CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Technical > General, Electrics, Engine Management, Wheels, Bodywork
GRUNT Performance

Old 04-03-14, 19:46   #1
Patrickmm
Player

Car: 88 VL SL
Trader Rating: (0)
Microtech LT8 questions

Hey guys I'm building a RB30DET(well two actually), my current/first one is a standard 30 bottom end with forged pistons, new rings and bearings. It's getting a GT42r, Greddy forward facing plenum, 1000cc injectors and a manualized C4 with transbrake and a 4000ish stallie. I have been given a LT8 from one of the boys I work with so I'm keen to make that work. I know they only have 4 injector drivers and the wiring diagram microtech provide shows how to wire it up to run 6 injectors. Series 1 rb25s use an igniter box that the standard loom plugs into then the coil pack loom comes off it. The LT8 has 4x ignition drivers, Am I right in saying that I can wire 3outputs to the Nissan igniter box and run a wasted spark set up?
Patrickmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-17, 10:07   #2
Kasman88
Player

Car: commosomething..
Trader Rating: (2)
I know this is an old thread, but theorically this sounds right.. did you manage to run it this way? You may also be able to use the 4x box.
Kasman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-17, 12:57   #3
Wkd_Vl
Player

Car: VLT & Vz SV8
Trader Rating: (24)
i run a lt10s and only has 4 ign outputs. so i put a x4 box on and ran a ef coil pack with wasted spark
Wkd_Vl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-17, 12:43   #4
Kasman88
Player

Car: commosomething..
Trader Rating: (2)
looking at their diagram for both the lt8 and the lt10 there isnt much difference between them in regards to ignition and injectors. Micro****s dont answer their phones anymore and are very limited in their emails. Poor form from their bit, fair amount of money being spent with them and they dont bother to assist self tuners in their inquires. no wonder people outlay a little more and get haltec ecus
Kasman88 is offline   Reply With Quote