Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > calaisturbo.com.au > Other Car Discussion
Tyres Now

Old 08-03-12, 11:32   #1
RB30DEVL
Player

Car: VY SS Commodore
Trader Rating: (0)
VY SS Commodore / Job woes

Well , I've commented on here before about employers snooping around on the weekends and watching what I do , I was unemployed for 18 months (2010 - 2011) and I am now (I've been stood down from Westrac pending an issue , yeah I was going through Labour hire) , well, Joblink plus in Raymond Terrace got me a job up at Tea Gardens which is like 1 hour north of Newcastle , SUM1 doesn't realize that a VY SS Commodore isn't a 4 x 4 , I had trouble getting this through their thick skulls.

The road going into the workplace was a total "goat track" , this is what damage it did to my car :-

- Cracked exhaust from the cats back (got a new exhaust system & cats fitted after the job after that , which I also got fired from)

-Damaged fuel sender unit/worn fuel pump (fuel ran low on a lot of occasions due to being on a low income, replace fuel sender unit)

- Blocked fuel injectors (replaced the whole set)

- Stuffed fuel filter (wasn't filtering the fuel, replace fuel filter)

- At Pindimar (near Tea gardens) the Great lakes shire council decided to gouge a huge section of road out without blocking it off (they usually get people to use the other lane), drove into that, had a tyre blowout & the R/H strut is now leaking gas, the battery also got knocked out of its holder.

- So , on the job after that one (better money) , I got a new set of tyres fitted

- Fouled up o2 sensors (replace o2 sensors)

- Loose intake manifold bolts, air leak (replace all bolts & gaskets)

- Faulty spark plugs (replace)

-Faulty leads (replace)

- Air leak at purge control solenoid (quick connect fitting wore out due to vibration, replace with fuel hose)

- Battery was on its way out anyway (replace)

Changed the coolant in the system,changed all the hoses , all these other things decide to fail afterwards :-

Water pump begins to leak from the impeller seal (replace water pump)

That pump fails (replace with different brand of pump, still o.k.)

Heater valve fails (replace heater valve)

Radiator fails (replace)

Air conditioning condenser pipe cracks (second one replaced, fit foam underneath the condenser because the plastic clips which hold it wore out up there)

Things to still be replaced on it :-

Front struts & springs & strut mounts, I did say the right hand one was leaking gas.

Rear springs & shock absorbers

I will replace both caster bushes , lower control arm bushes and lower ball joints whilst everything is apart, saves doing that later.

Sway bar bushes

I also went back to a paper air filter from K & N filter because I don't think that that one filters out moisture, had MAF troubles in wet weather, maybe a MAFless tune would fix that but the paper filter is cheaper in the interim.

Gotta check the rear axles , I thought I heard CV noise yesterday.

The car has done a bit over 260,000 kms on it & the engine is still good ( change the oil & filter every 5000 kms),my dad reckons my car isn't the reason I can't keep a job, but I keep on trying the explain all the abovementioned to a lot of people & they still don't get all of that, a lot of this probably wouldn't have had to be done so soon if the car didn't go through all of that ,yeah I've been trying to tell those employers this for years & they still can't get THAT through their thick skulls !!!.

Yeah , it's not like I can go out and spend $55,000 on a brand new VE SS Commodore, what do they expect from me & want me to do ????
RB30DEVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 12:12   #2
REALIST
Polarized

Car: SS Group 3
Trader Rating: (1)
awesome story
Old 08-03-12, 12:42   #3
deanoVLCT
MODERATERRRRR

Car: Car: Hq gts coupe - Vl Sl turbo bt1 - Vl nitron - Vl v8 1k001 berlina - Fg xr6 ute - LJ coupe - LX slr 5000 rep
Trader Rating: (24)
Wtf is this thread? Don't buy a car with 260 thou clicks, go buy a ****ter and use that till you get a half decent job or a job at least! Damm gave me a headache!
deanoVLCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 12:48   #4
slammedvz
Player

Car: vs calais, ve ssv
Trader Rating: (5)
so you think all this happened to your car coz of your job??? get a grip cowboy.
Old 08-03-12, 14:28   #5
IEVLVX
Player

Car: top secret
Lol, what the fcuk is this thread about?
IEVLVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 14:31   #6
zaksvl
VL FANATIC

