Old 14-03-08, 15:35   #51
Spool-Up
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSIWOG
Are u for real ?? I get more looks than most new cars. Definatly a stock XR6T
From the outside there pretty boring looking. So are VLCTs in standard trim but a calais with a mega cooler, guages, candy paint slammed etc be the lesser of 2 cars ?? mmm
Yes i am for real. Your saying that because your car has gauages and a cooler etc that its a better car haha im laughing. Of course you get more looks, coz its modded, and less of them around these days, doesnt mean they think your cars a better car, and half of them are probably looking at your gauges thinking what a tool you are, (sorry to every1 with gauges, i personally dont like them)

And how do you really know that you get more looks than a new car when you have an old car not a new 1?? take a drive in a new performance car like a new v8 or xr6t thats had some mods like lowered, rims and exhaust and see how many looks you get!

Last edited by Spool-Up; 14-03-08 at 15:38.
Spool-Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-08, 17:47   #52
INFLYT
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (8)
LOL, you'll get a few look's...
INFLYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-08, 18:27   #53
PSIWOG
Gold Members

Car: Audi
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to PSIWOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool-Up
Yes i am for real. Your saying that because your car has gauages and a cooler etc that its a better car haha im laughing. Of course you get more looks, coz its modded, and less of them around these days, doesnt mean they think your cars a better car, and half of them are probably looking at your gauges thinking what a tool you are, (sorry to every1 with gauges, i personally dont like them)

And how do you really know that you get more looks than a new car when you have an old car not a new 1?? take a drive in a new performance car like a new v8 or xr6t thats had some mods like lowered, rims and exhaust and see how many looks you get!
worked at HPF..... drove twin turbo monaros, blown BA XR8's, Blown R8, rally WRX's with T77 on it, 300 @ 4 wheel kw evo's etc etc etc..... will i go on ??
Guys dont go on about the of course if its heavily modified and the XR was stock. Im going of this line !!
"If 2 cars pull up at the lights, one being a 600kw vl turbo will immaculate paint and body work, and the other being a stock xr6t, guess what, 99% would pick the xr6t as the best car. "
Ill tell you why I think I get more looks...
1 - My mate who owns a porsche couldnt believe how many people give me a thumbs up or smile when he rides with me.
2 - Do you want me to write a list of the people who ask me when they see it if I can take them for a ride
3 - Last time I took it out car full of blondies, mmm yes please , stoped said beautiful car and blew me a kiss
4 - Im asked like 4 times every time I go for a cruise abou the car, work been done to it
5 - 3 times ive been stoped and asked if they could buy it on the spot
do you want me to go on ???? Hey mine isnt anything special.... imagine if it was a rajab car.... imagne if it was candy apple red with TV screen at all corners, etc etc. If your telling me a "stock" xr6" (lets forget the turbo part... joe blow doesnt know the difference from the ourside) would really be classed as the better car ?
Sorry you dont like guages on the bonnet. Its a fair call there wearing thin on me to. Brett your def right. Man id give my right nut to have A/C, espically today but I mean from a visual point only. Side by side the Calais IN MY OPINION, would be the classier car.
Old 14-03-08, 18:35   #54
VKiller
TO00NZ

Car: '96 Skyline GTST
Trader Rating: (16)
PSIWOG- you're preaching to the converted mate!

It's only one bloke with a funky point of view, I see xr6t's every single day, the majority I don't look at twice, they're a 40 year old businessman's car for the most part, fairly uninspiring.

I will always turn my head to look at a VL, modded or not.

To be honest I'm sick of people comparing the two, they are worlds apart, and besides this is the 'other car discussion' section, go talk about VLs anywhere else on the site!

How about everyone concentrate on the point of this thread, which is.......

This weapon running a 10 flat-

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKiller
Old 14-03-08, 21:14   #55
Mattuz
Shít Bloke

Car: WRX
Trader Rating: (12)
Send a message via MSN to Mattuz
they will be like the VL but just a ford version
forced induction 6s are so popular when they make then in australia they become classics, just like the VL in 20 years time the XR6T will be just as popular probably running even better times
Mattuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-08, 21:18   #56
PSIWOG
Gold Members

I agree.. thats one mean piece of car !!!
Sorry VKiller, I asumed the concenssos was the other way around. The VL was the boring one ?? Havent been to the drags in a while now, are there a few more of these things apearing now ? Last time I went 6-8 months ago, there were very few. The ones that were running were in the 14s. I know this one is super quick but have the rest of them beefed up lately ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL-Mattuz
forced induction 6s are so popular when they make then in australia they become classics, just like the VL in 20 years time the XR6T will be just as popular probably running even better times
better times ?? doubt it. The 4L is a massive engine but the weight of these things is getting stupid. To run a 7 in a XR6 ... god imagine the power needed !!

Last edited by PSIWOG; 14-03-08 at 21:19. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
PSIWOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-08, 21:21   #57
Red RB30 Jet
Player

Car: VL
Well I own both VLT and XR6T, the XR6 is alot better than a VL, regardless of whats been done to it.

