Old 11-11-10, 21:45   #101
SELO XST 045
167rwkw @ 10psi

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to SELO XST 045
well enjoy up there man..

if its a upgrage its better, in my eyes :P so go for it, it look nice and clean

have fun mitch.. :P

Last edited by SELO XST 045; 12-11-10 at 20:52.
SELO XST 045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-10, 09:01   #102
SIroller
CAL.415

Trader Rating: (52)
got a pieberg lift pump, a single 044 and the associated fittings and bracket in the stock location. cheers dad! (now just to fit it. he has decided he is in no rush as i have extended my trip to may lol)
Old 20-03-11, 08:03   #103
SIroller
CAL.415

so i make a phonecall to mum from london yesterday and sdhe tells me 'your father bought you another car, he thinks you will sell it for parts or something'

i thought that was pretty cool but couldn't et a hold of him until a day later. he purchased my ex girlfriend's (from when i was 15,) older brother's unfinished project. it is a HT kingswood wagon. its the flat pale green colour with a white roof and the dark green interior. it is a roller with all of the parts (there will always be some missing in an unfinished project) and a set of spare doors / spare bonnet. it comes with a matching numbers rebuilt 186 (has been filled with oil and is on an engine stand however i doubt that it has been hand turned to keep the seals soft) and an aussie 4 speed crashbox (again matches the build plates.)

the engine bay is painted but the rest isn't, (however i remember it being very good) has rust cut out of the cargo area side windows, and the floorpans and 1 front quarter but comes with the required repair sections. interior is mickey mouse and apart from that i am just waiting for it to arrive at the parents farm and get some photos to know what we are dealing with.

dad is hoping to assemble it and do a quick spot sprayjob then have it registered. the parting it out and purchasing it for me was a cover story! i think it is too good to part out but we will see what its like when it arrives. its been maybe 8 years since i have seen it so anything could have happened (more likely nothing happened :P)

in other news the vl is still apart. just needs 1 more bumper piece sprayed as the one dad sprayed up was broken and then the p/s rack changed.
Old 16-07-11, 01:01   #104
SIroller
CAL.415

so just clearing out the shed and selling a heap of parts at the moment. lots of old calais stuff i hung onto and red interior bits (a man can dream can't he?)

i have had a bit of a chance to go over the car and suss out what i have acquired while o/s.

i got some new momo's (photos coming), dad fitted the 044 but... he had it in backwards so it needs to be put back in properly and a relay wired up. i have no idea where my chrome centrecaps went... wondering if the guy i purchased them off of ever sent them. hope so anyway. i stripped down my rx7 4 pots today and sent the calipers to dad to get them sandblasted at the farm. also hoping he can get the calipers out (he has an air compressor.)

ordered some caliper rebuild kits from repco, bought some wrinkle red paint and got the opportunity to take the vl for a short drive. gearbox isn't feeling great esp between 1st and 2nd. might be synchros? hoping i can just top up the clutch fluid / tranny fluid.

anyway heres a sneak peak at my new brakes. looking hot!

---------- Post added 16-07-11 at 19:20 ----------

getting a polish in the shed after a deep clean at the carwash -

new vs. old momo's

new momo's (made in italy b1tches) and my rebuilt vlt brakes which will soon be f.s. (upgrade time)

an example of the paint defects that cover this car from head to toe,

---------- Post added 16-07-11 at 19:24 ----------

edit - i think it was bird poo but theres heaps of stone chips, scratches... luckily though no parking dents, only 1 smashed sil and a hail looking mark on the rear pass 1/4
Old 17-07-11, 18:49   #105
SIroller
CAL.415

so today wiped the wax off in the morning and got into a bit of touch up painting. i started on the front 1/4s and skipped here and there patching up anything large. didn't do it all. but i got into the rear tailgate opening area These are main wear areas in all utes stationwagons so it was looking pretty scruffy...

but after a touch up....

much better. i read up on a detailing website while i was in the uk about a guy with an old fiat. he did the touchups and then went bananas with fine grit sandpaper and polished the touched up area back to life. i am going to give it a shot on the tailgate area and see how it goes and if it goes well maybe crack into the rest of the chipped areas.

strut tower before -

after-

---------- Post added 17-07-11 at 19:34 ----------

my little helper -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96TP-qp4GDw
Old 21-07-11, 22:25   #106
SIroller
CAL.415

exchange rate = win.

