CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Readers Rides > VL Turbos
LSX Garage - Performance has a new home...

Old 01-08-15, 15:38   #26
KEBAB_
Player

Car: G6E Turbo Daily , Series 200 Sleeper
Trader Rating: (0)
Its current due for a blue slip , so what do i do?

Got it running , just need to do the dump pipe

https://youtu.be/TZFeTpK4ShQ

Decided to put na mani back on and get a blue slip for now

Bought another vl with some good gear ect skyline gearbox conversion , 3.9 28 spline diff big e85 fuel system
so will probs use that gear as it gets me around my gearbox predicament atm

Turbo looked out of placed polished so i did a couple of other parts

plenum needs more

So plan is so get a blueslip , fit manual conversion and diff install turbo setup with microtech and gtr injectors
KEBAB_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-15, 15:21   #27
INFLYT
Player

Car: Ford G6E Turbo
Trader Rating: (8)
Top thread man.
Keep the updates coming.

---------- Post added 03-08-15 at 15:23 ----------

B.T.W, do you have any of the old set up still floating around?
INFLYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-15, 20:41   #28
KEBAB_
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFLYT View Post
Top thread man.
Keep the updates coming.

---------- Post added 03-08-15 at 15:23 ----------

B.T.W, do you have any of the old set up still floating around?
Got a full turbo conversion , im going to keep as im thinking about buying a RB30 a patrol

Passed a blue slip and is now rego'd running black and white plates as opposed to the bright yellow

T04R vs FG GT3576R

Bought some 4'' silicone and alloy as i didint have any because ive never needed 4' piping!

4'' supercheap auto pod = $30 ... bargain

Ive got a belmouth aswell to mix it up

Got the new 3'' vband welded to the housing thanks to a mate and got a 3'' dumpipe made up from wade @ KP Fab

Just bought myself anther vl turbo auto with stall converter as i should really keep this car OG/ factory interior as soon as you remove parts its going to rattle/creak and break

Not sure on stall converter size but plan is to install tranny and get a tune asap
Old 30-09-15, 23:16   #29
KEBAB_
Player

I could hear a squeal at idle and put it down to the intake manifold joining the head , i used a piece of hose to pin point the location , it got me thinking that i ha donly ever used gasket goop and no gasket to seal the intake , so i had to remove the intake manifold again

Going to tidy up the intake side , degrease tuck some wires and some new hoses and possibly delete the emission system

Old 01-01-16, 00:23   #30
KEBAB_
Player

So i installed a new thermostat and thermostat housing , and new lower radiator hose

[URL=http://s747.photobucket.com/user/xr6t_drifter/media/9544_10153765774820120_2001863359586553089_n_zpsso kmtq69.jpg.html][IMG]http:

[URL=http://s747.photobucket.com/user/xr6t_drifter/media/1933929_10153765774690120_4276276062559546058_n_zp smffnpwrp.jpg.html]

Bought my self a Tial MVR 38mm wastegate to replace the ****ty leaking ebay one

[URL=http://s747.photobucket.com/user/xr6t_drifter/media/1934988_10153765771160120_6699311004503017345_n_zp suqw2utau.jpg.html]

Which also ment i had to remove manifold to replace the 4bolt flange to a vband so i got a mate to weld it on for me
[URL=http://s747.photobucket.com/user/xr6t_drifter/media/7398_10153765771295120_7065886429785668054_n_zpsip i4om1o.jpg.html][IMG]http:

---------- Post added 01-01-16 at 01:33 ----------

So i installed a new thermostat and thermostat housing , and new lower radiator hose and new clamps on all hoses

Pick up a set of venetions aswell

Bought my self a new Tial MVR 38mm wastegate which also meant i had to remove the manifold to change the 4 bolt flange to a vband setup

Amazing difference in size

---------- Post added 01-01-16 at 02:11 ----------

With the plenum all back together , I installed the stock t3 setup to keep the car driveable also the spool and dose is just insane lol

https://youtu.be/FeExPtI-n4Y

Bought a Rajab Racing street/strip camshaft and machined lifterbodies no real pics of install but anything is better than nothing

New cam inplace

Got the up mount setup back on ,it really is laggy with the standard stall converter off the line , but once your going its not so bad

Installed a 044 and surge tank with new braided fuel lines , i will upgrade the lines to teflon to stop any fuel smell

Ive got it wired up with a relay

Old 02-09-16, 19:29   #31
INFLYT
Player

Car: Ford G6E Turbo
Trader Rating: (8)
How is this going man?
INFLYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-16, 18:33   #32
KEBAB_
Player

Going good ,

Sent the gearbox into a local transmission place in Newcastle to get checked out , turns out the box has heavy duty clutch's in good condition and a billet servo, bigger oil pan and not sure what else but everything checked out healthy so i decided to install in the shed by myself which was a prick of a job.

