Old 02-07-08, 09:46   #26
Shaun_VL
Gold Members

Car: Vl SL turbo, RED 91 barina, vlct rb25det
Trader Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by misk
its a bit strange that a gas fitter would say that though lol

im pretty sure its a completely different system man, wouldnt be much thats be interchangeable, but ill leave that to blownba
any thoughts blownba?
Shaun_VL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-08, 10:53   #27
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

Car: BF XR8 Ute
Trader Rating: (14)
The vapour system and the liquid system are two totally different things. Liquid systems have an intank pump, and an ICM which does not change the parameters of the fuel map.

Totally different setups.

on another note is this system from italy and distributed through Aus LPG Warehouse?

Last edited by Epitaph; 02-07-08 at 10:54. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-08, 13:48   #28
blownba
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
yes it is. it is the Icom JTG system.
I am one of their 'authorised' installer workshops.
But they (Aus LPG warehouse) are the gods.
Mick and Hilbert and Ben and the rest of the guys, know their stuff and do some really, really nice work.
blownba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-08, 14:15   #29
misk
what 2jz?

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to misk
i hope your not hittin the big time (liquid injection) too much to worry about the ol GRA setups?
ill still be keen to come to you to get my system fixed up.
misk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-08, 14:48   #30
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownba
yes it is. it is the Icom JTG system.
I am one of their 'authorised' installer workshops.
But they (Aus LPG warehouse) are the gods.
Mick and Hilbert and Ben and the rest of the guys, know their stuff and do some really, really nice work.
Ben and Hilbert are very nice blokes, we did a presentation to Chisolm Tafe with them the other night. They really do know what theyre talking about. They have a job going there atm too.

And if you're wondering what i do blownba, check out www.ecoshot.com.au
Old 03-07-08, 10:11   #31
Turbro
SMRFY

Car: LPG Calais Turbo, TT/BBC Camaro
Trader Rating: (19)
whats the most power anyone has made with gas injection?
Is 500-600rwkw possible?
Old 03-07-08, 19:11   #32
MICKYYYY
Player

Car:
lpg

Blownba

What if you have a microtech running the show, can you still use that ECU or no?

My brother spoke to injection perfection in sydney and Mark said that he could get the microtech 2 have the same signal as the LPG signal is. All he had 2 do is send it 2 microtech so they can do it. How true is this?
MICKYYYY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 22:55   #33
blownba
Player

Car:
I don't know about microtek.
But I know wolf has a LPG option but its algorithims are all screwed up and its near impossible to get it right.
Thats the beauty of Profire it is designed for LPG sequential injection.
But you need to remember that any petrol ECU will run Liquid injection as it cannot decern the difference between the two fuels.
When fitted to these cars I have shown the petrol ECU is driving the LPG injectors directly.
The only way to tune them is to flash tthe factory ECU or piggy back them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph
Ben and Hilbert are very nice blokes, we did a presentation to Chisolm Tafe with them the other night. They really do know what theyre talking about. They have a job going there atm too.

And if you're wondering what i do blownba, check out www.ecoshot.com.au
I have sent PM to you in the past about your system.
Yep they are great guys allright. They have gone out of their way, even though they are so busy, to do specific changes to Territory that I suggested.
I did not expect them to remember what I said but they did and they did it in the matter of days, when I was expecting months.
Hats off to them, and not to mention the Moribito brothers from APS, especially Mick. they are all total gentleman and I feel very priveledged to be chosen to fit their product, when there are other bigger places around falling over themselves to fit this stuff.
I am getting really excited about this system too as the possibilities are endless. And we have alot of tricky stuff we are going to do with it, in conjunction with the guys at LPG warehouse.

Last edited by blownba; 03-07-08 at 23:01. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-07-08, 23:52   #34
MICKYYYY
Player

Car:
profire

Yeh the Wolf is not up to sctach with the lpg side of things but apparently there doing work to it to get it right.

As said before fitting this system to a non injected car example stroker windsor, would i have to use a sequential injection ECU or can i just use a microtech and run a batch fire system?

Reason behind this as if i had 2 use a sequential injection ECU the cost would be very expensive to convert a older car to injection gas.
Old 05-07-08, 04:38   #35
helmet
Player

Car: '72 Cutlass Supreme
Blownba, any idea on the maximum static compression ratio you can run on a N/A motor with liquid LPG injection?
helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-08, 20:02   #36
blownba
Player

Car:
Profire ECU's are VERY reasonable in price, and they run sequential .
Not hard for the sensors either. I built my own crankshaft position sensor. made my own chopper plate, well got it laser cut anyway, and then used a siemans 101 sensor, basically a ABS sensor and made a bracket for it all, and then got a EF cam position sensor and machined it down and fittedmy dissy gear to the bottom and put it in the original dizzy hole.
And i'll run coil packs.
Not too hard and not too expensive.
Old 06-07-08, 11:54   #37
Paranoid
Player

Car: Yellow BT1 - PICNIC - SOHC - No Tubs - No Turbo - 8sec Pass (1/8th Mile)
Trader Rating: (2)
blownba; in saying "But you need to remember that any petrol ECU will run Liquid injection as it cannot decern the difference between the two fuels."
why can't you use any aftermarket ecu?