yay for ebay
Old 22-07-11, 02:54   #107
VlDUBC
MISMYVL

Car: Silver Calais
Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via MSN to VlDUBC
Have you still got some calais stuff for sale??
don't do it
VlDUBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-11, 10:57   #108
SIroller
CAL.415

check my sig for a link
Old 14-08-11, 20:47   #109
SIroller
CAL.415

won my first award with the car today. took out best 80's at the cobram swapmeet

Old 14-08-11, 21:59   #110
Weezy
Player

Car: 02' Mazda RX7 FD3S Bathurst Type R
Trader Rating: (15)
Rad effort dude

ooh.. everyone
Weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-11, 16:44   #111
SIroller
CAL.415

Old 17-08-11, 17:50   #112
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.

Trader Rating: (22)
You didn't tell me you got RX7 stoppers!! Mofo!

Good work on the award Mitch, but I gotta ask how many other 80s cars were there....
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-11, 19:03   #113
SIroller
CAL.415

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spdvl View Post
You didn't tell me you got RX7 stoppers!! Mofo!

Good work on the award Mitch, but I gotta ask how many other 80s cars were there....
LOL! there were 2, defektd was there but he left and was sporting a missing lense on his rear taillights anyway.

I don't care i have an award and you dont!

re rx7's: yeah bought them while i was o/s gotta reassemble them and order a fitting kit from vhr32
Old 31-08-11, 21:40   #114
SIroller
CAL.415

so theres a bit of an update today.

i have fitted the front vn sv le seats to the car after having the sides rebolstered. cost me 260 for both sides drop off pick up cash. very happy with the trimmers work but undecided on whether i like these or coulsons. these suit the style of the car more.

also relocating the afm currently. it has been hidden down low and i am planning on writing up a tech article when i complete the job. its in the std. gktech piping on the outlet / throttle body side of the cooler but is down low out of sight.

made up a 2m extension. -

finally, pulled out the headlights from my collection of spares and converting one into a stealth air intake. going to use some of that autobarn / fast and the furious silver mesh and shape it like the headlight lense then attach it on somehow. i think you can see how this will work with a std. airbox.

oh and again another also... i purchased a detroit locker from tuffcarparts.com.
apparently its not a real detroit locker it works differently however the results are the same. pumped to have my first locked diff on the way!

cheers for looking.
Old 31-08-11, 22:15   #115
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Let me know what the lokka is like mate
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-11, 22:42   #116
SIroller
CAL.415

yeah a few people keen to get some feedback on it. should be good given i have a relatively low level build.

---------- Post added 31-08-11 at 22:47 ----------

also - have a mate who has a minispool and had a habit of being defected fortnightly and chewing axles so i should be able to get it in first weekend after it arrives
Old 07-09-11, 23:15   #117
SIroller
CAL.415

front end all back together and working fine. now for the rear end. just pulled the brakes off and got it on axle stands. looking pretty shabby tbh. thinking of rebuilding the rear brakes / brake cables / a few rubbers around the diff all while i am replacing the centre. seems it will be off of the road for a while but thank god i get paid next week. 1st time in about 3 and a bit months :O
Old 17-09-11, 15:58   #118
SIroller
CAL.415

so.... the rear brakes and the rx7's have been dropped off to a mate to pull them apart and hot dip / acid wash off the paint and grime. i'll reassemble them myself and fit them.

the rear end is out inc diff, lower control arms and the suspension. just need to get the trailing arms off and clean up in the diff well and paint / bitumen it.

the diff got pulled out so i can replace all the rubbers in the trailing arms, lower control arms, swaybar and give it a good paint and clean up. i'll reassemble it with the lokka centre (already fitted to the diff centre but needs to be put back in) before i start trying to pull apart the handbrake setup.

new brake lines, bitumen painted and sealed wheel wells and some new fuel hosing is in the plans. i'd go and purchase parts but my workplace hasn't paid me yet for the last pay period too poor to afford all the parts i need but with no $$ to party this weekend i have lots of time to do this -

what on earth is this hole by the way? theres 2 of them one each side and theres also a silver thing what are they???