Changed the bellhousing over to a non chipped one which was painted orange for some wierd reason

Installed a VL Turbo stall converter 2400-2500ish rpm when putting the box back in not big enough but its what i had at the time

Got it running and driving again , box feels good shifts pretty hard and will actually shift into 3rd on boost from 2nd which used to just hold till limiter and shift when it was ready

Not long after i had a feeling that the head gasket was on its way out ( getting a bit of oil in the coolant) so i decided to replace the head gasket with a Nissan OEM and ARP headstuds, had a spare head so i got it cleaned and pressure tested checked the valvestem seals ect and installed my cam into the fresh head which i believe is a tighe 147 cam?

Fresh head , stock ports , didnt clean them up at all which i would of liked to remove the casting marks but i was running out of time

Got it running again and it was finally time to get a tune on the microtech

Drove to the tuners and while waiting i installed the microtech and GTR 444cc injectors then onto the dyno

Had some issues with trying to ramp the car up hard as the auto wanted to kickdown to 2nd gear very easily , finding the limits of the stock ignition system and where the tuner wanted to push the gtr injectors

https://youtu.be/gzwdjnzdt3s

we did see 266rwkw on one run but had issues with it breaking down with the stock ignition system and ive got a feeling the stock n/a valve springs are holding power back a bit but im not %100 only revving it to 5600rpm atm, but it was finally good to drive it. Skids good clicks 3rd gear on the spot and powerskids hard

Old 23-10-16, 21:33   #33
KEBAB_
Player

Need to get my cooler piping fixed as im not using a AFM anymore

Using some tyoe of JDM r32 gtr adapter offf the afm

Bought some stuff for the rear parcel shelf

Original sales broucher from new

Bought some M/Ts on 15x7 wheels , looks sweet with the hubbies

Not long after i had it tune the turbo gave up so i bought a FG XR6T ball bearing GT3576 but had the issue with the manifold being T4 so orderd a mamba T4 .86 rear housing with vband rear .
Old 23-10-16, 22:26   #34
deanoVLCT
MODERATERRRRR

Car: Car: Hq gts coupe - Vl Sl turbo bt1 - Vl nitron - Vl v8 1k001 berlina - Fg xr6 ute - LJ coupe - LX slr 5000 rep
Trader Rating: (24)
Last pic is tough as
deanoVLCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-16, 19:01   #35
KEBAB_
Player

Fitted new shocks in the front as the old ones were original and really bouncy

Swapping diffs over , 28 Spline 3.9 locked diff .

Disk brake rears were swapped over as the Series 200 has drum rears

Upgraded front brakes to Vl turbo items with slotted and drilled rotors

So i recieved my rear housing

T4 rear housing to fit a garret GT3576

Got it fitted up and re tuned

Red line is the T04R blue is the new GT3576

Been driving it for a couple of months , driving it hard , skids and bit of racing and one day i noticed it was pouring smoke out of the breathers , which i suspected id hurt the motor so i did a comp test

So at the moment cars sitting in the shed while i decide what the plan is

Old 30-06-17, 18:44   #36
KEBAB_
Player

Broke the diff on my daily so after replacing the rear end and fitting a new exhaust

I decided to do something about the vl.

I had been scrolling gumtree and found a S3 R31 being wrecked so I rang an had a look at the engine , loaded it up and brought it home still sitting on the subframe and with the gearbox attached

Opened up the shed for the first time in 6 months and wasn't i disappointed. The VL was looking sad covered in dust and surface rust , the paints always been bad but i do live close to the ocean which doesn't help

Started stripping the new engine down off the subframe and removed the gearbox , removed power steering pump and AC compressor. Will have to replace some vacume and heater hoses as they are old and brittle
Will most likely change these parts of the current engine when they are side by side

Still unsure if the S3 auto box flywheel is the same as the VL's

The plan is to put the new engine in stock standard and get it running and blueslipped as has been out of rego since Feb

So i removed the intercooler and piping , unplugged the loom and cooling system hoses along with the rad and all the small stuff starter motor AC compressor as the system still has gas just moved the compressor to the side

After a couple of Hrs i was looking at this mess

Plan is to get an extra set of hands to remove bonnet , and gearbox/ converter bolts and remove engine
Old 03-07-17, 18:04   #37
KEBAB_
Player

So i couldnt find anyone to give me a hand so i plotted along , Jacked the car up on stands and proceed to removed the gearbox bolts , convertor bolts and the dump pipe

Undone the starter motor bolts and hooked up the engine crane to started to lift the engine checking i hadnt forgotten and bolts , hoses or wiring

So now i had the engines side byside , i proceeded to start changing over parts engine mounts , powersteering bracket and A/C bracket , found out the cooling system hoses were a different size and didint want to remove the front of the motor to punch out the front water outlet from behind the water pump so i sourced some new heater hose to suit, changed a few vacume hoses

Found out the auto flexplates were different between the 4n71b and the S3 electronic gearbox
Changed the flex plates over , looked great behind the flexplate so i didint change the rear main

Gave the engine bay a degrease and swaped the 3500 highstall over to a 2400 turbo stall
Time to hook up the engine and try and throw the engine back in