Last edited by Paranoid; 06-07-08 at 12:00.
Paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-08, 20:54   #38
blownba
Player

Car:
you can. But I would recommend something that is sequential to allow the LPG to be injected directly intothe combustion chamber because the valve will be open. Batch fire will not have the valve open and the full benefits of liquid injection will not be felt.
Old 06-07-08, 21:38   #39
slepar
kikin it new school :)

Car: vn ss-[SK8NVN], vt ss (sold), vp calais 5ltr, vq stato 5ltr, vs berlina 5ltr, vr stato 5ltr, wh stato s/c v6, vt ss ls1, ve calais 6.0, ve ssv ute m6
Trader Rating: (24)
hey mate you wouldnt happen to have a rough list of what sort of cars theese kits are getin made for and wich ones will be classed as odd convdersions would ya?
slepar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-08, 22:04   #40
MICKYYYY
Player

Car:
Blownba

So it is definatly possible to have Liquid LPG setup on a non sequential ECU car like microtech???
Old 06-07-08, 23:31   #41
blownba
Player

Car:
Its possible but not recommended as alot of the benefits of injecting it as a liquid are lost. Idle quality can be affected ect. I would highly recommend having a sequential set up.
The list so far is more for newert cars.
Ba falcons turbo and non, V8 boss not far behind. 5.7L commo and 6.0l and the alloytech. Toyota corolla (08) toyota hilux.
There are more and more kits being developed each week. but the tanks are gonna be the biggest problem. the first and second shipments have all but sold out already.
Prepare for a long waiting list everywhere you go.
There are a ridiculous amount of orders being placed each day.
It wont be long before the list goes into next year.
Only a week or two away IMO.
Old 07-07-08, 17:30   #42
Turbro
SMRFY

Car: LPG Calais Turbo, TT/BBC Camaro
Trader Rating: (19)
whats the most power anyone has made with gas injection?
Is 500-600rwkw possible?
Old 07-07-08, 21:31   #43
blownba
Player

Car:
I am not willing to say the limit of the system but that figure has been achieved at the crankshaft.
To get that at the treads it may mean running a bit of fuel enrichment if the injectors max out or run 2 injectors per cylinder and twin tanks.
And like any fuel system that is needed for that sort of power you better be prepard for some $$$$$ to be spent.
I know that there are plenty of race cars in Europe running this system and they are HUGE HP and they cream their petrol counterparts.
Old 08-07-08, 09:41   #44
LXRB-30
Player

Car:
Blownba: Just out of curiosity what is the name of your business??
If you would prefer not to say thats fine..
LXRB-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-08, 12:07   #45
SRBMUU
Official Member

Car:
Trader Rating: (6)
what type of tanks you guys using i have limited space in my car so might have to be a donut tank or a normal tank that is not tall being a convertible it will barely fit in the boot
SRBMUU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-08, 13:11   #46
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

Liquid tank sizes are limited i thnk?
Old 16-07-08, 05:03   #47
blownba
Player

Car:
I've got a 80L in My beemer. E30 like yours but sedan. Fits perfectly.
But now looking at going racing so will run a tiny tank in the back seat, built into the roll cage, so as to distribute weight evenly. I wanted to put it where the petrol tank was but theres not enough space cause the liquid tank sizes are fairly limited. I can get tiny little donut tanks that are the size of a 13" tyre if it was about a 205. Put one in a Honda civic a while back. But the liquid tanks need enough space for the high flow Walbro pump and internal filter. I don't know what the smallest size is yet.
What year is you Cabriot Epitah???
If it runs group fire injection it still can be done, I am sure someone in Europe has done it with JTG. You need to measure the distance between both shocker towers in the boot about 150mm from the very front of the boot, which is the back of the seat. And then measure the lowest point of the parcel shelf to the floor of the boot. Then measure the spare wheel well diameter/ dimensions including a height from the boot floor to the carpet. You could go a slightly higher donut tank to get more capacity and then make a false boot floor to cover the tank. I reckon donut tank is the neatest option but it will upset the handling ALOT as you will have all that weight so far behind the rear wheels, it'd be worse than a Porsche.
Let me know the sizes that way I can work out roughly what size would fit there. I do have rough prices for 4 cylinder kits running a cylinder and donut, so if you need a price PM me.
It will be about 3 to 4 months at least before they will sell the universal kits anyway, so be prepared for a wait.
I will post a current vehicles covered list soon, but it will be all newer cars I believe, at least newer than 2002 the ones so far. We will be concentrating on them for a while, and trying to get on top of the waiting lists which are pretty long at some joints already.

There is a 400 RWKW blown LS1 getting done.
In Europe there are the Big turbo Porsche cayenne's running this system, V10 M6 BMW and quite a few rally cars, hillclimb cars and circuit cars running the JTG systems, so big horsepower is easily acheived, AFAICT.
In America, Ford and Roush have got a F150 running this and GM have a 8.0L running it too.
I think that gives you a rough idea of what is acheivable with the standard system.
If you have the money and the desire, anything is possible.
Old 16-07-08, 10:04   #48
vp_luke
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (6)
are there issues with running decent boost with this style setup?

Does it have a 'lpg' rail and a pressure regulator with a boost reference? or does it run on tank pressure or something?
vp_luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-08, 12:58   #49
xbt106
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (16)
So basically any factory management will not work to the full benefit of the liquid injection? How much are these profire ecu's worth...and if you already have a car with factory management are they easy to fit?
xbt106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-08, 14:21   #50
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

the intank pump maintains the pressure, 3 bar above tank pressure at all times