Old 15-03-10, 19:11   #151
Duke57TT
Missile Performance

Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via MSN to Duke57TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAS747 View Post
well find someone to pay for one in vic
if I had the money I would stump it up for you lot.

Someone needs to build a business case and give much gobbies to very rich people to maybe even look at getting a run.
Old 15-03-10, 19:26   #152
ls1pwr
Player

Car: VN LS1 TURBO,VE SS WAGON
Trader Rating: (0)
Well i did say last year this would happen i said lets protest, but every1 its fine its at calder now yeah F**K*N RIGHT. I knew bob would pull the pin, but suprized it took so long john's contract must have been written on the back of a coles docket what a clown to invest money & not have it set in concrete.

I wouldnt be suprized if bob tries running his own event id stay tuned, theres alot of money to be made & bobs not silly man remember that. He has run events on easter weekend before.

i think easter weekend was gunna be huge with or without the easternats, so police will have there hands full but now it could get messy.

We have nothing on our side in the public eye where just car hoons, any easy target.
There money & people out there that could do it but its not that easy you need permises etc which guess what they need to come from the goverment which are the same people call every1 hoons so thats why.

Well lets just see what happens should be very interesting people................
Old 15-03-10, 19:33   #153
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
It's easy to say 'I told you so' in hind-sight. It's just shattering that everyone was organised and 2 weeks from it happening the pin has been pulled.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10, 19:37   #154
ls1pwr
Player

I know, im pissed had VN ready for street drags & have been working flat out on my brothers ute getting it ready so i know how it feels mate................

There will be a massive amount of very angry people.................
ls1pwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10, 19:38   #155
ANK
BANNED

Car: stolen wrx sti
Trader Rating: (7)
i spent all day yesterday bretty doing as much as i can on the car with what i have just for the nats i could have gone fishin!!
ANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10, 19:41   #156
vltrb-0
The Regulars

Car: ke57, a ke70 with an ls1 and a turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Chaser View Post
I would suggest as an immediate start that every one, drag racing, circuit racing, drifters the lot boycott Calder Park straight away. No more Friday night drags, no more track days, no private test days. Maybe we could bring the cars out Friday night and block the entry early for the next street drags, pretty unlucky that all our cars managed to get flat tyers right out the front of Calder Park, whats the chances that all the spares are flat aswell?
union antics thats where it's at jase, '**** off your not welcome ere!'
vltrb-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10, 19:44   #157
88 Chaser
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (20)
Unfortunatly no matter what we did in protest it would get trown back in out faces unless extreemly smartly planned and exicuted. To many dudes with not a lot of brains for anything big like a protest to work.
88 Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10, 19:47   #158
GAS747
GAS747

Car: GAS747 | TUFGT0
Trader Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1pwr View Post

I wouldnt be suprized if bob tries running his own event id stay tuned, theres alot of money to be made & bobs not silly man remember that. He has run events on easter weekend before.
agreed but **** its only 2.5 weeks to go! Dunno if he could pull it off in that time but he sure does have the money to organise it

he would make a fortune!
Radial Life
GAS747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10, 19:52   #159
MuFFiN
C.T Residential Baker :)

Car: VP.SS <COP-TZA>
.......well we can bitch all we want ... What are we gonna do about it surely we can hold some protest
MuFFiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10, 19:52   #160
88 Chaser
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAS747 View Post
agreed but **** its only 2.5 weeks to go! Dunno if he could pull it off in that time but he sure does have the money to organise it

he would make a fortune!

Yeah tight for time unless he has already planned for it to go like this, like stated earlier, he inst dumb, a fuck wit yeah, but not dumb when it comes to money. personally i would have a bit of trouble going to the even if he could get one organised, i mean Jon has been well and truly screwed over, lost money no doubt at the very least on advertising.

I would kind of want to think i wouldnt go, but I mean, it would still be a good chance to get the car out and lay aswell.
Old 15-03-10, 19:56   #161
Duke57TT
Missile Performance

Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via MSN to Duke57TT
Plenty of smart guys in the car scene.. The problem is most smart people don't have the time required to make this work. You will also need muscle to help enforce a semblence of sense and keep the toe rags in line. Plenty of singler pegger VNs to ruin any chance you may have.

You could start by talking to your local member and asking for advice.

What political parties can you approach for support? There is a motoring party here in the ACT. Quite alot of cars have Vote for a Dragway on the back of them,

Would the NRMA (RACC) lend support? They said lowering speed limits was not a good thing recently?

As per alot of laws and so forth to get them passed sometimes you need to make compromises or offer something in return? How about looking at a mutli pronged approach of a driver training/recreational area which included a drag strip? Driver Training and Recreational area sounds less bogan.
Old 15-03-10, 19:58   #162
ls1pwr
Player

This was said on another forum & his so right :

Money is the factor here plain and simple. Bob Jane wants to stick his finger in the pie more and more so of course negoiations are going to break down. Just ask Michael Gilbert (powercruise promotor) how much of a greedy **** Bob Jane is and that will give you the answer as to why there is no Powercruise and sadly no Easternats.

