CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > walkinshaw.net > General
Calais Turbo Advertising

 

 

Thread Tools
Old 06-01-07, 22:38   #1
SShan
Player
 
Join Date: 07-09-06
Location: QLD, Wide bay
Car: Walkinshaw #49, VS II HSV Clubsport, SS torana-Gen3/ZF-6, SS ute
Trader Rating: (1)
Walky #600 for sale

Walkinshaw #600 for sale in a car yard in Mackay. This car used to run around with the plates TWR88.
This car was owned by a mate of mine. It has full house Perkins built V8 Supercar front splitter, spec engine (approx 520hp), Nine inch diff, roll cage, harnesses, 70l foam filled fuel cell, Harrop brakes on all corners, adjustable suspension, etc etc.
It was built as a Circuit racer and has receipts for $120k. It is an awesome vehicle and fries tyres like theres no tommorrow.
Think There asking $45k for it.
__________________
WANTED:Genuine Walkinshaw jacking point caps.
SShan is offline  
Old 07-01-07, 06:21   #2
vlgra
Player
 
Join Date: 24-01-06
Location: Melbourne, south east
Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
I thought it has just been sold as was in another thread.
vlgra is offline  
Old 07-01-07, 19:47   #3
No Fear
Player
 
Join Date: 07-01-07
Location: NSW, Mountains
Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
I saw that car for sale, what dealer is at in Mackay? would be a blast for Targa's.
No Fear is offline  
Old 07-01-07, 20:08   #4
SShan
Player
 
Join Date: 07-09-06
Location: QLD, Wide bay
Car: Walkinshaw #49, VS II HSV Clubsport, SS torana-Gen3/ZF-6, SS ute
Trader Rating: (1)
It is at Honeycombs Cars and 4X4's in Mackay. I no longer live there so i dont know whether or not it has been sold but i spoke to a mate on Thursday and he told me it was still there.
Mate of mine, who just traded her, bought it in September 2006 from a guy in Brissie. He just traded it on a VY R8 Maloo.
I believe it was set up for track work. I would have loved to take it for a run on a track.
__________________
WANTED:Genuine Walkinshaw jacking point caps.
.
SShan is offline  
Old 08-01-07, 13:41   #5
sly
Player
 
Join Date: 05-12-05
Location: NSW, south
Car: Flash suzuki sierra
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SShan
It is at Honeycombs Cars and 4X4's in Mackay. I no longer live there so i dont know whether or not it has been sold but i spoke to a mate on Thursday and he told me it was still there.
Mate of mine, who just traded her, bought it in September 2006 from a guy in Brissie. He just traded it on a VY R8 Maloo.
I believe it was set up for track work. I would have loved to take it for a run on a track.
I think i know the car.The owner before your mate bought it around a year ago.Any reason ya mate sold it? .Ther car seems to be getting passed around a bit.
sly is offline  
Old 08-01-07, 20:57   #6
SShan
Player
 
Join Date: 07-09-06
Location: QLD, Wide bay
Car: Walkinshaw #49, VS II HSV Clubsport, SS torana-Gen3/ZF-6, SS ute
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
I think i know the car.The owner before your mate bought it around a year ago.Any reason ya mate sold it? .Ther car seems to be getting passed around a bit.
Yeah he is not realy car literate and didnt really know what he was getting himself in for. It is heavy on fuel and only got around 170klms from 70l fuel cell. I believe he said it had a leaking rear main and that was the final straw.
Car is awesome, but expensive to run.
__________________
WANTED:Genuine Walkinshaw jacking point caps.
SShan is offline  
Old 08-01-07, 21:36   #7
I&J
Player
 
I&J's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-12-05
Location: VIC, East
Car: BT1 '88, Group A SS '88, V6 Hilux '06, VP Senator 5000i
Trader Rating: (0)
I'd forgive the fuel cost for a 500+ HP setup!
I&J is offline  
Old 10-01-07, 20:33   #8
SShan
Player
 
Join Date: 07-09-06
Location: QLD, Wide bay
Car: Walkinshaw #49, VS II HSV Clubsport, SS torana-Gen3/ZF-6, SS ute
Trader Rating: (1)
OHHHHH Yeah, the fuel cost is woth it believe me>>
__________________
WANTED:Genuine Walkinshaw jacking point caps.
SShan is offline  
Old 17-01-07, 15:05   #9
No Fear
Player
 
Join Date: 07-01-07
Location: NSW, Mountains
Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
Car was at Honeycombs they apparently wholesaled the car to a Brisbane dealer who thinks he can get heaps more for it . Was $47,000.
No Fear is offline  
Old 17-01-07, 17:39   #10
MrTWR
Player
 