Car: R51 Pathfinder
Trader Rating: (12)
The bloke just needs to vent
Old 08-03-12, 15:27   #7
THC
Player

Car: 04 cv8 monaro 300rwk. Vl calais turbo project. White Vl sl turbo.
Trader Rating: (9)
its got 260,000 kms, my vl's done less lol , sh!t needs replacing on cars all the time ,as the saying go's if its got wheels or t!ts its gunna cost you money.
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 17:37   #8
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
Quote:
this is what damage it did to my car
i'm still looking for the list

Quote:
yeah I've been trying to tell those employers this for years & they still can't get THAT through their thick skulls !!!.
what are you trying to tell them? all your car woes which are nothing to do with them

nobody makes you own a VY SS with high kms, maybe time to rethink priorities and choice of car

www.Facebook.com/cpv.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 17:42   #9
gngzta
BANNED

Car: ...
Trader Rating: (0)
lol is this bloke on crack?
gngzta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 20:30   #10
VKSSGA
Player

Car: VH SL/E 333 Stroker / Merc. Vito / VY SS
Trader Rating: (7)
So all of your problem that you have had with your car, you are blaming on the labour hire place? They are doing there job by placing you in a vacant position, It is not up to them to sus out what kind car you are driving and then find a placement to suit your cars needs.It seems to me that you need to find a car to suit your jobs needs.

dud thread! 2 thumbs down...
VKSSGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 21:07   #11
XEC747
328 PSI biteforce

Car: VL, VR, VE
Trader Rating: (9)
I'm in the same boat dude.

I asked my employer to move their premise closer to my house as my thirsty worked V8 drinks too much fuel and I'm sick of wasting money on tolls.

I'm still waiting for an answer but I think it'll be along the lines of "get fucked and get a new job if you don't like it"

Disclaimer: please note all of the above is sarcasm except the part about fuel and tolls.
Old 08-03-12, 23:04   #12
SIroller
CAL.415

Trader Rating: (52)
get a bus and leave the vy ss at home.

but seriously get a better attitude if you want to hold down a job your dad is right.
Old 08-03-12, 23:52   #13
Steff
Major League Rottweiler

Car: FPV SUPERCHARGED GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB30DEVL View Post
Well , I've commented on here before about employers snooping around on the weekends and watching what I do
Lol yeah, because your employers just love spending their weekends snooping around and watching you. Lay off the crystal meth and your paranoia may ease off.

Quote:
my dad reckons my car isn't the reason I can't keep a job
Daddy is right.

Quote:
I was unemployed for 18 months (2010 - 2011) and I am now. - engine is still good ( change the oil & filter every 5000 kms)
Good too see your still ontop of your services ;-) centrelinks a wonderful place!
You wouldnt happen to be a close relation to iliveover by any chance would you?
Old 09-03-12, 00:19   #14
xAsh-
Official Member

Car: SL Turbo, Calais Daily
Trader Rating: (4)
I cant remember the tea gardens roads being anywhere near what youve described?? Maybe move out of ramo asap lol

Sleeper build thread - http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=235527
xAsh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 07:37   #15
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Quote:
Well , I've commented on here before about employers snooping around on the weekends and watching what I do , I was unemployed for 18 months (2010 - 2011) and I am now (I've been stood down from Westrac pending an issue , yeah I was going through Labour hire) , well, Joblink plus in Raymond Terrace got me a job up at Tea Gardens which is like 1 hour north of Newcastle , SUM1 doesn't realize that a VY SS Commodore isn't a 4 x 4 , I had trouble getting this through their thick skulls.

The road going into the workplace was a total "goat track" , this is what damage it did to my car :-

- Cracked exhaust from the cats back (got a new exhaust system & cats fitted after the job after that , which I also got fired from)

-Damaged fuel sender unit/worn fuel pump (fuel ran low on a lot of occasions due to being on a low income, replace fuel sender unit) So it's their fault you didnt fuel your car up?

- Blocked fuel injectors (replaced the whole set) How can you blame blocked injectors on them?

- Stuffed fuel filter (wasn't filtering the fuel, replace fuel filter) The roads fault again, right?

- At Pindimar (near Tea gardens) the Great lakes shire council decided to gouge a huge section of road out without blocking it off (they usually get people to use the other lane), drove into that, had a tyre blowout & the R/H strut is now leaking gas, the battery also got knocked out of its holder.

