JD CUSTOM

Old 31-12-14, 12:19   #1
PRO-BT1
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Compliance Plates

Hey guys, just had a few questions if someone can help answer them

Im looking to buy a Bt1, but the car got a full respray therefore the compliance plates were removed. There are 2 silver compliance plates. One has has info about the make and model of the car, while the other one has other info like the AVL number which I was told is the chassis number.

I have matched up the chassis number which is on the compliance plate to the strut tower. But how do I now match up the 2 compliance plates? How do I know the compliance plate that has BT1 written on it matches the other compliance plate?

Also how do you match up the engine number to the vehicle? Just to make sure that is the original engine from that car?

Also because all the parts were taken out of the car for the paint job, how do I know the parts being put back in the car are the original BT1 factory parts?

Im not sure if im making sense, but if anyone can understand what im trying to say, it would be a big help. I dont want to buy a normal VL with a compliance plate from a different car.

Thanks guys
PRO-BT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-15, 09:23   #2
deanoVLCT
MODERATERRRRR

Car: Car: Hq gts coupe - Vl Sl turbo bt1 - Vl nitron - Vl v8 1k001 berlina - Fg xr6 ute - LJ coupe - LX slr 5000 rep
Trader Rating: (24)
Alrighty, if it's a vl then the left compliance plate will say for example may 87 so now on the right plate down the bottom left corner it should say 5/87! You will never know the original engine number unless he has log books from orig purchase! Also you will not know if tue parts are orig bt1 or not, hopefully if it's turbo engine then it needs to be a8! Anyone feel free to correct me of I'm wrong but this is just from my experience!
deanoVLCT is offline   Reply With Quote