Still like vl's but reality is many are old thrashed out **** boxes, with some tool behind the wheel.
Red RB30 Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-08, 21:23   #58
Mattuz
Shít Bloke

Car: WRX
Trader Rating: (12)
Send a message via MSN to Mattuz
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSIWOG
better times ?? doubt it. The 4L is a massive engine but the weight of these things is getting stupid. To run a 7 in a XR6 ... god imagine the power needed !!
yea fair enough but even still they will be popular in 10 years time just like the VLs and i agree with you, boostn needed nearly 1000rwhp to run a 7 the bigger XR6T would need insane power lol
Mattuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-08, 22:40   #59
omgbt1
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VL-Mattuz
couldn't have said it better IMO, just that when XR6T's are 20 years old, the VLT(GENIUNE) would be worth more for alot of reasons...
Old 15-03-08, 01:59   #60
vlcalais8
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgbt1
couldn't have said it better IMO, just that when XR6T's are 20 years old, the VLT(GENIUNE) would be worth more for alot of reasons...
very true lets hope the morons planning to molest thier orig VLT doesnt do so like many allready have
vlcalais8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-08, 03:41   #61
toranass
Player

Car: VR Berlina V6, Torana SS Hatch
found this while searching thought i would share.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h54MKkxX1qQ
Old 15-03-08, 08:40   #62
PSIWOG
Gold Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgbt1
Do you think the Calais turbo (non gen) will still be worth a shit load ? Does the price and demand thing come down to supply ? I think in 20 years time there will be so few VL's available, especialy in excelent condition that they will be well sourced. I guess its realy going to hit home when they stop making parts for them (aftermarket) Looking at the monaro coupes, even when not a gen GTS there still stupid priced. Makes me think its the fact that there are so few around now. I know the gen ones go for 4 times as much, but still wouldnt mind getting $100k for my Calais in 10 years. haha

Last edited by PSIWOG; 15-03-08 at 08:44.
PSIWOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-08, 13:10   #63
GMWPN.8
Player

Car:
This yellow XR6 Turbo is only goin to get quicker.. that was the first time it has ever been out.. They are still running the stock computer with a flash tune, stock suspension and it only ran 21psi.. this thing has so much more in it.. 9's are certain
GMWPN.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-08, 13:26   #64
Calais_Nv
Player

Car:
Send a message via MSN to Calais_Nv
ok the answer might be obvious to some people , so sorry if its a stupid question but how complicated is it to convert an n/a xr6 to a turbo?
Calais_Nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-08, 13:35   #65
MR.SUS
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (9)
why would you bother you can get a xr6 turbo for the same price or cheaper then a xr6.. check carsales
MR.SUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-08, 13:46   #66
Calais_Nv
Player

Car:
Send a message via MSN to Calais_Nv
nah jus curious man , mainly becase im saving to buy an xr6 ute and maybe turbo when off my p's
Calais_Nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-08, 14:05   #67
duz360
VOTE 1 HORSELL COMMON

Car: muppet mobile
Trader Rating: (79)
Send a message via MSN to duz360
original vlts are worth **** all guys
Old 16-03-08, 23:45   #68
INFLYT
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMWPN.8
This yellow XR6 Turbo is only goin to get quicker.. that was the first time it has ever been out.. They are still running the stock computer with a flash tune, stock suspension and it only ran 21psi.. this thing has so much more in it.. 9's are certain
They all run C.A.P.A Flash Tuner's man.
People have tried Motec's/Haltech's with these thing's and gone backward's.
How do you know it ran 21 P.S.I?
Old 22-03-08, 23:44   #69
TURBCHE

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFLYT
That Dyno run churned out 530 rwkw, but it had a 6 speed Manual in it.
It's now got a 3 speed Automatic.
On 21 psi. Heaps of potential behind her. Just a matter of sorting the problems out and taking it from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMWPN.8
As I mentioned above, still a lot of potential behind her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFLYT
They all run C.A.P.A Flash Tuner's man.
People have tried Motec's/Haltech's with these thing's and gone backward's.
How do you know it ran 21 P.S.I?
Can verify from the boys it was 21psi.

Last edited by TURBCHE; 25-03-08 at 01:04. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 23-03-08, 19:47   #70
GMWPN.8
Player

Car:
i was with johnny & scott from pro-matics.. Cant wait to see this thing smash the records.. well done Creatd motorsports awesome job
GMWPN.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-08, 19:56   #71
HDT086
Player

Car: Turbo Fun
Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via MSN to HDT086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool-Up
Xr6ts are way better cars than vls , the only reason i have a vl is because you can go fast for little money, dont you realise that most people with stockish vls wish they could afford a new car?

Do you realise that a guy with an xr6t could buy 5 vl turbos if he wanted to, but he doesnt.

In 20 years time i think the xr6t will have a similar amount of fame as the vlt does now.

If 2 cars pull up at the lights, one being a 600kw vl turbo will immaculate paint and body work, and the other being a stock xr6t, guess what, 99% would pick the xr6t as the best car. Of course the vl would be more fun to drive, but thats only one aspect of a cars overall worth.

VLT's will be known as the first Australian cult car so you really cant change that

Falcon Turbos are nice car with alot of poteniel but everyone will have there own opinions and will be a endless debate
HDT086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-08, 01:11   #72
TURBCHE

It is really laughable trying to compare a 22+ year old car housing a 23 year old engine which was produced once and updated once with a car using modern design and technology which the company has now spent a further 800 million in research and development on.

I highly doubt that if the VL was never produced, then the Falcon would have never come out turbo.
Old 26-03-08, 04:54   #73
HDT086
Player

Car: Turbo Fun
Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via MSN to HDT086
It's too early to predict prices for VLT's in 20 years time they only be worth what someone is willing to pay...

The HDT Turbos will be worth alot collectable written all over them the untouched ones
HDT086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-08, 19:13   #74
vl driftz
Player

Car: VR Turbo, Range Rover, VS Bt1
xr6t never was and never will be next vl. These things weigh too much. As for vl being POS family car, in 20 years the xr6t will be a HEAVY POS family car.
Old 27-03-08, 01:32   #75
INFLYT
Player

Car:
LOL. Gay XR6 Turbo vs VL Turbo debate...