- So , on the job after that one (better money) , I got a new set of tyres fitted

- Fouled up o2 sensors (replace o2 sensors) Damn employer!

- Loose intake manifold bolts, air leak (replace all bolts & gaskets) They probably undid them on the weekend when they were spying on you.

- Faulty spark plugs (replace) Your employer must have phoned Bosch and asked them to send you faulty spark plugs and leads.

-Faulty leads (replace)

- Air leak at purge control solenoid (quick connect fitting wore out due to vibration, replace with fuel hose) Basic wear and tare

- Battery was on its way out anyway (replace) Batteries wear out.

Changed the coolant in the system,changed all the hoses , all these other things decide to fail afterwards :-

Water pump begins to leak from the impeller seal (replace water pump)

That pump fails (replace with different brand of pump, still o.k.)

Heater valve fails (replace heater valve)

Radiator fails (replace)

Air conditioning condenser pipe cracks (second one replaced, fit foam underneath the condenser because the plastic clips which hold it wore out up there)

Things to still be replaced on it :-

Front struts & springs & strut mounts, I did say the right hand one was leaking gas.

Rear springs & shock absorbers

I will replace both caster bushes , lower control arm bushes and lower ball joints whilst everything is apart, saves doing that later.

Sway bar bushes

I also went back to a paper air filter from K & N filter because I don't think that that one filters out moisture, had MAF troubles in wet weather, maybe a MAFless tune would fix that but the paper filter is cheaper in the interim.

Gotta check the rear axles , I thought I heard CV noise yesterday.

The car has done a bit over 260,000 kms on it & the engine is still good ( change the oil & filter every 5000 kms),my dad reckons my car isn't the reason I can't keep a job, but I keep on trying the explain all the abovementioned to a lot of people & they still don't get all of that, a lot of this probably wouldn't have had to be done so soon if the car didn't go through all of that ,yeah I've been trying to tell those employers this for years & they still can't get THAT through their thick skulls !!!.

Yeah , it's not like I can go out and spend $55,000 on a brand new VE SS Commodore, what do they expect from me & want me to do ????
I cant actually be bothered going through the rest. You need to maintain your car and stop blaming others that you own a piece of ****.

I wonder why you can't keep a job.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 09:23   #16
LUXJET
yehboi

Car: PANNIC
Trader Rating: (5)
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=212627

mate, you are fucking twisted..
Old 09-03-12, 09:44   #17
deanoVLCT
MODERATERRRRR

Car: Car: Hq gts coupe - Vl Sl turbo bt1 - Vl nitron - Vl v8 1k001 berlina - Fg xr6 ute - LJ coupe - LX slr 5000 rep
Trader Rating: (24)
Hahaha fu**k me
deanoVLCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 10:16   #18
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

Car: BF XR8 Ute
Trader Rating: (14)
This is the best thread on CT.

Please dont delete it. Ever. Even if there's a fire.

---------- Post added 09-03-12 at 11:18 ----------

Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 10:43   #19
crowieee
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (2)
AND this guy can't do math!

Thanks to luxjet showing this guys other post about his boss, on the 10th of the 2010

Could've only been a maximum 14 months

Just wanted to point that out haha
crowieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 19:01   #20
[T]Matty
RIP VLT

Car: 2012 ExtraCab Hilux 4X4, RB30DET 180SX
Trader Rating: (19)
i like how he keeps getting fired, cant see why eh.
Old 10-03-12, 19:09   #21
E-Z
token giraffe guy

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via MSN to E-Z
roger? when did you sell your cordia?
E-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-12, 00:06   #22
joe blo
Player

Car: Lowered Lawnmower
Trader Rating: (3)
sell or swap the vy for something else ya homo
joe blo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-12, 00:53   #23
Gilly
Player

Car: EA Turbo, VY HSV Clubsport Supercharged
Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to Gilly
Cool story bro, changed my life
Old 12-03-12, 03:32   #24
FAQFPV
SCREAMER

Car: Daily wh gen3 - Grandpa's vn [CVN-747]
Trader Rating: (14)
That's so unfair that your work made you travel down a road like that pm me you bank details I'll send $1000 your way.

lsd's are for towing caravans
FAQFPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-12, 08:14   #25
vltrb-0
The Regulars

Car: ke57, a ke70 with an ls1 and a turbo
Trader Rating: (26)

my mind is full of fuck
vltrb-0 is offline   Reply With Quote