when i put it all back on its going to be gloss black with that borg warner brushed back and clear coated
Old 04-10-11, 14:50   #119
SIroller
CAL.415

okay,

diff centre -just under $500 delivered
rubbers in control arms, new trailing arms + rubbers in diff - $400
brakes pulled apart - Free (yay for having friends)
brake rebuild kits (minor) front + rear - $100
swaybar fr + rear + strut brace fr + panhard rod $280 from ebay all whiteline brand second hand

so far this build owes me a cool grand plus probably another hundred of paint + undercar bitumen paint and 300 of suspension goodies (very cheap, rrp would be almost 800).

at this stage I have pulled everything out. its all cleaned, painted (including the floorpan / diff tunnel area.) so its reassembly next.

still need to:
bolt everything back in,
rebuild calipers + fit
source brake hoses
source rubbers for swaybars fr+r

as it stands the arms are all painted and theres new rubbers in the rear end.

now interesting note on the rear brake hoses. theres one for each side but also a third in the middle which runs between the chassis and the axle. I have been onto repco, supersteep, autobarn and bursons and all say " well we don't have it we will have to ring the supplier" and then they all say "well the supplier says theres one but its for drum not disc rear end. are you sure you have a disc rear end? has it been changed?"

now that is a stupid question to me. yes i have discs, yes it is standard. after much back and forth i decided F*** it, i'll contact pbr myself. so went online, the disc rear centre hose wasn't listed. so i sent an email, 3 hrs later no reply so i rang up. as i'm on hold i get another call and its barry from pbr. barry says its not on their catalogue but if i can get the part number from holden they will see what they can do. yeah righto barry i think to myself.

so back to cindy on the phone who has no idea about cars but agrees with me its sily to think that there is no rubber ghose between the body and chassis... how does the fkluid get down there? can't be metal it has to flex. so i say to cindy, "the vk through vp have the same subframe i'm pretty sure, can you see whats available for a vn disc rear? part number. turns out that there were 2 in the vn range changed at a certain chassis number. I chose the chassis number and get the code... guess what? same as the drum brake hose for the vl. so problem solved. it wasn't that hard to figure out i thought. but no retailers and even one bloke in pbr parts help couldn't get their head around it.

so now to order them in and hope they are available.
Old 04-10-11, 16:25   #120
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.

Trader Rating: (22)
Yeah, that centre brake hose is a total dick Mitch. Had that issue before. I think the best way to solve the problem and not waste an arvo is to take all five hoses, the aluminum lines and calipers to a clutch place with a written list of exactly how they should be combines into brand new aluminum lines and braided hoses.

But looking awesome dude, I'll have to come around and check it out at some point.
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 17:38   #121
SIroller
CAL.415

H1224 or H1224BD for braided for those out there wanting to know.

---------- Post added 04-10-11 at 21:46 ----------

before -

after -

fire pit we uncovered in the backyard.

---------- Post added 04-10-11 at 22:00 ----------

before -

after -

a little detail, the swaybar - diff brackets -wire brushed and clear coated
Old 06-10-11, 21:20   #122
SIroller
CAL.415

picked up alll my suspension today and ordered braided hoses for the rear end. yipee! also my brakes are ready. just gotta pick them up and start reassembly. so its all uphill from here.

---------- Post added 06-10-11 at 22:25 ----------

braided hoses were just a few bucks under $280 for all 3 rear end hoses PBR pre-fabbed ordered into repco. sharon @ repco ferntree gully has been a champ as has cindy at PBR spare parts assistance. definitely worth just jumping on the pbr website, getting a phone number and calling these guys and girls. much easier than dealing with knuckleheads at autobarn and supersteep.
Old 14-10-11, 20:17   #123
SIroller
CAL.415

rear end to do -

tighten 4 tailshaft - diff bolts
bleed brakes

replace the goddamn brake hose to caliper bolt I sheared off in the bolt hole. so close yet so far. and i'm working all weekend so can't get to the wreckers gargh! I was 5 bolts from rolling!!
Old 18-10-11, 15:30   #124
SIroller
CAL.415

IT'S ALIVE!

and it drives! new battery today and time to clean out the shed and give my daily some love before i get back into the vl's front end.
Old 19-10-11, 10:16   #125
Andy-30L
Official Member

Trader Rating: (9)
ever since i saw 'aerobr' ive always loved momo status. would love to get ahold of some for a future project or my daily.
Andy-30L is offline   Reply With Quote