Join Date: 02-01-07
Location: International, Everywhere
Car: Walkinshaw
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SShan
Yeah he is not realy car literate and didnt really know what he was getting himself in for. It is heavy on fuel and only got around 170klms from 70l fuel cell. I believe he said it had a leaking rear main and that was the final straw.
Car is awesome, but expensive to run.
there must be something else about it because if the engine is worked alot it would of been pulled out of the car and had all new seals including the rear main before it was put back together
MrTWR is offline  
Old 17-01-07, 21:10   #11
SShan
Player
 
Join Date: 07-09-06
Location: QLD, Wide bay
Car: Walkinshaw #49, VS II HSV Clubsport, SS torana-Gen3/ZF-6, SS ute
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTWR
there must be something else about it because if the engine is worked alot it would of been pulled out of the car and had all new seals including the rear main before it was put back together
It was rebuilt around 6 months ago, but was rarely driven. Even when it was it was never thrashed. Spoke to mate yesterday and he said it was taken to a mechanic and diagnosed with leaking rear main.
Thats all he said.
__________________
WANTED:Genuine Walkinshaw jacking point caps.
SShan is offline  
Old 03-02-07, 19:09   #12
No Fear
Player
 
Join Date: 07-01-07
Location: NSW, Mountains
Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
any idea what sort of cam is in this thing? Has anyone heard if it has sold?
No Fear is offline  
Old 04-02-07, 13:37   #13
SShan
Player
 
Join Date: 07-09-06
Location: QLD, Wide bay
Car: Walkinshaw #49, VS II HSV Clubsport, SS torana-Gen3/ZF-6, SS ute
Trader Rating: (1)
Believe it was same spec as '88 HRT car. The whole motor was built to same specs.
__________________
WANTED:Genuine Walkinshaw jacking point caps.
SShan is offline  
Old 06-02-07, 17:23   #14
shaik
Player
 
shaik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-04-06
Location: Perth, safety bay
Car: #553
Trader Rating: (0)
SShan,

a roll cage, harnesses and 520 horsepower, and a rebuild..
nah wouldnt have been thrashed??

sounds like it was geared up for the Daytona 500..

N#$^A PLEASE!!!
the car screams, IVE BEEN THRASHED!!
shaik is offline  
Old 10-02-07, 14:01   #15
SShan
Player
 
Join Date: 07-09-06
Location: QLD, Wide bay
Car: Walkinshaw #49, VS II HSV Clubsport, SS torana-Gen3/ZF-6, SS ute
Trader Rating: (1)
I never said it hasnt been thrashed shaik, just that it hasnt been at the hands of my mate who owned it.
Why else would you build a car like that?????????????????????????????
__________________
WANTED:Genuine Walkinshaw jacking point caps.
SShan is offline  
Old 10-02-07, 21:46   #16
Walkie
Player
 
Join Date: 07-04-03
Location:
Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
I've never seen a walky thrashed, I thought all owners drove them up the road with their great grandmother to get some milk for the cat.

Anyone who thinks their walky has never been thrashed is dreaming.
Walkie is offline  
Old 11-02-07, 07:00   #17
blownhsv
Player
 
blownhsv's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-05
Location: QLD, Townsville
Car: SS sedan and XR8 ute
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkie
I've never seen a walky thrashed, I thought all owners drove them up the road with their great grandmother to get some milk for the cat.

Anyone who thinks their walky has never been thrashed is dreaming.

well driven hard at least... dont mean its thrashed...ive thrashed a car and driven one hard.. i think theres a different.
blownhsv is offline  
Old 11-02-07, 07:56   #18
vlgra
Player
 
Join Date: 24-01-06
Location: Melbourne, south east
Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkie
I've never seen a walky thrashed, I thought all owners drove them up the road with their great grandmother to get some milk for the cat.

Anyone who thinks their walky has never been thrashed is dreaming.

I think you might be on the money there!
vlgra is offline  
Old 11-02-07, 22:26   #19
SShan
Player
 
Join Date: 07-09-06
Location: QLD, Wide bay
Car: Walkinshaw #49, VS II HSV Clubsport, SS torana-Gen3/ZF-6, SS ute
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownhsv
well driven hard at least... dont mean its thrashed...ive thrashed a car and driven one hard.. i think theres a different.
Agree, I thrashed a rental on my honeymoon, but i drive my V8's hard.
__________________
WANTED:Genuine Walkinshaw jacking point caps.
SShan is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 08:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger