User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > walkinshaw.net > General
Tyres Now

Old 29-01-07, 19:30   #51
disco
Player

Car: VL Walkinshaw
Trader Rating: (0)
The orig. gearbox, spares and other parts are being freighted up, wouldn't dream of doing such a long trip with the gearbox in the boot.

With the temp thing, that's an interesting point. I also thought that the plate in the front airdam would restrict heaps of airflow, but the eng temp sat on half way the whole time in 35+ deg heat. So wasn't a prob in my case.
Old 29-01-07, 21:11   #52
blownhsv
Player

Car: SS sedan and XR8 ute
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by disco
The orig. gearbox, spares and other parts are being freighted up, wouldn't dream of doing such a long trip with the gearbox in the boot.

With the temp thing, that's an interesting point. I also thought that the plate in the front airdam would restrict heaps of airflow, but the eng temp sat on half way the whole time in 35+ deg heat. So wasn't a prob in my case.
mine gets somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 and stays there.. runs sweet as with the plate there
Old 29-01-07, 21:13   #53
oma72
"i just got two"

Car: Walky 193,Gtsr 22,GTR XU1 replica,Yamaha R1 01
Half way?i get worried if mine gets out of the blue lol.Seriously back when Dad and i did a wedding in Bris traffic with air con on the temp when up past half way so we shifted our plates back on the bumper(shame as we had the original holes filled in and bars painted)also my car bra was designed with the front plate on the bar so when it was on the grill you couldn't see it,good on trips with it on.I have seen a Walky with a fabric number plate on the grill for air flow but i'm guessing that would be illegal.
Old 30-01-07, 07:18   #54
Walkie
Player

My plate is in the air dam but I have never had a problem, it is a slimline plate and sits at quite an angle. The only time the temp guage has risen over halfway was on a 35 degree day when I was doing a wedding, but it was only because they were late and we were sitting out the front of the house with the a/c on full for about 15-20 min.
Old 30-01-07, 21:28   #55
SShan
Player

Car: Walkinshaw #49, VS II HSV Clubsport, SS torana-Gen3/ZF-6, SS ute
Trader Rating: (1)
I dont even run a front plate and havent been pinged yet, touch wood, look so much better without a front plate. Think it is still attatched to the car bra????????????
Old 06-02-07, 17:39   #56
shaik
Player

Car: #553
i agree with craig..

as i have said in a past thread.. an enthusiast wouldnt pay premium dollar for a mongrel bitza.. its the pure bred that fetches the top dollar.

same with cars of pedigree and papers. you would be a fool to pay top dollar for a 'bitza.'
Old 07-02-07, 07:43   #57
Walkie
Player

Mongrel bitza is quite a statement, trust me I have seen the car and it is anything but a bitza. It has had mods to the motor, but looking at the car you would not be able to tell if you didn't know, even when running it idles very smoothe. It also has more paperwork and documentation than any car I have ever seen, the orginal owner has documented everything down to oil changes and tyre rotations between services.
I think many people are over the top when they say mods spoil a cars resale. I agree that some mods will, like drilling holes in the pillars to put instruments, changing the interior or the engine bay, but modding the engine generally is not a n issue for many buyers. I know of quite a few walkies with strokers and they have had no trouble at all selling them. Even a stroker crank can be removed and replaced with a 304 crank.
And wasn't this car actually bought by an enthusiast?