CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Readers Rides > VL Turbos
GRUNT Performance

Old 28-10-08, 15:35   #26
SIroller
CAL.415

Trader Rating: (52)
18" vy ss rims for trade looking for something to suit this car. see my signature for the f.s. thread link.

haven't made much progress on this car since the last update it's all exam revision and i haven't had time to get anywhere near the car. sv seats are now paid for awaiting pickup. - Mitch
Old 28-10-08, 18:34   #27
bLuj3t
249rwkw @ 15psi

Car: 88 VL CALAIS TURBO SII, 2010 TOYOTA COROLLA (DAILY)
Trader Rating: (16)
Looking good mitch, keep up the good work.
bLuj3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-08, 11:20   #28
Katsa
Gold Members

Car: [EX.RTA] Kimberly bronze BT1
Trader Rating: (7)
get the head rests shortened mitch, great buy btw, wagon reg. yet?
Old 11-11-08, 20:29   #29
SIroller
CAL.415

nah buddy, haven't made any progress. finished exams a week ago wednesday and haven't had any chance to head back to shepparton. i might wait til i am in the new house and go from there. since i have a new daily to focus on.
Old 20-11-08, 09:33   #30
SIroller
CAL.415

thanks to blujet i got the final supplies (for the moment) tranny fluid, diff seal and a few other small things to hook up an oogah horn on the cal.
Old 20-11-08, 18:34   #31
SIKVLT
why are you reading this?

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to SIKVLT
Mint wagon you have there. My SL Turbo wagon also had a/c and power steering so not sure either on whats the go there lol
SIKVLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 17:48   #32
SIroller
CAL.415

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKVLT
Mint wagon you have there. My SL Turbo wagon also had a/c and power steering so not sure either on whats the go there lol
ooh strange. yeah execs were the sl base with power steer and aircon so any sl with these options fitted from the actual factory (and mine shows they were fitted on the production line) is certainly strange. however i suppose by 1987 they had decided that power steer and air con should almost be a stock item so started introducing them in response to consumer demand.

anyway the wagon is nearly on the road hopefully it will be ready for it's inspection which will be friday just before 11.
Old 27-11-08, 04:07   #33
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIroller
the car doesn't have fe2 which seems strange but being an sl it would appear that wasn't a factory item. it does however have power steer and aircon which would theoretically make it an executive. these are factory fitted as per the build sheet and not dealer fitted however so the car is certainly an oddity
does the build sheet show FE2?

in my experience for some reason GMH often didn't put FE2 on the comp plate until late SII cars
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-08, 18:12   #34
SIroller
CAL.415

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus880
does the build sheet show FE2?

in my experience for some reason GMH often didn't put FE2 on the comp plate until late SII cars
really? i will check but i don't think so.
the car is definately not on fe2 suspension and its not plated. given the cars condition i also wouldn't believe that the suspension had been replaced at any time however the rear shocks have definately been changed, which suprised me. they are monroe gts.

the car is registered as discussed in the members section and i haven't had any issuees since. i even got epa'd it was a nice feeling when the policeman let me off saying that there was nothing on the car he could touch! i am proud to say it made it's first appearance at shepparton springnats number 16 and will make it's second appearance next weekend at the numurkah show us ya wheels. should be schmick. monday it will make the trip down to it's new home in melbourne so might be out on the streets before too long for a friday night kebab run.
Old 01-01-09, 12:54   #35
SIroller
CAL.415

hey fellas i have just been enjoying the car so far. its been out for numurkah show us ya wheels with the etstreet banner, and down to rosebud for nye last night. still no worries but dad's walkies i fitted are screwed. the tyres need replacing and balancing they are old worn and the rubber has gone hard. the shake was terrible.

i also NEED a smaller momo steering wheel and an exhaust. i can hear the exhaust holding the car back and the steering wheel fails hard. (stock) otherwise the car is still great, mainly i have been keeping it clean while working on my other cars.
Old 01-01-09, 15:03   #36
Weezy
Player

Car: 02' Mazda RX7 FD3S Bathurst Type R
Trader Rating: (15)
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=154692

This guy is selling a Momo wheel + Bosskit so have a look. Only wants $150.

ooh.. everyone
Weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-09, 16:17   #37
SIroller
CAL.415

thanks weezy i had a look and while the booskit is what i am after, the steering wheel isn't. i would really love a hdt vl group a ss with the red and blue slash through it might have to settle for something else in the meantime.
Old 01-01-09, 16:22   #38
Weezy
Player

No worries then Mitch, goodluck finding a group a wheel. They fetch a pretty high price tag.

ooh.. everyone
Old 01-01-09, 18:48   #39
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.

