Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > calaisturbo.com.au > Other Car Discussion
Calais Turbo Advertising

Old 15-09-14, 11:23   #1
pempa
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
In need of some advice

Hey guys just after abit of advice. Recently had my ute (bt50 2010) in at my mechanics to fix an overheating problem anyway there was a massive hailstorm the other arvo and my car was the only one out at the time as he was about to drive it home to see if the overheating problem was fixed. Long story short it coped the hail mostly to the bonnet and only ever so slightly on the roof. My mechanic told me when I got there that he had rung his insurance and they wouldn't cover it as it was "an act of god" and the car wasn't in his workshop. He wanted me to use my insurance but my excesses is over $1800. He has agreed to pay for half a new bonnet as I don't have 1800 to spend on my excess right now. Do I have a leg to stand on here as he is saying it's not his fault but obviously it is. Also would my car be written off or repaired does anyone know? It is insured for $23000 btw..
pempa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-14, 16:50   #2
ss nut
Player

Car: HDT Calais Sport Wagon(V8)1976 Sandman Van(V8)VS Commodore Ute,2000 Astra Sport.
If HE was going to test it to see if it still over heated,Then IT was still in HIS care so it IS HIS problem.
Yes act of God,Ask to speak to his insurance company.
it is this way here in NZ

Best of luck Marty
Old 15-09-14, 18:00   #3
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.

Trader Rating: (22)
I would take the mechanics offer, it's pretty bloody fair considering he has only a limited space t park his car and no control over the weather. Just because someone is "looking after your car" doesn't mean they have to fight off floods and alien invasion.
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-14, 15:53   #4
MovingPar
Player

Car:
Yeah I agree. It's hard to say what the real policy here is because if you turn your car over to them, it's basically their responsibility to keep it safe but in the events of a massive act of nature, I think that might be void.
MovingPar is offline   Reply With Quote