CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > calaisturbo.com.au > Car Audio
Tyres Now

Old 09-04-12, 19:25   #1
VSExe
Player

Car: Holden VS Executive(Daily); VR Lexcen(13s 4 $1300)
Trader Rating: (0)
Sound System help required Please!

Hello, I own a VS Executive, I have a pioneer head unit, and pioneer speakers all round. I want louder sound, but i dont want a subwoofer. Is it legel(or roadworthy) to cut new spots in anywhere for more speakers? How much does is cost to get it done proffesionally? Perhaps more 6x9's in the back doors? off the roof? please i am a novice when it comes to cars, and appretaite any help

Thanks All
VSExe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-12, 22:21   #2
VLT222
FLY086

Car: 5 Speed SL Turbo
Are you speakers powered by an amp or just the headunit? If they arn't you could amp your speakers and tune to the level you want and make them louder. Getting speakers with more RMS power would also make it louder.
VLT222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 09:46   #3
MrSquigle
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (28)
take your door trims off. seal the service holes up and add some sound deadening. By sealing the service holes in the doors, this creates an enclosure for the speakers and will produce very noticable mid bass improvements. By adding the sound deadening will reduce resonance in the steel panels, eliminating the prematre distortion. There is no point making a speaker work harder if the panels viabrate and sound distorted.

These improvements will show benefiets on even on a stock standard sound system. Depending on your system components then there may be benefiets of upgrading speakers, adding amps that are more capable.
Old 13-04-12, 10:09   #4
VSExe
Player

Thanks for the help guys. Umm No amp atm, pushed for money but does it matter if its a cheap amp or no point in doing that?
Old 14-04-12, 16:57   #5
Mr_Jox
Player

Car: Wooden Box With 4 wheels
why dont u get a custom made parcel shelf that fits 4 speaker, without cutting anything
Mr_Jox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-12, 17:30   #6
FLY-03L
Official Member

Car: 5 Speed VL SL
Trader Rating: (6)
QUALITY OVER QUANTITY
You can only run 4 speaker of a 4x50w head deck anyway.... please dont cut holes everywhere to mount poor quiality 6" speakers yo.

Get a 4 channel speaker amp, 40-60rms per channel and wire your speaker up to this, make sure you know how to tune it properly or youll blow ****. if you dont, take it to a shop..

Something like this is what you want
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-qQ7izkZ...er-reviews-tab
Old 15-04-12, 15:56   #7
VSExe
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY-03L View Post
QUALITY OVER QUANTITY
You can only run 4 speaker of a 4x50w head deck anyway.... please dont cut holes everywhere to mount poor quiality 6" speakers yo.

Get a 4 channel speaker amp, 40-60rms per channel and wire your speaker up to this, make sure you know how to tune it properly or youll blow ****. if you dont, take it to a shop..

Thanks so much, its already got pioneer in the doors and a pioneer head unit, so should i stick with pioneer just so its like a set?

Thanks all
Old 16-04-12, 18:28   #8
VSExe
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY-03L View Post
QUALITY OVER QUANTITY

ok cool as. Ill get them to tune it for sure. So this will get me better/louder sound?
thanks for all the help so far!!!!
Old 17-04-12, 13:39   #9
USH
Player

Car: 89 GQ Patrol 4.2 Diesel (3in lift and 33's) VS 95' v8 calais <sold> (VL 88' s2 n/a Berlina <sold>)
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSExe View Post
so should i stick with pioneer just so its like a set?

Thanks all
With car audio matching all the gear of the same brand doesn't really matter. Purchase what suits your needs and what you can afford in decent quality.
Having the speakers amped and tuned properly will get you better/louder sound. But as MrSquigle said, preping/installing the gear you have properly will give you gains as well.

Ush
USH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 22:27   #10
VSExe
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by USH View Post
With car audio matching all the gear of the same brand doesn't really matter. Purchase what suits your needs and what you can afford in decent quality.
Having the speakers amped and tuned properly will get you better/louder sound. But as MrSquigle said, preping/installing the gear you have properly will give you gains as well.

Ush
okay cool as, thanks so much guys, new to this site and loving it, can't wait to share some of my knowledge to someone in need!

if you guys have time and no much bout exhausts can you check this out please? http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=254256

thanks!!!
Old 18-04-12, 16:58   #11
Woggster
Player

Car: The BAT MOBILE
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to Woggster
If you want more fill/louder sound amp them and add more speakers to the parcel shelf and doors if you can.