Trader Rating: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIroller
really? i will check but i don't think so.
the car is definately not on fe2 suspension and its not plated. given the cars condition i also wouldn't believe that the suspension had been replaced at any time however the rear shocks have definately been changed, which suprised me. they are monroe gts.

the car is registered as discussed in the members section and i haven't had any issuees since. i even got epa'd it was a nice feeling when the policeman let me off saying that there was nothing on the car he could touch! i am proud to say it made it's first appearance at shepparton springnats number 16 and will make it's second appearance next weekend at the numurkah show us ya wheels. should be schmick. monday it will make the trip down to it's new home in melbourne so might be out on the streets before too long for a friday night kebab run.
Mitch, the factory shocks are matte black coloured Monroes, with a GM part number stamped on them. Are you sure they're GTs? GTs are gold coloured with a clear coat. Your shocks may still be original!
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-09, 21:29   #40
SIroller
CAL.415

oh i think they are monroe gts and blue with a red / blue yellow sticker... ah well who gives a rats they def are not black.

weezy - yeah i know they are expensive, any early hdt / sv 3 spoke will do in reality. but i want to do this one correct so even an aftermarket steering wheel with the group a centre would be alright. has to be a collapsable ribbed bosskit and those blue and red stickers are made repro. also i saw on the hdt ebay site repro centres popped up a while ago. not for a group a ss hdt though.
Old 14-03-09, 08:06   #41
SIroller
CAL.415

wow i haven't updated for a while!

on a thursday night baysy mini meet my car was running a bit rough. it spat fire and blew the rear muffler open and then stopped. i tinkered and tinkered but the problem got progressively worse.

needing an exhaust and not having the car running at all, i got quotes from jamie @ JD customs in mornington and after gathering the money went ahead and got thge wagon trucked down to mornington.

2 weeks later the car had a new cas and a pretty much hand fab'd exhaust 3" from the dump back with a single muffler and a high flow cat. i went to pick up the car thursday nioght and didn't even get 500m down the street before the intermittent problem returned and the car conked. after a phone call jamie came and flat towed me back to his workshop (well actually i got it running, drove most of the way, pushed and rolled for a bit and then got towed.)

friday jamie did the afm / sparks / coil / and the power transister which is the plug next to the afm. apparently it was throweing codes left right and centre when he hooked it up to the ecu diagnostics.

so anyway more than happy with jamies work and i am off to shepparton tonight in the wagon to put some more highway km on the engine. catch ron!

p.s. i am now broke and further progress will be pretty minor for a whiule eg rear suspension / under car rubbers / detail
Old 16-03-09, 14:37   #42
SIroller
CAL.415

freakin long weekend but it made it to the border and back with no hassles at all.
Old 16-03-09, 14:42   #43
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.

Hahaha, good stuff man. Hope that Maccas was good when you called me.
Old 17-03-09, 20:57   #44
SIroller
CAL.415

ah yes... 10 mcnugget meal. thats an awesome truckstop. loveing the roadtrips. might even take it up to bendigo mid year.
Old 21-04-09, 21:10   #45
SIroller
CAL.415

well i bought an autometer silver faced boost gauge tonight. it spent minimal time on the last owners car and came with an autometer cup and bracket in matt black which suits the car's grey / black dash to a tee. i will have to get it hooked up by an auto elec soon... or maybe i will have a crack, i do have all of those service manuals so why not?

also got my eye on 2 hsv wheels on ebay. an early imscher 4 spoke and a vn sv3800 wheel.
Old 21-04-09, 21:20   #46
Weezy
Player

Do it yourself man. Its not hard lol

ooh.. everyone
Old 21-04-09, 21:58   #47
SIroller
CAL.415

won this steering wheel -

now need a boss kit and someone to hook up the horn... maybe the boost gauge is easy but i've tried with a horn before and ended up butchering it.
Old 21-04-09, 22:37   #48
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.

Ahhh....I was watching that wheel as well. If you get sick of it, cash waiting.
Old 21-04-09, 22:42   #49
SIroller
CAL.415

lol done. theres another wheel i am lookin at but will need a retrim i will pm the link tell me what you think (do not talk me into it b/c you want my wheel lol)

also thinking i will do a tech article write up for the boost gauge when i install it. i searched and the info is pretty vague and pictures terrible. i am going to write up something nice and simple and easy to replicate.
Old 05-05-09, 22:26   #50
SIroller
CAL.415

wheel rocked up today. has some slight wear on the top face and one scratch on the top of the centrepad. otherwise all is good. it's momo stamped leather and wheel and dated 1994. a vl momo boss kit is proving a little harder to find but again i have my eye on one .

it has to be a momo kit b/c that is the only legal one (collapsable) also it is what was fitted in the era and thats where i want this car to head, era correct with a few tweaks.