, does any one know where i can get the "well nuts" and bolts??????, i tried holden but they cant get them any more....regards dave
Old 10-02-07, 21:42   #2
Walkie
Player

Trader Rating: (0)
Holden still sell them, they are the same as the well nuts used somewhere on the VS airconditioner. I bought mine at Camden Holden, even though you are from the coast it may be worth giving them a call and getting the part number.

The funny thing is when I bought some a few years ago the well nuts for a walky were about $5 each, but for the VS A/C there were about 90c, even though they both had the same part number!

It might even be worth just bolting it up with some washers if you don't intend on taking off any time soon. When using the well nuts it leaves a samll gap between the bumber and lip, which can be the difference between "scrape" and "crunch".
Old 11-02-07, 06:56   #3
sen57r
Gold Members

thanks for that info walkie
i will go back and get them to recheck
Old 11-02-07, 07:58   #4
vlgra
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkie
Holden still sell them, they are the same as the well nuts used somewhere on the VS airconditioner. I bought mine at Camden Holden, even though you are from the coast it may be worth giving them a call and getting the part number.

The funny thing is when I bought some a few years ago the well nuts for a walky were about $5 each, but for the VS A/C there were about 90c, even though they both had the same part number!

It might even be worth just bolting it up with some washers if you don't intend on taking off any time soon. When using the well nuts it leaves a samll gap between the bumber and lip, which can be the difference between "scrape" and "crunch".

Good info well done.
Old 14-02-07, 06:33   #5
WildWalky
Player

Car:
Gotta part number??

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlgra
Good info well done.
Anyone got a part number?

I was at my holden dealer last week, even hit up rare spares after trying Holden.

Was told unavailable. Dunno whether they will let me onto their computer to check out the VS a/c setup.

Thanks! Good job guys.
Old 14-02-07, 10:02   #6
oma72
"i just got two"

Car: Walky 193,Gtsr 22,GTR XU1 replica,Yamaha R1 01
I had a look on the top of a wellnut and its got "WELLNUT D-1420" on it.Also the bolts are either 6mm or 1/4",can't remember but take a wellnut to a hardware store and try each one.Hope that helps you.
Old 14-02-07, 16:40   #7
WildWalky
Player

Car:
No soup for you!

Mine are marked J-1420. Went back to my Holden dealer today but was unable to find it on the VS commodore.

Does anyone have a Holden part number (eg off a receipt for purchase)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oma72
I had a look on the top of a wellnut and its got "WELLNUT D-1420" on it.Also the bolts are either 6mm or 1/4",can't remember but take a wellnut to a hardware store and try each one.Hope that helps you.
Old 14-02-07, 16:53   #8
sen57r
Gold Members

i went back to holden with walkies info and persuaded them to have a better look,
they are used in vs/t/x/y/z to mount the condensor, they even had them in stock!!
part no: VS21278 list price $4.61 ea
they take a 1/4" threaded bolt
Old 22-02-07, 15:24   #9
WildWalky
Player

Car:
Champion! Thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen57r
i went back to holden with walkies info and persuaded them to have a better look,
they are used in vs/t/x/y/z to mount the condensor, they even had them in stock!!
part no: VS21278 list price $4.61 ea
they take a 1/4" threaded bolt