Rodney Jane is another greedy ****ing **** so when Bob does drop dead, nothing will change there. It must run in the blood...

To the Jane family: Once again thanks for raping Victorians and depriving them of car events which is so sorely needed in this state. They do it to the street drags and now they're doing it to other car events. Everyone should just boycott the sorry excuse for a track.

Bob Jane drop dead you ****ing ****.
Old 15-03-10, 20:02   #163
88 Chaser
Player

Car:
yeah bit of luck they both drop off before they can cash in on the place anymore
Old 15-03-10, 20:06   #164
PROGMH

Car:
If by magic there was any event there run by Bob on that weekend, I for one would not attend.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10, 20:13   #165
hemi_val
Player

Car: valiant regal
Although i donít know the whole story, if things are as they seem anything affiliated with Bob Jane should be boycotted by car enthusiasts. With all the strict laws and anti hoon **** in the media yet so few legal outlets to use we canít just let it be taken away so easily. In my opinion it looks as though people like a good friend of mine who has a very quick street car and has been behaving himself behind the wheel on the streets all year saying he's saving it all for Easternats are getting pushed into doing illegal activities, if the cops can barely control a bunch of p plate legal cars with spools that meet in the same spot at the same time every week theyíre gonna really struggle IF the older and wiser guys with big power cars are left with no other option and start organising meets. If a protest goes ahead it has to be done smart because one skid is all the enemy (aka the media) needs and we will be digging our own grave for the cause.
hemi_val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10, 20:27   #166
Katsa
Gold Members

Car: [EX.RTA] Kimberly bronze BT1
nothing will ever get done, theres no point sooking about it, we have no car events plain and simple
you wanna have fun, do it in industrial estates, they have a big media up roar again, then once interviewed make it clear and simple that theres no where else to do it.
Seriously its a joke yeah, junkies get there safe injecting rooms we get a big c0ck
Old 15-03-10, 20:28   #167
misk
what 2jz?

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to misk
indeed its incredibly rediculous....
even s.a. who doesnt have a drag strip have more off street events than us...
misk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10, 20:29   #168
VLRB20DET
Time for another NISSAN!

Car: 2010 WR450F
Trader Rating: (10)
it wont matter how many signatures for a petition your get or how loud you shout out the front of parliament house, it wont make a scrap of difference

if you haven't seen from recent times good old john brumby and his crew of misfits are all interested in is revenue raising and supporting BIG! sporting events like the F1, AFL & the tennis which bring in heaps of $$$ to melbourne.

in comparison drag racing is nothing to them and in the public eye everyone that is into car racing fraternity is a "hoon" ,

oh and hoon's bring in revenue and good publicity for john brumby like the other night sting at campbellfield, this sort of thing gets votes come election as it make him look like the good guy doing something to stamp out HOONS

so in saying that maybe you should all go send a letter to the Victorian opposition leader Ted Baillieu maybe you may have more luck with him come the next state election
VLRB20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10, 20:30   #169
XCOP
Gold Members

Car: VL bt1 genuine 370rwkw, VL calais stock unmolested, VN bt1 355. currently in the stable
Trader Rating: (1)
this sux balls i a big way! was really looking forward to it since the last time i was there. but i guess its guna make the vl nats 10 fold as big! hopefully everyone supports it the way it needs and deserves.
Old 15-03-10, 20:34   #170
VLRB20DET
Time for another NISSAN!

Car: 2010 WR450F
Trader Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsa View Post
nothing will ever get done, theres no point sooking about it, we have no car events plain and simple
you wanna have fun, do it in industrial estates, they have a big media up roar again, then once interviewed make it clear and simple that theres no where else to do it.
Seriously its a joke yeah, junkies get there safe injecting rooms we get a big c0ck
mate the people they interviewed the other night sounded like they had watched too many episodes of fat pizza,

I should have came along and setup a Adidas stall, could have made a fortune.
VLRB20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10, 20:41   #171
Sabo
Player

Car: 04 WK Statesman on 20's.
Trader Rating: (9)
Apparently there is a protest on this friday night.
Here is what I got in my facebook wall;

Quote:
Easternats has been cancelled three weeks out from the event and no1s happy let show our outrage by a protest this Friday night on princess hwy at the bp and make our voice heard c u all there pass this on!
Sabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10, 20:43   #172
88 Chaser
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
Yeah, this will help no end
Old 15-03-10, 20:45   #173
FeRgO
DOSE PIPE

Car: VYSS, HZ PREM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
would be better to do what 88 chaser said and block the entrance to calder park.. the next street drags are this friday yes? well i can organise a few blokes to have "flat tyres" at the gate

if we cant have fun, and he can only open calder everytime his pacemaker gets a battery change, they why should we let him earn money..... hell id even protest at bob jane outlets... all that will gain is police attention tho because they are franchises
Old 15-03-10, 20:46   #174
88 Chaser
Player

Car:
Few larger rigs fergo?
Old 15-03-10, 20:53   #175
FeRgO
DOSE PIPE

Car: VYSS, HZ PREM
hahaha id bring down the whole fleet if i could but my boss wont go for it... i could bring my dads rigid and stand on the tray with a megaphone though hahaha